Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do you have to turn every single fucking thread into a cunt off? You do nothing but insult people and act like you know everything, which couldn't be further from the truth. It's so breathtakingly sad. Do you genuinely not have anything better to do? Is this really the highlight of your day?

Are you going for a cunt off you massive cunte?

Just put him on ignore.
Or start hitting the foul button. The amount of people on this forum that are outright rude and aggressive on a personal level is unacceptable.

I quickly put 10+ posters on ignore after coming here for that reason. The problem is, all I see is posts such as these replying to them like this so they're note really gone.

I just have to resist the urge to click "show ignored content"

Quite right - if you don't want to have the discussion hit ignore - it's what it's there for - I will argue with anyone who wants a discussion no problem, I'm wrong as much as I'm right, aren't we all. But if you're not up for the debate then hit ignore.

Or you could be a dickhead and hit foul for anyone who doesn't agree with you - but that's the childish response Matt ;)

You have become rather butt hurt since your yellow.

Chill out man.
mr burns who the devil are you GIF

I'm not your friend, if some constantly whining negative fan like you sat next to me every week, it would not end well.

Your theory is rubbish - do the bloody research - you must sit with a group of likeminded idiots, why not try talking to a few more people or indeed read the information that's readily available.

You have a habit of criticising Spurs fans who don't hold your very narrow limited viewpoint claiming that anyone who doesn't agree with you is some kind of Levy fanboy.

Fair enough that's what you think, your opinion which is fine, but don't pretend this is a universal belief, or indeed that more than a tiny minority (remember the two men and a sign protesting whilst 54,000 went to the game) think the same, that's not the reality.

As I keep repeating, research the fanbase polls, you will find you are in a small minority who probably operate in an internet sound box where they convince each other they are right.

The easily researchable facts are - the average Spurs fan is over 50, season ticket holders even older - hardly surprising as football is an expensive hobby. The average Spurs fan has over thirty years following Spurs, again season ticket holders even longer.

Most Spurs fans when asked say owners Sugar, ENIC, Scholar come and go and have very little long term impact - most Spurs fans believe ENIC will leave Spurs in a far better condition than when the bought them, and quite frankly most Spurs fans couldn't give two fecks about the owners

Managers, players, results - and after that just maybe Levy.

I think that the focus on manager, players, results needs to be deprioritised behind an overall critique of the clubs ownership and direction.

Over the last 10 or so years spurs have had some very talented managers in the form of Redknapp, Poch, Mourinho, and Conte.

Spurs have also stumbled upon some incredible generational talents, one of which went on to win a ballon d'or (Modric), while others have been the most sought after players in the world (Bale, berbatov, kane).

The limiting factor has always been the unwillingness to supplement the framework of a great team, with additional players that make it an incredible team.

Owners have progressed spurs as far as they're willing to go. They're not going to attempt to compete with the big clubs. So years of gradual improvement has ultimately left us on a dead end path and spurs have reached their peak unless there are new owners, or better still a major change in the current owners strategy/ambition.

To moan about managers, and players now is irrelevant when we ask ourselves, who put them there and why aren't they achieving what we see other clubs achieving?

I think that the focus on manager, players, results needs to be deprioritised behind an overall critique of the clubs ownership and direction.

Over the last 10 or so years spurs have had some very talented managers in the form of Redknapp, Poch, Mourinho, and Conte.

Spurs have also stumbled upon some incredible generational talents, one of which went on to win a ballon d'or (Modric), while others have been the most sought after players in the world (Bale, berbatov, kane).

The limiting factor has always been the unwillingness to supplement the framework of a great team, with additional players that make it an incredible team.

Owners have progressed spurs as far as they're willing to go. They're not going to attempt to compete with the big clubs. So years of gradual improvement has ultimately left us on a dead end path and spurs have reached their peak unless there are new owners, or better still a major change in the current owners strategy/ambition.

To moan about managers, and players now is irrelevant when we ask ourselves, who put them there and why aren't they achieving what we see other clubs achieving?

OK so you're saying that the Board now counts not Managers, Players and Results ..... each to there own I guess.

I'm not your friend, if some constantly whining negative fan like you sat next to me every week, it would not end well.

Your theory is rubbish - do the bloody research - you must sit with a group of likeminded idiots, why not try talking to a few more people or indeed read the information that's readily available.

You have a habit of criticising Spurs fans who don't hold your very narrow limited viewpoint claiming that anyone who doesn't agree with you is some kind of Levy fanboy.

Fair enough that's what you think, your opinion which is fine, but don't pretend this is a universal belief, or indeed that more than a tiny minority (remember the two men and a sign protesting whilst 54,000 went to the game) think the same, that's not the reality.

As I keep repeating, research the fanbase polls, you will find you are in a small minority who probably operate in an internet sound box where they convince each other they are right.

The easily researchable facts are - the average Spurs fan is over 50, season ticket holders even older - hardly surprising as football is an expensive hobby. The average Spurs fan has over thirty years following Spurs, again season ticket holders even longer.

Most Spurs fans when asked say owners Sugar, ENIC, Scholar come and go and have very little long term impact - most Spurs fans believe ENIC will leave Spurs in a far better condition than when the bought them, and quite frankly most Spurs fans couldn't give two fecks about the owners

Managers, players, results - and after that just maybe Levy.
Such anger and vitriol again. Try and be a little more affable in your replies and you'll gain more respect from the forum 🤜

You really ought to reconsider this whacky idea that anyone who buys a season ticket must be an ENIC supporter. They're Spurs supporters, mate, many of which will not let their disdain or dislike of Levy and Lewis over shadow their lifelong love for our football club. Hell, there's plenty on this very forum, my friend.

By your warped and twisted philosophy, 40,000 season ticket holders at Newcastle were Mike Ashley supporters up until he sold up.

The overwhelming majority of our fanbase have had enough of ENIC mate. Most are passively angry but they've had enough nonetheless.

As soon as you accept this, while expressing your absolute right to disagree, the less spiteful and more engaging I think you'd be.
:adesalute:

Well he said this - maybe you just put your JT spin on it?

"I think that the focus on manager, players, results needs to be deprioritised behind an overall critique of the clubs ownership and direction"
I think the point he was making, and maybe he'll clarify, is that it's reached the stage where it's pointless focusing all responsibility for results on managers and players when the owners of the club are responsible for appointing all of our managers, and responsible for the quality of the squad charged with achieving these expected results on the pitch.

After all, if it turns out that Pochettino, Jose Mourinho, Antonio Conte, Son Hueng Min and Harry Kane etc.. fail to win a single pot between them..... surely it's time to start looking elsewhere for the reasons why?

Last edited:
Such anger and vitriol again. Try and be a little more affable in your replies and you'll gain more respect from the forum 🤜

You really ought to reconsider this whacky idea that anyone who buys a season ticket must be an ENIC supporter. They're Spurs supporters, mate, many of which will not let their disdain or dislike of Levy and Lewis over shadow their lifelong love for our football club. Hell, there's plenty on this very forum, my friend.

By your warped and twisted philosophy, 40,000 season ticket holders at Newcastle were Mike Ashley supporters up until he sold up.

The overwhelming majority of our fanbase have had enough of ENIC mate. Most are passively angry but they've had enough nonetheless.

As soon as you accept this, while expressing your absolute right to disagree, the less spiteful and more engaging I think you'd be.

Whatever JT - you support the club your way, I'll keep supporting it my way, as I have done for over 50 years.

The 'overwhelming majority' of the voices in your head mean fuck all. You can hate all you want but until 60,000 stop showing up you're just talking out your arse.

There are a handful of sad fucks on this forum, deadly quiet when we win, but happily trolling away when we lose ... we all know who they are, as indeed do you "there's plenty on this forum" .... each to their own, if hating on the club makes you happy, you carry on.

I think the point he was making, and maybe he'll clarify, is that it's reached the stage where it's pointless focusing all responsibility for results on managers and players when the owners of the club are responsible for appointing all of our managers, and responsible for the quality of the squad charged with achieving these expected results on the pitch.

After all, if it turns out that Pochettino, Jose Mourinho, Antonio Conte, Son Hueng Min and Harry Kane etc.. fail to win a single pot between them..... surely it's time to start looking elsewhere for the reasons why?

JT think about that - you are saying that every owner who has not won a trophy should sell up - that's about 87 club owners in the UK.

The reasons we don't have the recent trophies of City, Chelsea, Utd, Woolwich and Liverpool is that since the early eighties we dropped miles behind the big three on income, in fact when ENIC took over we were outside the top twenty in Europe and barely sixth in the UK .... ENIC like any temporary custodians of our club had the task of bringing us as close to financially competitive as they could - are you honestly saying they've failed that role?

Sure we could sell up to Abro or a Middle East Nation ... do you actually want that?

Name the other clubs who haven't been financially doped who are winning trophies, pretty short list isn't it.

You can hate away, let me appreciate the positives - we clearly have a very different take on what 'support' means and that fine, just stop telling everyone your right "The overwhelming majority of our fanbase have had enough of ENIC" that's just your opinion, in my opinion it's simply not true.

The 'overwhelming majority' of the voices in your head mean fuck all. You can hate all you want but until 60,000 stop showing up you're just talking out your arse.
Hate is a strong word. And you keep insisting on using it.

In all my years as a supporter I've had nothing but love ❤ for my football club. :coys:

I support every manager ( shameful appointment of Nuno apart), and I don't hurl abuse at our players. This is why it hurts me so much when I see that our owners simply can't be bothered.

You seem ambivalent towards it. That's fine if that's the road you wish to take. But at least try and accept the fire and the passion of those who think we deserve better rather than throwing terms like hate around with abandon

Last edited:
JT think about that - you are saying that every owner who has not won a trophy should sell up - that's about 87 club owners in the UK.
This is a very patronising and condescending statement in regards to the great club you claim to support.

We are not Rochdale. We are not Wimbledon. We are not the other 87 other football league clubs you refer to.

We are Tottenham Hotspur. One of the biggest, Wealthiest, Best supported, and until ENIC, 4TH MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB IN THE LAND. Winning major trophies 🏆 in every single decade since WWII

Please reflect on what you just posted.

Last edited:
Hate is a strong word. And you keep insisting on using it.

In all my years as a supporter I've had nothing but love ❤ for my football club. :coys:

I support every manager ( shameful appointment of Nuno apart) and this is why it hurts me so much when I see that our owners simply can't be bothered.

You seem ambivalent towards it. That's fine if that's the road you wish to take. But at least try and accept the fire and the passion of those who think we deserve better rather than throwing terms like hate around with abandon

Love is unconditional - calling the owners cunts seems a strange way of showing unconditional love.

Bit like saying "I've had nothing but love ❤ for my family" except that bitch daughter who didn't always get the straight A's I wanted, her I'll abuse every chance I get and try to adopt a replacement.

You might call it 'fire and passion' endlessly abusing individuals who in reality you know nothing about - I just call it hate, just a matter of opinion I guess.

This is a very patronising and condescending statement in regards to the great club you claim to support.

We are not Rochdale. We are not Wimbledon. We are not the other 87 other football league clubs you refer to.

We are Tottenham Hotspur. One of the biggest, Wealthiest, Best supported, and until ENIC, 4TH MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB IN THE LAND.

Please reflect on what you just posted.

Oh come on JT - we are not CITY - CHELSEA - UTD - LIVERPOOL either, and they're the teams we've had to compete against for the last twenty years.

When ENIC took over we were at that time the eight ranked side in the EPL (not the feckin' fourth) why do you keep banging that tired drum ... what we achieved before the EPL was created, and before the advent of Billionaire owners, is that a meaningful comparison in 2022.

As I said you support your way, and I'll stick with mine.

Love is unconditional - calling the owners cunts seems a strange way of showing unconditional love.

Bit like saying "I've had nothing but love ❤ for my family" except that bitch daughter who didn't always get the straight A's I wanted, her I'll abuse every chance I get and try to adopt a replacement.

You might call it 'fire and passion' endlessly abusing individuals who in reality you know nothing about - I just call it hate, just a matter of opinion I guess.
Of course, if you support the owners above the football team you'd have a point.

Many of us, however, can separate the two. We can love ❤ our Spurs, without extending that love to the charlatans exploiting our club to expand their property portfolio at the expense of the team 🏠🏨🏩⛳🏌️‍♂️🎦

Back
Top Bottom