Crystal Palace v. Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday, December 13, 2:15 PM GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Quandary.... How does one give a team possession whom does not want it?
I remember a 2014 European Cup game between Simeone's Atleti and Mourinho's Chelsea. Both sides sought to cede possession and hit on the counter.

Journos here asked Simeone about this, how neither side would want the ball. "What will your team do if Chelsea give you the ball?" "We'll give it right back to them" he replied, straight-faced.

The game ended 0-0 although Atleti won 1-3 the following week in London. I don't remmber the second match but my god, the first was painful to watch

I remember a 2014 European Cup game between Simeone's Atleti and Mourinho's Chelsea. Both sides sought to cede possession and hit on the counter.

Journos here asked Simeone about this, how neither side would want the ball. "What will your team do if Chelsea give you the ball?" "We'll give it right back to them" he replied, straight-faced.

The game ended 0-0 although Atleti won 1-3 the following week in London. I don't remmber the second match but my god, the first was painful to watch

Conjurs images like a monty python sketch. 😄

Oh I know.

But I'm still Spurs. Its been ingrained in me since birth to shit myself and be chock full of anxiety.
This team is sick of not winning anything each season. Kane, Son, Hugo, Toby and so on went through a lot of shit in the past years. It became a MUST to win every game. I think you can compare it to Liverpool's 20 years misery. Right now everything is working out perfectly. I don't see any reason to be worried about. Just ignore the FUD by Sky :roflmao: After this game we need to get our revenge against Liverpool. We lost the CL Final and all games last season against them.... It was every time pretty close. So imagine what could happen with an in-form team with Mou against them ;)

Quandary.... How does one give a team possession whom does not want it?
football soccer GIF by KiKA

This is going to be tough, much harder than the game against Woolwich. They will sit in deep and hit us with Zaha on the break. They will not push up like morons and leave great chasms for Son to run into. They will give us a taste of our own medicine.

Zaha is desperate to leave Palace for a big club and this game is the ultimate shop window. Aurier and Sissoko have to be on it, this is not like dealing with a washed up Aubemayang. Zaha has the hunger. If we deal with him then we will win.
You’re right, they will try and do what we have done. They have some strong and fast players so can counter, not just Zaha but he stands out of course.

I think we will break past their defense though and then they will have no choice but to push later in the game or if we go 2 up.

This could be a like a game of table football when the ball lands in the exact spot between the 2 lines of opposing players but neither can touch it.

The first game ever where both sides have 30% possession.

We all know exactly how and who we‘ll play at Anfield so I’d kind of like to see Mourinho shake it up a little bit and try to batter Palace just to prove we can play front foot attacking football too. Of course that idealism is why I’m not the manager, but it would be good fun.

Lloris
Aurier Rodon Dier Reguilon
Ndombele Hojbjerg
Bale Kane Son
Vinicius

We all know exactly how and who we‘ll play at Anfield so I’d kind of like to see Mourinho shake it up a little bit and try to batter Palace just to prove we can play front foot attacking football too. Of course that idealism is why I’m not the manager, but it would be good fun.

Lloris
Aurier Rodon Dier Reguilon
Ndombele Hojbjerg
Bale Kane Son
Vinicius
I’m hoping we rest Aurier and Reggie for this so they can be fresh for Wednesday, the lineup below I think we only ever see that front 4 is if it’s 0-0 at 70 minutes or we are losing , can’t see Jose changing a winning formula at the moment.

I'm real anxious about this one.

Law of averages suggests we've got to drop points soon and this is such a banana skin of a match.
same. The longer the clean sheet streak gets the more nervous I am.

Much less confident of this than city Chelsea and arse games

With respect that is an after the event comment.

You might be proved right but it is a comment full of illogic.

It is up to Mourinho and the players to recognise the need to be on top of the PL before we meet Liverpool on Wednesday.

A point is the least we must gain tomorrow.

Doherty and Davies against zaha and eze? :avbshit:
They will be fine ,it makes sense for Doc and Davies to play tomorrow and then Aurier and Reggie can play against Liverpool and Leicester. I just don’t think Aurier and Reggie will be able to play Sunday , Wednesday and then Sunday?

They will be fine ,it makes sense for Doc and Davies to play tomorrow and then Aurier and Reggie can play against Liverpool and Leicester. I just don’t think Aurier and Reggie will be able to play Sunday , Wednesday and then Sunday?
You do make a good point, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Kane and son play all those games if they remain fit.

You do make a good point, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we see Kane and son play all those games if they remain fit.
Yeah i think the core of the team will start all 3 games , it’s not like we are playing like we did under poch and pressing teams for 90 minutes , but I do think we will make a few changes having to play 3 games in such a short space of time.

Thinks Palace won't try to attack us, so probably a different approach to this game will come. Maybe Bale starting and Ndombele moving to the double pivot role with Hojbjerg.

Back
Top Bottom