Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 8 May | 12.30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So disappointing. While I’m convinced that the Kane goal was onside (I think the frame used to determine he was offside already had the ball off Deles foot), it’s irrelevant. Leeds just pressured us and we didn’t respond. There’s a lack of passion among a lot of these guys.

I thought Dele looked good again and I think I’d have left him on (although maybe it’s a fitness issue).

I'd say it was close. Still don't understand why they gave them that one, but ruled Kane's goal offside
This is the scandal of VAR offside calls. Even though both goals were on the same half of the pitch, the camera angles were different, making Kane's look a toenail offside, and making theirs look a foot onside.

I don't have a problem with theirs being given, we were probably losing anyway. But Kane's not being given was probably the worst VAR offside call I've seen.

Not ashamed to admit that i shut the game off after Kane's goal ruled offside.

I literally went into work and did some CNC machine programming to take my mind off of how fucking angry I was.

Thanks but WHY 2 refs when the one on the pitch only needs someone to draw the lines ?
So you would agree that he picked the wrong team today ?
BTW brilliant analysis, I think that today 2 defensive midfielders would have been the key.
Because an understanding of the rules and refereeing knowledge needed. He is basically do the job of the ref when the ref or linesmen when they miss something. I completely understand that. My argument is should be from an independent body. Not the same as the one the ref on the pitch is with. It's like having a game show competition with a independent adjudicator. Why can't this be similar.

This is the scandal of VAR offside calls. Even though both goals were on the same half of the pitch, the camera angles were different, making Kane's look a toenail offside, and making theirs look a foot onside.

I don't have a problem with theirs being given, we were probably losing anyway. But Kane's not being given was probably the worst VAR offside call I've seen.
At 2-1 there at least a chance of a draw. Both were a scandal

Not ashamed to admit that i shut the game off after Kane's goal ruled offside.

I literally went into work and did some CNC machine programming to take my mind off of how fucking angry I was.
There simply has to be a zone of a prescribed width wherein they stick with the call on the field.

What they of course most ought to do is nuke VAR from orbit and never speak of it again, but if they insist on going on like this, the fix is obvious.

The illusion of precision involved is the stuff of Roman barbers bleeding people to death, it is utter lunacy.

Because an understanding of the rules and refereeing knowledge needed. He is basically do the job of the ref when the ref or linesmen when they miss something. I completely understand that. My argument is should be from an independent body. Not the same as the one the ref on the pitch is with. It's like having a game show competition with a independent adjudicator. Why can't this be similar.
Why can't the ref always decide on the sidelines,

Who do you think you are , Leeds United will never ever have an inferiority complex to Spurs.

Spurs are a traditional top 8 club that’s it, you haven’t won the league for 60 years ffs.

The outpouring of grief and entitlement on here is astounding.

Realist Spurs fans know that football is about ups and downs, you’ve always had tremendous support second to none, your club has been clever over the years with teams with the odd maverick a Gascoigne, Lineker, Berbatov, Klinsman, Ossie, these gave the fans hope and kept them returning but they didn’t expect to win the league every year.

Maybe your NFL Stadium has diluted the support as I’m shocked at the arrogance on this site.

To all proper Spurs I wish you nothing but luck, the atmosphere you created at the Lane has been magical, all the expectant bed wetters should fuck off and support Man City.

I don’t disagree that it’s a problem, but I’d challenge that it’s a bigger problem. If you play those 2 you have to have 3 in the midfield because they won’t do the job of protecting the full backs. We know that. But you need defenders to defend. Eric today has just made some unimaginably bad decisions.

I’ve got Eric down as having the chance to prevent all 3 goals and he fails to do so on each occasion.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a high opinion of any of our defenders individually (same goes for much of our squad really) but we’ve been badly coached for 4 years now and that’s hurting us even more as a collective. We just don’t defend cohesively as a group. We allow teams to build and play through us, nobody ahead of the defence tracks runners properly, and we don’t give our fb’s any cover. We allow balls into our box constantly.

Last edited:
Who do you think you are , Leeds United will never ever have an inferiority complex to Spurs.

Spurs are a traditional top 8 club that’s it, you haven’t won the league for 60 years ffs.

The outpouring of grief and entitlement on here is astounding.

Realist Spurs fans know that football is about ups and downs, you’ve always had tremendous support second to none, your club has been clever over the years with teams with the odd maverick a Gascoigne, Lineker, Berbatov, Klinsman, Ossie, these gave the fans hope and kept them returning but they didn’t expect to win the league every year.

Maybe your NFL Stadium has diluted the support as I’m shocked at the arrogance on this site.

To all proper Spurs I wish you nothing but luck, the atmosphere you created at the Lane has been magical, all the expectant bed wetters should fuck off and support Man City.
We're getting lip from the most detested fans in the country now?

Get back to beating your wife.

All that VAR has done for me is made me more disillusioned with football. It has taken away the excitement and passion and made watching it a much more sterile experience. I 100% think that we were cheated yesterday just like the Son goal ruled out against Leicester. They can use VAR to justify anything. They can vary the frames, angles and not draw the lines on straight. It is bullshit. Having said that it was a shit performance

Back
Top Bottom