Sunderland v TOTTENHAM - 13th Sept 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane is a striker. He might be useful as a number 10, but not as useful as he is up top. His scoring record last season proved that. I don't think it need be debated any longer that Kane should be playing behind someone.

I agree, tongue in cheek but it has been said regularly by plenty of people.

Don't fix what isn't broken.

You don't move a 30 goal a year striker around. You keep him there because he's doing his job. Son can play in the 10 role if required, not the other way around.

It's amazing how people miss irony, it's like goldy and silvery but it's made of iron.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Alderweirald, Verts, Rose, Dier, Bentaleb, Son, Mason, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

Heard Eriksen was injured so this is the team Ineould like to see. Know it's early days but I hope Son is used as we really lack pace.

Are you a "glass half full" or "glass half empty" type of person? I have always wondered about this.. :pochlol:

I see things for what they are. Glass half full? 5th game in and we have our first "must win" with key players already injured and fatigued, and fuck all back up.

Id like to know what you would consider a bad situation.

Strange how if Son is a striker option, nobody is suggesting he plays up to with Kane in behind?

Exactly. Not many could bring themselves to slate Poch for dropping Kane deep to play Soldado furthest forward last season.....but now we have Son, considered by some as a striker, and no one wants to see him up top, despite Kanes brilliant deep role against Stoke.

Someone even said that Chadli would be "as good as or better than" Kane in the striker role, but Im yet to see anyone name a line up with Chadli in front of Kane.

Hmmm, why would that be? Is it because they are wingers and it would be ridiculous?

Exactly. Not many could bring themselves to slate Poch for dropping Kane deep to play Soldado furthest forward last season.....but now we have Son, considered by some as a striker, and no one wants to see him up top, despite Kanes brilliant deep role against Stoke.

Someone even said that Chadli would be "as good as or better than" Kane in the striker role, but Im yet to see anyone name a line up with Chadli in front of Kane.

Hmmm, why would that be? Is it because they are wingers and it would be ridiculous?
Am I the only one that actually feels like vomitting everytime this guy makes a post? Seriously the whiniest most boring man I have ever had the misfortune to encounter

2989404_orig.jpg

It could be that or it could just be people would rather see our best striker playing as a striker.

It could be that or it could just be people would rather see our best striker playing as a striker.

And like I said, where were those people last season when Poch played Soldado in front of Kane?

Nowhere to be seen. You will however, find posts from myself criticising the poor tactical decision of the manager who played a 442 with the strikers the wrong way around. The hold up man who cant score for shit up top with the goal machine behind him.

But there was silence en masse, and a "lack of options" and "not good enough squad" was cited. Despite the fact we had 3 strikers.

Now we have one but people are claiming its ok because Chadli, Lamela, Njie and Son are adequate strikers. So if these people thought it was ok for Soldado to play in front of Kane, why not another player they consider to be striker?

I think we all know its because Son is a winger, dont you..

If a player is known as being good in one position then it's absolutely impossible to use them elsewhere..I mean take Gareth Bale, he was a LB and that's where he should have stayed no?

So using Mr Clueless's logic, Son is known as a winger so he must stay there..

Which is why Simmo is questioning the fact no one has named Son as a striker in their line ups.

Oh look, everyone has him on the wing. Wonder why that is.

Because Harry kane is playing striker because he is our best striker and will be no1 choice but when he''s not available or rested (possibly thursday)then you will people putting Son as a striker in their line ups.

Back
Top Bottom