Tim Sherwood

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wouldn't get too wound up, not worth replying tbh, as whatever you say will be either ignored if you disprove the guy, or twisted if he can.

Essentially, another one of those people who think that our weak area at LB suddenly masks the fact that we've had injuries all round, a lack of team spirit, shit luck and allegedly the best way to be a pro is to undermine the manager in the papers.

Do we need to sign this guy to play left back? You'd think so, based on the posts.

3445290-2485086653-9038-.jpg

The Sherwood thread is where everyone comes to vent about everything except Sherwood these days.

Don't you think its funny that when I cut out your frothing, you agree with me?
No, I don't find that funny considering the part we (I thought) were in disagreement about had nothing to do with Caulker, and I didn't originally think that Rose would be as average as he has proven to be. You were overstating the importance of the LB situation on our performance. The only thing that's funny is how quickly you backtracked on that.

Wow, I'm so impressed.

As for your Vert quality meltdown:

"What WE deserve is a player that puts his head and heart 100% into each and every game, even if he has different ideas or thoughts on how things should be going."

You think we deserve better. I think he deserves better fans.
It wasn't a meltdown. That statement has nothing to do with us deserving "better" or his quality, it has everything to do with wanting a player that appears to be committed to our success.

It wasn't a meltdown. That statement has nothing to do with us deserving "better" or his quality, it has everything to do with wanting a player that appears to be committed to our success.
ILSpur ILSpur

There's 30 pages of this troll on SC before he got banned. Got to love 'ole Gibbsy'.

http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/ind...sc-polls-compared-to-the-media-pundits.67015/

I got banned from there for 4 reasons:

1: Chris Hughton (huge thread with thousands of responses) and he got fired months after I started it.
2: Modric. I questioned Modrics true worth to the team when he signed and it started a shit storm. We had the worst ever start in the Prem and that thread got locked.
3: Stadium. I claimed that the stadium would not get completed years ago, and spent a lot of time in the thread pointing out why. So did another poster, a mod who turned up to all of the meetings etc. He voted me as most clueless poster in a poll. That day Lev released a letter saying the plans to build had been scrapped due to the Gov reasons I had posted previously. I posted "Gotta trust ole Gibbsy" and he permabanned me. Sour grapes.
4: Spice Boys. I started a thread about players that cared more about what they did on a Sat night than a sat afternoon. They all called me a twat. Next thing you know Ledders is arrested, Bentley is crashing his car drunk, secret Dublin Xmas party, Harry is banning nightclubs etc and THAT thread gets locked...

I got banned from there because of sour grapes. Not because I am a troll. I just got banned from another forum because claims I made regarding Townsend, Lennon, AVB, Defoe and Rose all came true. Pride will make a lot of people ignore reality and the ban hammer usually comes a few years later for me. Why would you want me hanging around if you called Ade a cunt, said Lennon, Hudd, Defoe etc are the answer then the opposite happens and I am still hanging around? I get brushed under the carpet more than Huddlestone taco crumbs.

Now it seems like I am a troll because of what? I back Vert's mentality and back him 100%?

Last edited:
Lloris stay, I'd drive Vertonghen myself. I'm not particularly convinced his heart is in the right place this season, nor before he signed, so keeping him against his will would no doubt be worse.

He's far more replaceable than Hugo, in fairness. The last match was evidence of that, as Daws and Younes were unlucky, whereas Jan was counter productive at left back.

That's probably harsh, but I think i'm pissed off by the look on his face when it happened

The Woolwich game should be a good test to see where the players hearts are, if they can't raise themselves for the scum the. It really is bad.

1: Chris Hughton (huge thread with thousands of responses) and he got fired months after I started it.
2: Modric. I questioned Modrics true worth to the team when he signed and it started a shit storm. We had the worst ever start in the Prem and that thread got locked.
3: Stadium. I claimed that the stadium would not get completed years ago, and spent a lot of time in the thread pointing out why. So did another poster, a mod who turned up to all of the meetings etc. He voted me as most clueless poster in a poll. That day Lev released a letter saying the plans to build had been scrapped due to the Gov reasons I had posted previously. I posted "Gotta trust ole Gibbsy" and he permabanned me. Sour grapes.
4: Spice Boys.
I got banned from there because of sour grapes. Not because I am a troll. I just got banned from another forum because claims I made regarding Townsend, Lennon, AVB, Defoe and Rose all came true. Pride will make a lot of people ignore reality and the ban hammer usually comes a few years later for me. Why would you want me hanging around if you called Ade a cunt, said Lennon, Hudd, Defoe etc are the answer then the opposite happens and I am still hanging around? I get brushed under the carpet more than Huddlestone taco crumbs.

Now it seems like I am a troll because of what? I back Vert's mentality and back him 100%?

No accountability for own actions...check.
Always right...check
Still always right even when proven wrong...check
Failure to follow the main crux of a conversation...check
Martyr complex...check
Blatant deceit to further own argument...check.

Troll? Check.

Done.

The Woolwich game should be a good test to see where the players hearts are, if they can't raise themselves for the scum the. It really is bad.

Also be a good test of whether he wants to impress in front of them. Surely if he is pandering for a move in the summer, he'd want to look good in front of the cameras in a NLD.

I'm more keen to see how the whole squad react, plus sherwood's selection.

No accountability for own actions...check.
Always right...check
Still always right even when proven wrong...check
Failure to follow the main crux of a conversation...check
Martyr complex...check
Blatant deceit to further own argument...check.

Troll? Check.

Done.
Actually, to be fair to gibbs131 , getting banned from SC isn't that hard if you fall foul of the mods. Basically if they take a disliking to you, you're gone.

I'm glad to disappoint you. I back Vert 100 percent. Questioning verts performance is typical fickle fan hot air that drives players away.

You will be sucking his balls a year from now and this conversation will be long forgotten.

FFS write Vertonghen, it's really not that difficult.

Vert sounds like the sort of shit Gooners come up with for their players.

4: Spice Boys. I started a thread about players that cared more about what they did on a Sat night than a sat afternoon. They all called me a twat. Next thing you know Ledders is arrested, Bentley is crashing his car drunk, secret Dublin Xmas party, Harry is banning nightclubs etc and THAT thread gets locked...

3qf7f6.jpg

Don't worry though, you have to be a complete cunt to get banned from here and even then you're usually safe. We have plenty of forum members here who've made a new home and who weren't wanted elsewhere. We're a bit like Australia.

Actually, to be fair to gibbs131 , getting banned from SC isn't that hard if you fall foul of the mods. Basically if they take a disliking to you, you're gone.

In all fairness, if you look at the contributions on there from him they are no different to the short shift here. Seems to be echoes of similarity, nothing unjustified whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom