Controversial opinions about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK, probably not phrased as well as I might, but we have better claim to any of those accolades than anyone else being the second place team in those scenarios.

If the authorities revoked those honours from Chavski & City tomorrow we'd be seen as the winners by proxy.

(For any Spurs fans to deny us this much would just underline an undue anti-ENIC bias.)

We'd also have had 100's more million in the bank to compete for the above mentioned players thanks to more 4 finishes and a better stature to attract them with.... Hazard immedaitely springs to mind for starters. Imagine a CL regulars team consisting of Modrich, Bale & Hazard FFS!!!!
Not to mention the fact that without the sport washers, we wouldn't be looking at transfers in the £100M plus bracket. They inflated the market to unmanageable proportions for anyone else.

Some of the songs we sing are crap and embarrassing. Too many over the years involve someone hating another team, predictable and boring.

Why didn’t we ever get past singing about Judas or John Terry when it came to Ledley? Born is the king and all that.

Our supporters don’t get behind the team like they need to at times.

I don't like the 'Come on you Spurs' chant because it ends on a depressing down-note.

Saints go marching in, that's the whole point of the song. leave it to So'ton. it just highlights the fact we don't have enough original songs.

On the self-deprecating front:
"We had Alli, Dele Alli
I just don't think you understand
He only cost 5 mill, and now he's worth nil
we had Dele Alli".

Lillywhite and navy blue is not the most exciting colour combination.

In color psychology, white showcases innocence, goodness, cleanliness, and humility. On the flip side it can also symbolise sterility and cold.

Dark blue shades are serious, representing stablity and conservatism.

We need better colours to represent 'to dare is to do'.

All our recent managers have worn the alternative colours of lighter blue and yellow. i think that should be our main strip, with the lillywhite and navy blue as the second strip...

Controversial enough?

Harry Kane is a great league striker.... But he is just not a knock out game player. He'll score and assist a ton over the span of a league season, but when asked to deliver in a do or die situation he has a tendency to go missing. He's lacking the clutch gene.

Son is way more of a big game player for us than Harry is. As sacrilige as it may be to say about Tottenham's favourite son.
Shut up Patrik

Also... "gimme gimme gimme a Ginger from Sweden...."?? REALLY?

It's his hair colour ffs...

...I doubt this is the best lyric for us to be adopting in the current climate of unavoidable 'hair conditions' debate!!

Besides: "Gimme, Gimme Gimme De-jan Kulu-sevski..." scans MUCH better!!
Also... To the tune of 'Fernando'...

"Kulusevski's on the pitch tonight,
He's shining bright! It's Dejaaaaan!
He's scorin' goals for you and me,
For Spurs FC! It's Dejan!"

Lillywhite and navy blue is not the most exciting colour combination.

In color psychology, white showcases innocence, goodness, cleanliness, and humility. On the flip side it can also symbolise sterility and cold.

Dark blue shades are serious, representing stablity and conservatism.

We need better colours to represent 'to dare is to do'.

All our recent managers have worn the alternative colours of lighter blue and yellow. i think that should be our main strip, with the lillywhite and navy blue as the second strip...

Controversial enough?
Yoy mean like this?

selecao brasileira football GIF by Confederação Brasileira de Futebol

Back
Top Bottom