Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The gap between the top 5 (I can't include United in a top 6 currently) and the rest of the league is getting bigger and bigger. Us, the chavs and Woolwich will win the majority of games against the lesser sides. The critical games are the ones such as today. I still expect Woolwich to take a maximum of 4 points out of 24 from playing us, City, Liverpool and the chavs.

The gap between the top 5 (I can't include United in a top 6 currently) and the rest of the league is getting bigger and bigger. Us, the chavs and Woolwich will win the majority of games against the lesser sides. The critical games are the ones such as today. I still expect Woolwich to take a maximum of 4 points out of 24 from playing us, City, Liverpool and the chavs.
I hope you’re right - our problem in the past hasn’t always been form in the ‘top of the table’ clashes, it’s just that a loss in one of those feels a lot worse and more significant. Our problem has been dropping stupid points to teams we should be beating. Last season we took one point off Southampton and six off the champions.

I must admit they looked decent against Lester. Their press breaking from the back with fast interchange passing was impressive. Equally their pressing from the front was also impressive.

When we play them if we play the slow ball across the back 3 that we did most of last season we will be in trouble. Hopefully Conte has used the off-season to train anti-pressing tactics. Midfield dropping back to present passing options out from the back and then fast ball into our forwards where the press has left the back 4 of Woolwich short of cover.

It's nothing more than 'copium' to say they're shit.

They're obviously not. They finished 3 points behind us in Arteta's first season two years ago, they finished 1 point behind us a year ago and then this year they finished 2 points behind us. The gap isn't as much as some people would have you believe.

Now of course, Arteta has been in charge whilst we've had the likes of Mourinho, Mason and Nuno and still not managed to overtake us but they've spent a lot of money now, have a well balanced squad, actually show patterns of play and a young team that can only improve. Palace and Leicester aren't particularly 'hard' games to start a season with and their fixtures only get easier for the next few weeks, but I'm not particularly worried too much.

Conte is a much better manager, I feel we have a much better squad and I can't help but feel we're a harder team to beat in general. I know it's a bit cliché but we'll see what happens when they lose a game. That's when see how a coach and a team can react. When they lost to Palace last season, their was doubt and they then went on to lose to Brighton and Southampton...

I wouldn't be surprised if they finished 5th and I would be particularly amazed if they finished in the top 4.

I'm really not going to enjoy these first 7 games of theirs.

Bournemouth, Fulham, Villa, the joke that is Man U and Brentford before they finally come up against us at the Library.

There's every chance they could be on 21 points

In that time we'll have played Chelsea away, Man City away and West Ham.

I just can't stand the thought of the inevitable "Are Woolwich the Real Deal" and "Is there a power shift in North London"

Just on the basis of a piss easy first 7 games for them.

This is exactly what I mean, we just need to ignore it because we know it is coming. We play all the top 7 last season away from home before the world cup. Getting some draws and the odd win in those games and we will be in a great position for after Christmas. That's what we need to focus on and not the noise from that lot. We all know what they are like.

Sad thing is,they genuinely believe that.
That div Troops believes he personally made Woolwich relevant again...
No self awareness, self importance like no other etc etc
Beyond belief.
They hounded out their best ever manager, who got the top four almost every season even when he was past his best. And now pat themselves on the back because they have finally got back to...the Europa League?

A strange bunch indeed. Cunts.

I tried to watch some of that Amazon thing ( hoping to see capitulation) , lasted 10 mins . Lego head is as inspiring as 14 hour boiled cabbage & the amount of high fives & hugs was vomit inducing

I went round to my old boss's house today for a barbecue. Although he is a Spurs supporter, he lives in the wrong part of North London and I had to run the gauntlet of seeing loads of their fans on the way.
I had my Spurs backpack and I really wanted someone to make a remark, as I had my retorts ready:
"Enjoy your Thursday night football"
"Rapists FC"
"Flip off back to Woolwich, North London is ours "
You would have everyone’s forgiveness and absolution if you beefed up the ” Flip Off”
a tad

Good team but I'm still not worried about them.
They will be better than last year, but mentally I think they are still fragile and their depth is terrible. Their narrative now is that for as great as we supposedly were, we only beat them by 1 point So they are right in the same caliber as us. They forget the sheer amount of super dodgy wins and draws they accumulated last year. They were picking up points but there was nothing convincing about them at all.

If palace had defended that corner properly and finished a couple of easy chances they lose that first game. The only concern I have with them is building confidence because they have a lot of easy fixtures. Shame the palace game didnt come a few more matches in as they didn’t get a proper preseason.
Somehow Woolwich seem to get a favorable schedule every year. Its almost like they need some kind of grand conspiracy to help them remain relevant.

They will be better than last year, but mentally I think they are still fragile and their depth is terrible. Their narrative now is that for as great as we supposedly were, we only beat them by 1 point So they are right in the same caliber as us. They forget the sheer amount of super dodgy wins and draws they accumulated last year. They were picking up points but there was nothing convincing about them at all.
Also forgetting that Conte caught up 10 pts on Legohead

And they're playing El Thursday Nightio this season so can sack off all those Sunday pts

Also forgetting that Conte caught up 10 pts on Legohead

And they're playing El Thursday Nightio this season so can sack off all those Sunday pts

world cup dancing GIF by Digg

Back
Top Bottom