Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You just gotta trust him but when Royal does stupid stuff like getting sent off needlessly then it's hard to 🤷‍♀️

Full quote on Spence below. Damned with faint praise I fear.

Conte on Djed Spence​

The fans have to be fans. The fans is the fans, I understand they can think everything but I see every day what happens during the training session. I try to do the best for the team. If they trust me, then they trust me, but the choices are mine. If I didn't decide to pick one player it's maybe because he's not ready.

We are talking about a young player with a good prospect, but I repeat I try to pick the best team. Also Doherty last season played every game. Now I’m not seeing him in the right way to start the game. I'm not stupid, I don't want to lose. I try to put the best team, to pick the best team. If they trust me it's ok, if they don't trust me then I'm the coach and I need to take the best decision for Tottenham.

Loads of fans wanted Joe Rodon to play yet three managers didn’t fancy him. They see more of the players than we do. Sometimes you just have to trust them.

Fair enough but it’s frustrating buying players then not giving them game time

I have not posted because I was actually at that shit show. I've been waiting till my rage abated. It could be weeks so here I am. I'm not going to lie to you lads, the last 23 mins of that game will stay with me for a long time. In a word I felt one thing. HUMILIATION.

It was in some ways worse than the Nuno game there because that was emblematic of a man out of his depth. Saturday was worse because even if the plan our manager wanted to execute had worked....it was frankly cowardly.

I'm sure we will be fine and everything but I'm already at the point of do the ends justify the means? Keith Burkinshaw Martin Jol, Harry Redknapp, Pochettino. The idea of DNA maybe bull shit but these men made me love my club. I'm not sure I can just sacrifice that . Goodnight all.

we wasted 15 mill on djed no offence to him but conte very much clearly never wanted him. we have to hope we get a rwb this jan or this season will be a long one with emerson starting almost every game

Re: both Doh & DJ'ed - "Not ready" doesn't mean never will be ready.

we wasted 15 mill on djed no offence to him but conte very much clearly never wanted him. we have to hope we get a rwb this jan or this season will be a long one with emerson starting almost every game
Whilst I agree Djed not being his signing - surely a manager of Conte’s calibre can swallow his pride and see the alternative Emerson is a worthless shitter and possibly a gooner agent via Wenger?

He absolutely has to play now

I moaned all summer about our right side being neglected in the transfer market but was told we’d be fine and couldn’t find anyone to improve it.

Full quote on Spence below. Damned with faint praise I fear.

Conte on Djed Spence​

The fans have to be fans. The fans is the fans, I understand they can think everything but I see every day what happens during the training session. I try to do the best for the team. If they trust me, then they trust me, but the choices are mine. If I didn't decide to pick one player it's maybe because he's not ready.

We are talking about a young player with a good prospect, but I repeat I try to pick the best team. Also Doherty last season played every game. Now I’m not seeing him in the right way to start the game. I'm not stupid, I don't want to lose. I try to put the best team, to pick the best team. If they trust me it's ok, if they don't trust me then I'm the coach and I need to take the best decision for Tottenham.

He just told everyone to shut the fuck up and let me work, how dare you question a winner like me, he sounds royally pissed off (excuse the pun) :D

An absolute shambles we still go into the season with Doherty and Royal as our RWB’s. Both not good enough. Spence won’t be playing anytime soon judging by Conte’s comments. Really pissed off about it actually.

Back
Top Bottom