Tottenham Vs Brighton, Sunday 1st Nov - 7:15pm (Live on PPV).

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Play to the best of our ability and we’ll win, simple.

Spurs to win 8-7. 7-4 ahead after 85 mins and a cheeky OG for us in the dying seconds. Blood pressure has been quite high recently.....

Mark Lawrenson -

"Tottenham are absolutely flying at the moment and quite rightly everyone has been raving about how good the partnership is between Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min up front. I'm glad Son is getting the recognition he deserves - he is two-footed, clever and lightning quick. Kane has been hugely impressive too, of course, just by dropping off a little bit deeper so he can't be picked up, and he is kind of conducting the orchestra from there. People have been asking why Dele Alli hasn't been playing or Spurs - but we kind of know now, because at the moment it works without him. Brighton have been playing pretty well too, and creating plenty of chances, but they only have one win to show for it so far and it is hard to make a case for them adding to that total on Sunday. The Seagulls have to be a bit careful, because for all of their good play they keep dropping points against teams they should be beating. They are going to find things a lot harder against Spurs too."

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Rodons stock went up after last night

I think Rodon might be in with a good shout to start this match. Tanganga is injured and Dier is coming back from a knock even if he is ready to go.

Brighton aren't exactly free flowing up front so it would be a good game to blood him in. The January transfer window is fast approaching and we have allegedly the best champo defender on the books. He is only 23 but that isn't as if he is Tanganga's age. Davison is only a year older himself.

I can't imagine he was sold a move to Spurs to rot on the bench if he can't play Europa. It isn't as if our CB's presently don't make mistakes every game so I don't think we have much to lose by starting him. Good a time as any.

Is go with this
Lloris
Doherty Alderwiereld Rodon Reguillon
Lo Celso Højbjerg Ndombele
Bale Kane Son

Give Bale 45 minutes with Kane and Son instead of 30 with Lamela, Lucas or whoever. Also start Lo Celso. Sissoko can come in later. And blood Rodon against a pretty toothless team.

While Hughton was there, I didn't mind Brighton.... but now he's at Forest, fuck 'em!

I hope Forest do well this season (even though my wife is from Derby, but doesn't give a shit about football, so I can "Second team" who I want!!)

I sincerely hope we take Thursday as a lesson learned, and DON'T get so complacent again... we might get away with it in the EL Group stage, but not IF we get to the knock-outs... and we CERTAINLY can't afford to do that in the PL...

we all wanna see a reaction.... I'm sure Jose will demand it... even on his empty bus journey home the other night... while no doubt everyone else took in the sights and sounds of Antwerp, then got an Uber to the Airport!!!!

Really excited for this game. I really enjoy the Brighton project right now and although I think we have the better team and will get behind their high line, I am also uneasy about our ability to stop them from playing quick, vertical football. Should be a lively game with some goals.
I actually think Brighton’s ambition will play into our hands.

We’re clearly a better attacking team on the counter as Jose hasn’t been able to get this side to break defensively rigid sides down with ease yet.

Brighton will try to outplay us, that will leave gaps for Kane and Son to expose.

Mark Lawrenson -

"Tottenham are absolutely flying at the moment and quite rightly everyone has been raving about how good the partnership is between Harry Kane and Son Heung-Min up front. I'm glad Son is getting the recognition he deserves - he is two-footed, clever and lightning quick. Kane has been hugely impressive too, of course, just by dropping off a little bit deeper so he can't be picked up, and he is kind of conducting the orchestra from there. People have been asking why Dele Alli hasn't been playing or Spurs - but we kind of know now, because at the moment it works without him. Brighton have been playing pretty well too, and creating plenty of chances, but they only have one win to show for it so far and it is hard to make a case for them adding to that total on Sunday. The Seagulls have to be a bit careful, because for all of their good play they keep dropping points against teams they should be beating. They are going to find things a lot harder against Spurs too."

Lawro's prediction: 2-0
Always said he was a great tipster!

Tomorrow I expect a reaction from the team. I think Brighton is a team that adapts to the way we play.Yesterday, I saw some stats about mourinho's time at Tottenham and now he has more possession than before.

We need to win our next two Premier League games, period.

P.S: I can see most of the big six clubs losing points (again) this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom