Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blimey, you really despise him, doncha??

He was a really good player for us for SEVERAL YEARS... Maybe not the best we've ever had, obviously, and not for an entire decade, granted....
...but he was part of that Poch team that gave me -at least - some of the most memorable moments in my modern Spurs supporting life...

A damn sight better than the shit we were being served up in the mid-'90s, that's for sure!

I'm not saying he's an all time legend, but fucking hell, give the guy a break for the few seasons he DID serve us well!!

...and let's not forget his friendship with Dele probably brought out the best in both of them...

Neither were quite the same player once Dele left... that can't be underestimated....

His form dipped... That's football... doesn't make me suddenly hate the guy!

Ndombele on the other hand ALSO scored on his debut (as did Dier) but that was pretty much as good as it got with him!

They're two very different people.... and given the choice, I know who I'd prefer in the team!
You're exhibiting double standards because he seems like a nice guy.

If Ndombele did exactly what Dier did and refused a move i would say EXCATLY the same thing. It's not an excuse that he is a 'nice guy' or that he has his future plans set out.

Not saying it's RIGHT... But Dier didn't draft his contract, Levy (or those around him) did ....

Dier either needs to move clubs for FOOTBALLING reasons....
....or stay put and look after his family, 'cos of the ridiculously ludicrous contract Levy put in front of him a few years ago!

Who would deny him either option?
And to think some dumbos here were getting excited about Dier being given another contract last season.

It’s possible. I’d not know as I’m not on other forums. And if that were the case, I’d probably decide to retire and not play for anyone.

And I suppose everyone is entitled to their views. I just think it’s a fucking disgrace how some are talking about one of our own players.
Agreed. Sadly I think that’s the reality of today. Respect and closeness between players, management and fans is at an all time low.

The funny thing is, Lloris, PEH, Dier & Richie are probably our weakest (or worst for want of a better word) 1st team squad players right now... and will no doubt feature less and less - if at all - as the season goes on...

...yet all 4 would walk into most mid/lower PL teams!

That's saying SOMETHING isn't it?

Measured and fair. Has been good at times in the past. Not good enough anymore. Should probably leave, but still under contract. Seems like he wants to improve and be part of things again.

Not a cunt. Not a parasite. Just a guy who is struggling to come to terms with not being number one on the team sheet.
if you believe that then you'll believe anything.

Just not good enough for what we need right now. Like Lloris isn't and Winks wasn't.

I don't get folk dismissing footballers who come in and have barely had more than a few weeks let a
alone a season to settle in, but players who've been here a long time, at a club that has not lifted a trophy in many years, are in a different position.

I don't personally 'hate' any player but I do want to see players moved on when they're not working for us , whether that's because of physical (or mental) limitations on their part or because they don't fit the new system.

I have no issue with a player being called out for being below a standard we want to be. But fans demand loyalty from players and managers when we are below the standard they want to be.

It’s a double edged sword.

Reality is people go well over the top sometimes in how they react / describe players. Freedom of speech and all that.

A £4m player. That’s what he cost us and in reality maybe that’s what he is now.

Eric is an excellent footballer. As soon as he became fit again Ange put him back in the squad and sold Sanchez.
Obviously he has not got a long term future at THFC so it depends how he views the situation.

Couldn't disagree more. His ability to frantically wave his hands about is without equal.

In all seriousness, I never want to see his brand of 'defending' ever again and, fingers crossed, we won't have to.
ive actually never seen a player look to pass the blame on to someone else as much as dier. he thinks hes mastered it, probably does fool a few idiots.

Can’t believe some on here still think his any good!
Would he get on the end of crosses to head the ball out or go to close down players before they can either pass or shoot! Answer to both is a big fat NO! Also has no pace. Needs to go.

Can’t believe some on here still think his any good!
Would he get on the end of crosses to head the ball out or go to close down players before they can either pass or shoot! Answer to both is a big fat NO! Also has no pace. Needs to go.
He was never a centre back. He did a job there next to Jan and Toby but was always a midfielder filling in a gap.

It is not yes or no. That shows a complete lack of sense.
It is impossible to say because how do you know what would have happened if Eric had played?
You and boy wonder are only guessing.
So as usual you are talking nonsense and the poodle agrees with you.
Last season, with Eric in the side we were 5-2-0.
This season we were also 5-2-0.
Eric is an excellent squad player who will be leaving at the end of the season, if not before, after playing hundreds of great games for THFC and England.
And that really is my lot.
WTaF are you yapping on about 5-2-0 ??

Dier is shit.
Spurs are worse when he plays.
You're a fucking troll.

Absolute garbage post. Negative AND directed at player who still gave best years of his career to Spurs.
Sure, I am happy that our CB partnership is VDV and Romero. No question in my mind, that they both are better defenders and better fit for our side.

But from all the positive changes, biggest one being improvement in the team spirit... to call out "freezing Dier out is single best move he made" is just petty and pathetic.
To me decisions of bringing
- Bissouma into starting XI;
- bringing Sarr to starting XI;
- ditching 5-2-3 for way more balanced tactics;
- bringing Udogie in as undisputed starter from the day 1
- bringing Micky in as undisputed starter from the day 1

All far outweigh Dier decision. And guess what, all of them are positive and not abusive towards player that is still within Spurs ranks. I understand, new and unfamiliar concept towards some.
ALL of those decisions would fall on their arse if Dier was starting games. Dier is a passive pedestrian and no one else in our ideal best 11 is anything like a passive pedestrian.
No matter how well the rest play, we'd always be running up hill trying to recover from the dipshit mistakes that happen when your "senior" CB backs off and points, hoping he can distract the oppo player into giving him the ball for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom