Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like Toby’s bumper contract, perhaps Jose has seen something and is confident it will happen (like Kane’s return to form; Moura’s improvement - even Serge’s reduction in brain farts; Hugo’s Renaissance)...perhaps we should just trust the guy who seems to know what he’s doing?

Like Toby’s bumper contract, perhaps Jose has seen something and is confident it will happen (like Kane’s return to form; Moura’s improvement - even Serge’s reduction in brain farts; Hugo’s Renaissance)...perhaps we should just trust the guy who seems to know what he’s doing?
Jose is very faithful to those who he can rely on.
I'm amazed he hasn't tried to get some more Chelski or Man U players especially Matic

Well with Levy at the helm and (MAYBE) Europa football next season there's no way we're going to be paying for a world class CB. You're unfortunately right.
My hope is that Jose will quickly realise just how bad Dier is without us losing too many games in the process. Then Sanchez, Toby and Tanganga would be the main 3 centrebacks for us. And we sell Dier next summer to westham or other such club which is more his level.

My hope is that Jose will quickly realise just how bad Dier is without us losing too many games in the process. Then Sanchez, Toby and Tanganga would be the main 3 centrebacks for us. And we sell Dier next summer to westham or other such club which is more his level.
Not gonna happen. Jose thinks he's the second coming to Chiellini.

Andersen generally talks gibberish but on this he has a point though. Most of those Liverpool players you mention are reserves/sqaud players, the problem is most those Spurs players you list are regular first team starters. And even some of those Liverpool sqaud players would get in our first team most weeks ahead of them.

Do you really think it's just a coincidence that we are now a mid table team that are 35 points behind Liverpool now?

No.
Nononononono.

I am talking about future.

I am saying that we should keep those mentioned players as squad players and at the same time sign better players who would be starters.
Opposed to selling mentioned players and have super slim squad so that when some of the new starters would get injured then we would have to use some academy players in their place. Also having those guys around will allow us to roatate to some extent, so new players would not have to start 100% of the games.

Just like O'Sheas and Parks were used in ManU during Fergie time.

Difference is - those are all squad players who help out here and there (bar Henderson)_

In our case - all those are weekly starters making the first 11 bang average compared like for like to our Top 6 rivals. Table never lies - we've been mostly shit

Yes. Once more- I even specifically said in the post -

" It is obvious we need to bring in some new players that would be starters and mainstays in the team. But behind them, you need a group that would be professionals, do their job well and be available to be called upon when we need rotation / cover for starters for whatever reasons. "

I never said we should presist with all of those mentioned as starters but squad members. How did not this come out from the paragraph I repeated here?!

I work with his mother's bestie. She is going to see the family over the weekend,i informed her that he had signed a new deal and she gave me the same look she gives me whenever i mention any footballing news.It sort of says "why are you telling me this? I don't give a shit"...

Personally, I just hope this is to protect/increase his transfer value.
He's not a top class CB.
It's to avoid any chance of him walking away on a free, same as Toby.

Precedent has now been set, expect all our players to run down their contracts unless a crazy offer is put to them in the first place.

Levy doing a fine Ridsdale impression.

No.
Nononononono.

I am talking about future.

I am saying that we should keep those mentioned players as squad players and at the same time sign better players who would be starters.
Opposed to selling mentioned players and have super slim squad so that when some of the new starters would get injured then we would have to use some academy players in their place. Also having those guys around will allow us to roatate to some extent, so new players would not have to start 100% of the games.

Just like O'Sheas and Parks were used in ManU during Fergie time.

RomanzoCriminale RomanzoCriminale - I usually don't react to "disgaree"s but... what is here to disagree with.

Do you prefer situation where we would sell Foyth, let go Jan, sell Dier, maybe even sell Toby (though his recent performances have improved) and buy one top class CB and then go to new season with Sanchez, New CB and Tanganga? Because... we don't need players who are not superstars / guaranteed starters ?? :D

RomanzoCriminale RomanzoCriminale - I usually don't react to "disgaree"s but... what is here to disagree with.

Do you prefer situation where we would sell Foyth, let go Jan, sell Dier, maybe even sell Toby (though his recent performances have improved) and buy one top class CB and then go to new season with Sanchez, New CB and Tanganga? Because... we don't need players who are not superstars / guaranteed starters ?? :D

Sorry new mobile with the worst screen protector ever, leading to fat fingers. Removed

Back
Top Bottom