Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't much like him as a winger--just not enough of a goal scoring threat. But I like him a lot more as an attacking midfielder, where his movement creates havoc and opens up passing lanes. You can never doubt his passion and energy.

Lamela as a CAM makes more sense than as a winger, because he's typically not that fast. But he has good movement and can be fluid in the front 4, which is what we had in the good Poch era.

I don't mind Lucas and Stevie pushing each other. The real change today was replacing Sissoko or winks with an attacking midfielder who's creative. Jose finally thought we can get away with it. Let's hope it wasn't just because we're playing West brom. We desparately need creativity outside of Kane and Ndomebele to challenge for anything.

our MOTM tonight. just praying he has a bit of mileage in him before he breaks down and hopefully by then GLC is back.

his work rate is always faultless but he actually showed really good quality tonight on the ball too! lovely little back heel to kane late on that should of put us ahead.

I'd be playing this

Bergwijn Lamela Son
Kane

Lamela looked really good in those 'half spaces' and he was playing some really nice passes.

Think Moura was the weak link yesterday so would rather play Stevie.

I bloody loved him yesterday. When he's on form he's so much fun to watch. I know he's spent a lot of time injured so maybe finding someone more durable is a potential goal of ours but I would miss him.

Cost us a goal here by not playing in Son. Off to the bench you go, mate.

zNI16eZ.jpg

Our best option at RW right now.

Doing very well along with Lucas.

I expect we see Sissoko in for Lucas and Ndombele pushed up to CAM for City though.

The haters can go suck a fat one.
There are good aspects to his game and there are some bad ones too. He’s not all good by any means.

He does not see passing lanes and is always too late to release the ball - and considering we’re trying to take advantage of a handful of counter attacks, that’s a big flaw.

Back
Top Bottom