Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs to admit he fucked up once again, get rid of Nuno and do everything in his power to get Conte on board. Conte is currently still available With no club. A complete shambles how he was not given this opportunity and Nuno was the guy.

Conte wouldn’t have worked. We’d have gotten a few games in and he would have had a meltdown working within this club then pulled his pants down and took a shit on Levy’s desk before storming out. Only managers that where viable long term growth appointments where Ten Hag and Potter.

Enough clowns 🤡 at the Club now for company
Plenty of jokers etc
At least it might be fun... not sure when we will be having fun again... Mason was fun for a few weeks, even though he wasn't ready and it was a bit unfair to drop him in it like they did.

Loved Poch's football. Didn't love Mouball... Masonball wasn't bad at all!! And things are a bit tricky at the moment...

At least it might be fun... not sure when we will be having fun again... Mason was fun for a few weeks, even though he wasn't ready and it was a bit unfair to drop him in it like they did.

Loved Poch's football. Didn't love Mouball... Masonball wasn't bad at all!! And things are a bit tricky at the moment...
A far cry from this

Was behind the open end at that shitty ground

I'm sure he loved every minute of it. Won some games and had a taster go in the hot-seat.

What was unfair was a) Kane dropping a media-bomb on his supposed best mate during the process and b) The amount of 'supporters' that gave him a world of shit and saddled him with the expectations and baggage of a veteran as if he was anything other than a short-term caretaker.

Is this some sort of sick joke? I couldn’t think of a worse choice, other than

i still think we’ve got a decent 11 and he’s slowly weening out the horrors. The hapless PEH, DELE, Lucas, Sanchez and Dier will be cast aside and we will stumble to a few wins.

Don’t get me wrong, I want him out now but I think Levy will ride this out another six to eight weeks before chucking him off the building

Really?
Here's our 25 man squad

Lloris - won't rate keeper for now
Doherty - 1/10
Reguilon 3/10
Romero - Can't get a game, still managed 2 or 3 yellows already
PEH - 3/10 and knackered
Sanchez - 1/10
Son - 6/10 average - 8/10 on a day when there's a team to play with
Winks - 0/10
Kane - Not a Spurs player anymore
Gil - no one fucking knows
Royal - Prince Andrew Royal
Rodon - tall. 3/10
Dier 1/10
Lo Celso - 4/10 complete enigma.
Sess- Forgot he existed
Dele - 2/10
Golini - Hart/Gazza/Vorm level backup
Bergwjin - 2/10
Tanganga 3/10 for effort
Moura 2/10 - another few months post Ajax and it'll be a 1/10
Ndombele 0
Skipp - stop relying on a kid
Davies 0/10
Clarke 0/10

Where's the 11?
That is a bottom 6 squad

Really?
Here's our 25 man squad

Doherty - 1/10
Reguilon 3/10
PEH - 3/10 and knackered
Sanchez - 1/10
Winks - 0/10
Rodon - tall. 3/10
Dier 1/10
Sess- Forgot he existed
Dele - 2/10
Bergwjin - 2/10
Tanganga 3/10 for effort
Ndombele 0
Davies 0/10
Clarke 0/10

Where's the 11?
That is a bottom 6 squad

What an absolute load of toss! I won't break the absurdity of the whole list of comments down, but this is entirely symbolic:

"Royal - Prince Andrew Royal"

You sound like a school child trying to be edgy.

I'm sure he loved every minute of it. Won some games and had a taster go in the hot-seat.

What was unfair was a) Kane dropping a media-bomb on his supposed best mate during the process and b) The amount of 'supporters' that gave him a world of shit and saddled him with the expectations and baggage of a veteran as if he was anything other than a short-term caretaker.
Too right. I think he showed real guts doing what he did. 29 years old. Taking over from one of the celebrated managers in history who'd failed with the squad, with all the politics darkening the clouds further, and then going on and winning a few games. That's someone we should be grateful to.

Really?
Here's our 25 man squad

Doherty - 1/10
Reguilon 3/10
PEH - 3/10 and knackered
Sanchez - 1/10
Winks - 0/10
Rodon - tall. 3/10
Dier 1/10
Sess- Forgot he existed
Dele - 2/10
Bergwjin - 2/10
Tanganga 3/10 for effort
Ndombele 0
Davies 0/10
Clarke 0/10

Where's the 11?
That is a bottom 6 squad
The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

I think we have a decent 7-8:

Lloris, Tanganga, Romero, Reguilon, PEH/Skipp, GLC, Kane, Son

Missing a CB, AM, RW in the starting 11 and that is with me being kind including Tanganga at RB which is far from ideal and GLC in the MF as I think we don't play him in the right role. PEH and Skipp should not play in the same MF together unless for injuries, later in games when we are up or the occassional City/Chelsea game when we are parking the bus.

Did you even read the other article you posted?

Tony says it wasn't about money.

So which is it? Are you calling Conte a liar now?

(......I still don't believe that we could have afforded to sustain his trf kitty desires, but you're the one posting the articles.)
Salary and money are 2 different things and you know exactly that that lack of ambition was.

Correct.
19/20
In (euros)
Lukaku 65m (sold for excess of 100m euros)
Lazaro 22m
Politano 20m
Radu 12m
Eriksen 20m
Few smaller signings

Out
Icardi 50m
Barbosa 17m
Few others coming to further 35m ish

Went from 4th to 2nd

20/21

In
Hakimi 40m (sold for more)
Barella 25m
Sebsu 20n
Few smaller signings

Out 26ish million worth

Went from 2nd to 1st

Not sure why people think Conte spent Inter into trouble. He spent what now looks like sensible money on players that won them the title for the first time in a decade on players who have made them a profit since.

Thanks, so 100M Euro over 2 seasons, isn't exactly Man City/Chelsea/PSG levels as most would have people believe.

I put this report through Google Translate'

''l Tottenham è al lavoro per Antonio Conte. Avviati i contatti tra le parti. Si cerca un’intesa che potrebbe anche arrivare nelle prossime ore. Spurs pronti alla svolta. Espirito Santo traballa. Sono ore calde. E Paratici punta forte su Conte''

''Tottenham is hard at work for Antonio Conte. Contacts between the parties have begun. An agreement is sought that could also arrive in the next few hours. Spurs ready for the turning point. Espirito Santo wobbles. These are hot hours. And Paratici is betting strongly on Conte''

Back
Top Bottom