Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking hell this is a peach of a story :eriksenlol: Roughly translated from a Danish newspaper:

Sky Sports reporter reveals beautiful gesture: Eriksen surprised on his flight home

"After the 5-1 victory in Ireland, Christian Eriksen was returning to London, where he has an important London derby in the weekend. On Wednesday morning he boarded a British Airways flight - on economy - and got a reception worthy of a footballing hero.

The other passengers spontaneously applauded him as he walked down the aisle, Sky Sports-host David Jones reveals to Ekstra Bladet.

"It was a regular, quiet morning flight from Dublin to Heathrow. It was mainly business people, tourists and a football fan or two. A good mixture of Irish, English and a handful of Danes.

The flight was almost packed and I was placed in the centre of it. Suddenly I hear applause coming from the front of the plane, and I see a very shy Christian Eriksen smiling from under his cap.

He just looked like a regular guy, no flashy clothes. You almost couldn't believe that he more or less singlehandedly had secured his team a place at the World Cup the night before.

His seat was in the back, and everyone was smiling and very respectful towards him as he walked passed them.

It was a wonderful moment. Absolute respect from everybody, recognizing that he had done something very special."

:love::love::love:

New poster - only signed up to clear a few things up.

Englishman living in Denmark.

Eriksen and his camp have stated several times (to Danish media)they have no interest in leaving for Manu.

Also, he is not interested in any other leagues than the Prem or La Liga, and has stated several times that the only team for him in the Prem is Tottenham.

The word in Denmark, after having interviwed a few insiders in Madrid, is that the club Madrid is mostly high on Eriksen, but Zidane is higher on Pogba.

The word in Denmark is also that utd had asked about him, and Eriksen gave a clear no.

Lastly, Eriksen has said he is perfectly fine staying with Tottenham.

Apparently he and Madrid had a spoken agreement they are not fulfilling, and Eriksen is loosing interest in Madrid as he does not want to be 2nd choice and is concidering signing a new contract with Spurs.

just put the cunt in the reserves and see who comes along in Jan. At the moment, no one is going to want this piece of shit in their team. Every game he plays another few million comes off his value.

He should never play for us again. That said, we will be far worse without a proper Erikson but, this shit Erikson isn't helping. He is gone. No longer think of him as a Spurs player.

Same for Poch. He is gone. Just going through the motions. Who blinks first - him of Levy.
He'll go for nothing, so he's not going to jeopardize a move by putting himself about and risking an injury.
Said it before, he should not even be allowed to train with the team.

I don't understand the negativity towards Eriksen. Ungrateful bunch of twats! Consistently our best player season after season and not drawing a huge wage (see Ozil for example).

I can't recall a single sustained period of injury. Yes, his form has dipped up and down at times but what player doesn't.

Clearly this year he has been burnt out. A new baby, a relentless training regime and the disappointment that the squad reached it's peak has impacted his form. He was honest enough to admit this and state that he fancied a change - Imagine 5 years with the same boss!

The club and coach neededto manage this situation better. Allow players time off - not just injured players. Imagine Eriksen had been given July through September off. Back to training in Oct; back in squad Nov.

New contract, time off in December. Come back refreshed in January and lead the charge for the Champions League!

Alternatively; go out and spend 100m and 300k a week on a sub-par replacement.

Lmao. I've not been injured in Eriksen's time at Spurs either, probably because we've made the same number of tackles.

5 years with the same boss? Doesn't seem to have bothered Kane or Son.

100m and 300k a week for a sub-par player? Well we've got Lo Celso for much cheaper.

Best player season after season? I'm not sure how you can say that when we've had one of the top strikers in the world during that time breaking all kinds of records.

Kane has also had a kid, as have many other squad members, they're not playing shit as a result.

He's not drawing a huge wage because he's rejected numerous contract offers from Spurs! That's his decision!

Biggest load of bollocks I've ever read.

I genuinely don't even think it's a case of him not performing at a high level due to the contract issue and probably just think if anything he's burned out or simply peaked. Alexis Sanchez style. It happens and the signs were there before last season.

BUT he has been excellent for us and he's more than paid for his transfer fee. Our absolute best player in AVBs last season/Sherwoods season. Brilliant in the Poch years and provided plenty of great moments from the last minute winners against shit to the goals against Chelsea, Madrid, United, City etc.

Good luck at your next club Christian.

I think he's spot on. Don't think there is anything contentious in there at all, it's all very factual.

Bollocks mate, he's playing the victim here and throwing the club under the bus.

At the end of the day, he was the one who mouthed off in the press about a move and the timing of it was completely unprofessional as well.

He was also the one giving half arsed performances because he didn't want to be here.

People keep sucking him off like he's this friendly loveable guy, like he deserves respect and is a Tottenham legend, he isn't, he's disrespectful and he has made it very evident he couldn't give a fuck less about the fans that supported him either with his half arsed goodbye message that he drafted up in 5 mins whilst he was taking a shit on the toilet.

Even Modric gave his best during his last season, think people would have respected Eriksen a lot more if he had done the same, unfortunately once his head had gone that was it for him.

Unprofessional.

tumblr_nn480oYLSW1u9ikt0o4_250.gif

4:20 Eriksen

Back
Top Bottom