Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spence will start the season as backup to Doherty I would imagine. Late game appearances and some cup games until he's settled. Maybe a league match against a bottom table side or newly relegated side we will probably play in August.

I would not be surprised if he ends the season with 25-30 appearances though. Doc ending with around 35.
Doherty as a starter is very meh.

I don't know if I can take another signing.........

Too much, too much, too much for my brain to handle
Get Out Of Your Own Way Mind Blown GIF by Aurora Consulting - SBA EIDL Experts

Tall, good touch, nice wheels and carries the ball well. Exciting signing

Very different style player to Royal and Doherty
Aggression power genuine pace and physicality. What I love his how unafraid he is to take a hit. He can put his foot on the ball and manipulate can cross and pass. If he is mentally open Conte will turn him in to something special. Looks like too much swagger for Southgate needs to find himself a Welsh relative.

FXtCqvmVUAIMVKY
Conte & Paratici look slightly confused....
is there a chance they think they're talking to Djed Spence, and not ADj Tracey!?

Last edited:
Considering there's 8 billion people in this world a lot of people look like a lot of other people....
Especially when you consider trends and fashions that people follow making them seem even more alike.

Tbh, I was having a dig at you. It's a situation that's troubled me for a long time. How can someone not be able to observe two people from a minority race look alike.

Anecdotally, my dad's a bit racist. He doesn't dislike black people or anything horrible, but he says stupid things all the time that you'd expect from a 76 year old. Bugs me a lot. Always tell him its not right saying this and that.
He's also pretty poor sited. He once told me he really likes Wesley Snipes as he always plays such varied characters in films.
I had to tell him he was watching a Denzel Washington film.

Your dad has had to tolerate your bullshit for most of his life, so now it's your turn. If you make it to 76, your social values and cultural norms will be considered stupid and outdated too. Enjoy him whilst you've got him.

Apparently, around 160,000 people die each day on planet earth. I wonder how many have died between DJed signing and DJed being announced. Must be over a million now.

Sorry it’s hot…

:mourweird:

Conte:

"I was very clear at the start when I said this signing is a really good prospect, he’s a young player. This signing, the club wanted to invest in this player," explained the Italian ahead of the Nottingham Forest encounter. "The difference is clear. To play in the Championship with Nottingham Forest and then with Tottenham, he needs time to adapt himself in many aspects, in the physical aspect and the tactical aspect because now he is working with another coach.”

"I’m seeing a lot of desire, a lot of will, from this player to try to reduce this gap and to be ready. With a young player, it’s important to have patience, to work and then to improve. I’m sure Djed for the future will be an important player for Tottenham."

Really think he’s going to be the best suited for the RWB position once he’s had time to be coached on Conte’s system. So enterprising going forward, incredible pace.

Conte trying to send a crystal clear message to baldy to stay, completely, out of procurement for HIS system.

Don't even dip your toes in.

I can see why he's doing it, but he's cutting off his nose to spite his face, here.

Spence's attacking speed and aggression is exactly what we've lacked on that side.

The Don has made his point; now needs to start to give this kid some minutes, before his confidence evaporates.

Back
Top Bottom