Crystal Palace v. Tottenham Hotspur - Sunday, December 13, 2:15 PM GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For a team that has ambitions to win the league this is a must win, given our competition will less likely drop points there... also will likely take us to Anfield as leaders andGive a psychological advantage

es1Rv7H.jpg

Hart, Rodon, Sissoko, Moura, Lo Celso, Bale, Vinicius

It would be easy for our players to be thinking a bit about Wednesday, but we need 100% focus for this one.

Palace are coming off a good win, with their best players fit and coming into form. Eze looks a dangerous addition. We could do with an early goal.

Gio wont start, i guarantee. That would be his 4th start in a row and we know that he gets injured sometimes.

I would say too that this a perfect game for Bale to start, Bergwijn or Lucas can start vs Liverpool then.

Rodon may start too to keep Toby fresh.

Anyhow, 0-3 Spurs, Bale, Son and Kane to score.

It would be easy for our players to be thinking a bit about Wednesday, but we need 100% focus for this one.

Palace are coming off a good win, with their best players fit and coming into form. Eze looks a dangerous addition. We could do with an early goal.
This is where Mourinho has to make his vast experience count. He and his staff doing the prep for Liverpool behind the scenes, but the players don't speak a word of it. No small games any more.

I’ve got a twitchy arse about this one. Way more of a test than that other south London shambles last weekend. We should, on paper, win easily.
I just don’t see that happening and would be happy as a pig in shit with a hard fought 3 points because I don’t believe this is a walkover game. Hope I’m wrong and we glide easily to a thumping win.

I'd like to see Lo Celso as a RW, coming from the right to the inside. Jose clearly likes to play with two traditional wingers, so it's not something for every game. But we won't find much space against Palace. We'll need more creativity.

Ndombele is a must. A double pivot is also a must - say what you want about Sissoko, but we have the best defence in England and he's a part of it. After his great perfirmance on Thursday, this could be a match to try Lo Celso alongside them - while resting Bergwijn for Liverpool.

I'd like to see Lo Celso as a RW, coming from the right to the inside. Jose clearly likes to play with two traditional wingers, so it's not something for every game. But we won't find much space against Palace. We'll need more creativity.

Ndombele is a must. A double pivot is also a must - say what you want about Sissoko, but we have the best defence in England and he's a part of it. After his great perfirmance on Thursday, this could be a match to try Lo Celso alongside them - while resting Bergwijn for Liverpool.
I don't see why anything has to change from the City/Chelsea game. Bergwijn is doing a good job, the system is settled.

Ndombele off for Lo Celso as usual around the 60th minute, play as a CM when defending, but as a RW when attacking, just like he did against City and Antwerp.

Then Bergwijn off by around 70mins if we have a relatively comfortable lead.

We can't fuck around against Palace, every chance it ends up like West Ham or Newcastle.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see why anything has to change from the City/Chelsea game. Bergwijn is doing a good job, the system is settled.

Ndombele off for Lo Celso as usual around the 60th minute, play as a CM when defending, but as a RW when attacking, just like he did against City and Antwerp.

Then Bergwijn off by around 70mins if we have a relatively comfortable lead.

We can't fuck around against Palace, every chance it ends up like West Ham or Newcastle.
I'm very happy with the fact that our system is settled and, as I said, Jose likes to play with traditional wingers - which means Lo Celso as a RW wouldn't be something for every match. Also, I don't think Palace will be an easy game at all. Did you read what I said?

There are reasons for changing the team, though:

- Resting Bergwijn. Both Liverpool and Leicester are strong on the sides. We'll need him working a lot in a really short space of time.

- Not only that, but we're now entrering a stage of the season where we need to rotate players in the Premier League - not because I want it, but because our players need it.

- One thing is to face City/Chelsea, another thing is to face Palace. We'll have much more possession. Notice that we've scored 5 against Southampton, but since that game (in the second round) "small" teams have been trying their best not to give us any space to counter - we struggled against West Brom, Brighton and Burnley, and we lost points against Newcastle and West Ham.

I think Lo Celso could be a very interesting weapon to break down low blocks, with quick combinations and intelligent passes.

COYS

Last edited:
I'm very happy with the fact that our system is settled and, as I said, Jose likes to play with traditional wingers - which means Lo Celso as a RW wouldn't be something for every game. Also, I don't think Palace will be an easy game at all. Did you read what I said?

There are possible reasons for changing the team, though:

- Resting Bergwijn. Both Liverpool and Leicester are strong on the sides. We'll need him working a lot in a really short space of time.

- Not only that, but we're now entrering a stage of the season where we need to rotate players in the Premier League - not because I want it, but because our players need it.

- One thing is to face City/Chelsea, another thing is to face Palace. We'll have much more possession. Notice that we've scored 5 against Southampton - in the second round -, but teams have been trying their best not to give us any space to counter - we struggled against West Brom, Brighton and Burnley, and we lost points against Newcastle and West Ham.

I think Lo Celso could be a very interesting weapon to break down low blocks, with quick combinations and intelligent passes.

COYS
I understand your concern, it's a valid idea. My view is that we're not a very dynamic hard running team, so we can be a bit more calm about fatigue.

If we can pull ahead we'll just camp in our half and Bergwijn won't have to do as much running. I think we should take care of the fatigue through relatively early substitutions rather than rotation. Bring on Lucas, Lo Celso, and possibly even Vinicius as early as possible.

I wouldn't be devestated if Bergwijn was rested, but I fully subscribe to Mou's view, don't think about Liverpool yet. Focus on Palace. We didn't lose out on top 4 because Liverpool beat us, we lost it to midtable fodder.

I understand your concern, it's a valid idea. My view is that we're not a very dynamic hard running team, so we can be a bit more calm about fatigue.

If we can pull ahead we'll just camp in our half and Bergwijn won't have to do as much running. I think we should take care of the fatigue through relatively early substitutions rather than rotation. Bring on Lucas, Lo Celso, and possibly even Vinicius as early as possible.

I wouldn't be devestated if Bergwijn was rested, but I fully subscribe to Mou's view, don't think about Liverpool yet. Focus on Palace. We didn't lose out on top 4 because Liverpool beat us, we lost it to midtable fodder.
Kane fanboy. Shits on everyone on the team except Kane. Also supports the opposition. Loser with too much time.

If we play Caledor the Dragontamer & Lorath Lord of Talsynthat should neutralise most of his Chaos Orcs unless , of course he plays An'ggrath the Unbound - The most powerful Bloodthirster of Khorne,then I’d start with Alaric the Mad upfront

There's a lot I can say but I will keep it to WARRRHAMMER.

Bale must start over Berg - enough is enough
He had his chance to show something against Antwerp. A great free kick doesn't override the general unimpressiveness since he joined us.

Kane fanboy. Shits on everyone on the team except Kane. Also supports the opposition. Loser with too much time.
I’m confused, you keep on calling out as a fanboy yet you also have a player in your username?
I’ve been reading his and your posts and I don’t think there’s anything to see here.
You keep calling him out in various threads is tiresome though.

Back
Top Bottom