Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah - make him train separately (on his own) and make him stay for every single minute he’s legally obliged to. Don’t stick him in a single match day squad.
i wouldnt even want him around the training facilities. let him keep fit himself elsewhere. hes not wanted and not taking the hint.

if hes loitering around the facilities and the squad see him its a shit vibe. keep him away and out of everyones thoughts.

When they were in the team together or ever ever?

Early Poch Dier was better than Sanchez has ever been. Dier is just miles more technically proficient in possession.

Until Dier became Mr. Retreat he was a good player.
As a CB post 2019 they were both mediocre to flat out bad, Dier just had the leadership gimmick protecting him. 15-17 Dier the mobile DM was a good player and yet Poch still saw fit to bring in Wanyama at Dier’s supposed peak. That says it all.

Nearly 300 games for the club, an important player in the best team we have had since at least the early 1980s, the disrespect put on his name is fucking outrageous.
Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

its funny how he goes around kicking the shit out of teammates in training but backs off against actual opposition on match day.

my god i bet they cant stand him. imagine having that as a teammate? injures you in training but backs off against opposition on matchday resulting in goals!! must be lovely. he should of been out the door years ago. never been good enough anyway. when you dont flush a turd it ends up stinking the whole gaff out, this is exactly what dier has been! an unflushed turd!
Well, the fans hate him now.

And I very much doubt he will be a player of anything significant in teh future. Just another random lower league player.

Tbh I think this says more about ND than ED......Eric's purple patch was brief and long since gone, he initially blossomed when the Chav boss converted him to a DM and quoted a value of circa £50m. We haven't really seen that player since the bulldozers rolled in to knock down the old Lane, I distinctly remember the brainfart moments starting when we played at Wembley (re Liverpool etc) and the deterioration progressed to his current value of circa £50.

Found this bit of news from the history books of Ange.

Apparently, he ended the career of the Socceroos captain before the World Cup and it has shades of Dier (delusions of grandeur etc.)

I imagine it's now up to Levy to negotiate Dier's exit from the club.

Danny Rose had more of a case because at least the defence Jose was picking without him was still leaky, and he was right to point that out. Mourinho could barely look him in the eye because he knew Rose was speaking the truth.

I’d love Ange to read out to Dier the following:

We’ve had 2 clean sheets and conceded 5 in 5 this season.

The last time Dier started and we kept a clean sheet was February 26th (2-0 vs Chelsea).

His last 8 starts we conceded 21 goals.

All whilst him being the so-called “leader” of the back line.

If he can’t accept this, then he is a truly delusional individual devoid of any form of self awareness and self reflection.

I think the fact that Dier last 8 starts we conceded 21 goals is enough proof in the pudding why this shocking excuse of a defender has been frozen out. Ange could see it clearly v Barcelona pre season. I don’t want Dier anywhere near this team. He’s a liability.

Just to compound the 21/8 stat - that was in a back 3 plus defending wings backs plus a style suited to sitting back.

Imagine this utter fraud backing off in a team that' under orders to attack in numbers

Last edited:
Being able to speak other languages doesn't mean he's especially bright.
It takes no more intelligence to learn another language than learning to cook or be a mechanic. There's mechanics out there than can build an engine without instructions, but can't spell engine.
I heard his spalling is appealing!

The fact he already has businesses set up tells me he's looking at life beyond football...
I still think he'll go into coaching, but it sounds like he is pursuing other avenues once he hangs up his boots...
Despite what some think about his footballing 'abilities' he's a bright lad, and probably has a plan set in place that doesn't involve football...
If the next 6 month's wages pay for his immediate future without him having to kick a ball, then why not?
After all, he didn't make him the offer .... Levy did presumably!
So your saying he does know he’s not good enough and will now hang around to rinse out his contract maximise his earnings and bolster his business start ups

oh the romance of football. As a spurs fan that’s just what I want to hear

Back
Top Bottom