Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus, 70k a week is almost criminal.

And that shit right there - the post not the poster - is why this game is in trouble.
That someone who earns £70k a week for kicking a fucking ball about (100x what a skilled worker gets, 25x what the Prime Minister gets, etc etc) considers themselves underpaid - and sane people actually agree with him. It’s madness.
Don’t bother coming back to me with the economics of the business, I know all that stuff.
It’s just not right. Rant over.

I wouldn't be completely sure that he's off.

He says that it needs to be a step up, which in his own words leaves very few clubs because of Tottenham's recent development. He specifically mentions Madrid as a step up, but says that they haven't "called Spurs" to the best of his knowledge.

He also says that if the "step up" isn't gonna happen, he's happy to stay and will sign a new contract.

Obviously it seems like he's off, but I'd say only if Real or Barca are in for him. Otherwise he'll stay.

Saying he wants to leave and will only sign a new contract if he can’t find something better is a bad bad look.

My thoughts on Eriksen

I know he has been dreaming of Spanish football, since he was a kid. Well spanish football is for a very technical playing with little physic the place to be. So to play in real or barca, is a dream of his. He does not give anything for money. Its his dream thats important. He is a very loyal player, but levy has made mistakes, i am absolutely sure Eriksen would have sighed a new deal long ago, if they would have given him a clause where he could go to barca or real before time. levy too much of a hard ball, which is now giving us problems, since Tottenham would be in a bad place without Eriksen. I have watched almost every game since CE arrived at tottenham, have always lived tottenham since ardilles times. In my opinion his is Tottenhams most important player, but have been so used to him playing almost every game that its sometimes difficult to see the problem without him, some on this sight can see it, the clue or what make us tick, or the rytme of the team. People always talk about Kane, sure he is a world class striker, as Tottenhams best player and the one we cannot do without. Nonsense , last season a proof of that. Actually had a higher point ratio per game without Kane. Kane is great but for you englishman he is god of course(how it should be) but its Eriksen in my opinion. He is one og the intelligent football players in the world, and he is most of the time involved in most of tottenhams offence, with the 3 or 4 th last pass or a run that give space for others or quick passing that opens up for others. It the first time since his time in England last week where he got what he deserved what he has been doing for years, but very few has praised it as last week, where it was so obvious that even the blind could see, but friends, he has been doing this weekend after weekend for the last at least 4 seasons, weekend after weekend, being the player that has run the most, assisted the most a the most in PL in almost all offensive statictics. And he has been so underrated most of his time in England, and he has ever changed his game to be more egoistic, or made problems of any kind, and had focus on whats best for the team and Tottenham all this time. And then he express his dream of going 2 Spain, but actually says that he is happy in Tottenham, but his childhood dreams is barca or real, and then hell is loose. Some of the fans can see it but most of u have been disrespectful after all he has done, and in the last couple if seasons to a wage that some players in much smaller clubs in england gets a week. U should be ashamed of uself. I hope he stays in Tottenham even though many of the fans don't deserve it. I think if he stays that Tottenham could win something this year( without him i don't think we can) Real will be shit this season i think and barca apparently don't what him, even though this is were is see his style of play fits the most. England i know he will not play other places than Tottenham(thats the kind of man he is, and thats rare for a none english.) Im a little unsure if he might be tempted for juventus.(not sure), but i think he will stay in here this season. (if real does not make a late move), and then he will write a contract with a clause of leaving for top 2 spain, so tottenham will make money. Did the same in Ajax. Loyal thats his middle name and the reason for this post. A lot of u should be ashamed and very grateful if he stays. Now go kill Man C dear Tottenham
Mate, found this... I think you dropped it!
28080718-blue-return-key-on-keyboard.jpg

For the Love of God!!

Yawn!!! Is he still here?
Maybe the poor love can't afford the fare to Madrid, shall we set up a crowd funding page for him?
Bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored, bored beyond words with this. Can't wait until January when hopefully we can get rid.

This saga feels as if it's gone on as long as Brexit!
It goes against the grain for me to hate a player whilst wearing the shirt, although I have disliked a few, but I'm getting there with Eriksen. His legacy has been tainted. IMO.

Tottenham's Christian Eriksen: I'm no match for new Woolwich hero Mesut Ozil.. yet

He said of the 24-year-old: “I think Ozil has achieved a little bit more than me! I am a few years younger and still have to learn a lot but it is nice to be compared.

“Some players are booed in the first games and then are good.
“Hopefully the fans will not do that to me! But there will be mistakes. I am 21, but I hope I will make as few mistakes as possible.”
He then joked: “From what I have heard, it is not good to be compared with Woolwich players! :avbdamn:
But really, it is pretty cool to be compared with such big players.”

Eriksen has also revealed he signed for the White Hart Lane club after chairman Daniel Levy wrapped up negotiations within days. He explained that Liverpool never followed up their initial interest in him and insisted it was “the big men” - Levy and Technical Director Franco Baldini - who showed that Spurs meant business.

Eriksen said:
“I talked a little bit with the manager but I had more to do with the chairman and the director Baldini. They were they guys who really had the right words.
“It really impressed me that they wanted it so badly and wanted to do it so quickly.
“The first contact was with my agent and they talked and discussed all the things they normally do.
“Then afterwards my agent talked to me and I said, ‘Go on, I really want to hear what they have got to say’.
“The day after he was [in London] to look and see everything and talk with the big men, then the day after, they went to Amsterdam to negotiate with Ajax. The next day, Monday, I was here for a medical. It went really quick. Just four days. It just felt right. When I talked to my agent, it just felt right. The things they said. When it got to looking around it just felt even more right and it was pretty easy for me to say yes.”

Asked whether he was ever close to a move to Liverpool, Eriksen added: “No. That was just rumours. There was nothing really concrete.”
:eriksenlol:

Spurs sit second in the Premier League table behind neighbours Woolwich.
But Eriksen is already well aware of the bitter rivalry between the two teams and the need to finish on top.
He said: “We will have to turn that around for a start. I also come from a club where the rivalry was very big, with Feyenoord. I wasn’t there when they Spurs] played Woolwich two weeks ago but I am excited about the home game.”

The weekend win means Tottenham have taken nine points from 12 available.
Asked to assess their title chances, Eriksen went on: “Really good. It looks really good. It is different.
“We are in a new squad and still have to learn about everything and everybody, but like I said before, we have had a good beginning and it is pretty easy to play with such good players.”

i honestly did not think i would see a midfielder anywhere close to the level modric was at spurs for some time yet. it could be argued Eriksen will be remembered as the better of the 2 already.
I don't agree with that. Modric never got all of the praise that he deserved because he didn't score or assist much. Eriksen gets a ton because he does do that. They're different types of players and both very good. But it would be hard to find a midfielder better than Modric at doing his job in the world. Eriksen still has a ways to go.

That is the type of player Eriksen is. If he wasn't a grafter he wouldn't be in then team. I doubt Pochettino would pick him, regardless of how good he was.
He doesn't throw himself into tackles, he's not that kind of player. He positions himself well when we defend. Just look when he plays he is always aware of where he is and who is around him. He is one of those players who knows what he's going to do before he gets it. A chess player on the football pitch.
He will stay on his feet and try an nick it. Yes he does seem to bottle tackles, but then he's not injured that much. He's a very intelligent player. Even when he shoots he's trying to deceive the keeper with his action or he waits until the defender splits his legs, hits it through them and uses him as a shield.
He is quick thinking and usually the instigator when we hit on the break. Numerous times he has nicked the ball to start an attack.
He has had a dip in form, which is usual. However, his set piece delivery will pick up. He also needs a goal to provide some confidence.
Eriksen can be frustrating. His biggest weakness is not his tackling or lack of passion but his consistency.

I'm not blind to his faults. He frustrates many because he jumps out of challenges that the rest of our midfield would relish. His shooting recently has been poor (his goal at Stamford Bridge apart) and I'll readily admit that he's far from physically brave when it comes to the rough stuff. But mentally he has a lot of courage. He's always trying to do the difficult thing rather than play the safe, non-threatening pass. He's not afraid to fail, and that takes courage.

Literally, no one works harder for our team. Even when it's not going for him he's always available for a pass - he can be quiet - but he never hides, and I admire that.

A couple of weeks ago I had the incredible pleasure of meeting Eriksen in his home town in Denmark to help me create a video I've just released for the World Cup. The guy is such a legend. We already had the likes of Fernandinho / Bernardo Silva helping us out as they follow us on Instagram but being a Tottenham fan I really wanted Christian to be involved. When I reached out to him he put a ton of other commitments aside in such a busy time for him, and we met up in a little corner of Denmark.

He was such a good lad, down to earth and above all incredibly passionate about Spurs. He was so excited about playing in the World Cup, so I'm so happy it started so well for him today. All the best luck to him for the rest of the tournament - Denmark are my adopted second country for the next month!

Here's the final video we just launched if you want to see it -

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did making it!

Back
Top Bottom