Famous / Notable Spurs Fans

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate defending the guy, but it's a special place that many cannot go to on a regular basis. I understand being overjoyed by your first trip.

"Like most Americans I started off supporting Man United, then I realised that everyone in America is Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Woolwich …that’s it. I always wanted to find something a little left of centre.

So I had a sous chef that was a big West Ham fan, so I started watching them …and immediately loved watching Carlton Cole and Demba Ba and Scott Parker…then did a little bit more research…

I am Jewish, my family moved from Leeds to London… people say how can you do Spurs and Irons? Well, I’m American and I don’t really care!"

Nah.

"Like most Americans I started off supporting Man United, then I realised that everyone in America is Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Woolwich …that’s it. I always wanted to find something a little left of centre.

So I had a sous chef that was a big West Ham fan, so I started watching them …and immediately loved watching Carlton Cole and Demba Ba and Scott Parker…then did a little bit more research…

I am Jewish, my family moved from Leeds to London… people say how can you do Spurs and Irons? Well, I’m American and I don’t really care!"

Nah.

Jesus, that guy really is an idiot.

Nah.
bc94f49d5ce7e6c2d66bbce8e959db573e33262cec77f80660803943c856219b.jpg

Nah.

How can anyone say they enjoyed watching Carlton Cole?
That's when the case for the defence falls apart.

Not new that Warburton is a Spurs fan - but did you know his dog is called Ledley? And Adele's dog is/was called Aaron - after Aaron Lennon not Aaron Sorkin.

There's obviously not a lot of love on TFC for Adam Richman, but in his defence I would point out that the Twitter page shown dates from 2012 - probably around the time that he was first getting into football. Since then I've heard him explain how he was initially attracted to Wet Spam but soon made the (understandable) transfer to Spurs and, as far as I'm aware, follows us exclusively. Also listened to several interviews he's given on Tottenham related podcasts and he clearly understands the game, tactics and, more importantly, has a great knowledge of THFC history. Just sayin'.

There's obviously not a lot of love on TFC for Adam Richman, but in his defence I would point out that the Twitter page shown dates from 2012 - probably around the time that he was first getting into football. Since then I've heard him explain how he was initially attracted to Wet Spam but soon made the (understandable) transfer to Spurs and, as far as I'm aware, follows us exclusively. Also listened to several interviews he's given on Tottenham related podcasts and he clearly understands the game, tactics and, more importantly, has a great knowledge of THFC history. Just sayin'.

You don't think his massive love for Man U, Spurs, West Ham and Leeds had anything to do with his TV show being broadcast in the UK? I'm afraid I do. The guy is a dick.

Last edited:
vZca0.gif

giphy.gif

I don't get the hate with Richman.

As a nipper I followed baseball quite a bit and loved both the Red Sox and the Yankees. It was only as I developed more knowledge of the game that I realised this is a massive faux pas.

That said, it doesn't mean I don't keep an eye out for boths results.

When you aren't immersed in the culture of the game for a period of time you don't know these things. He does now and broadcasting it is a bit silly. But the criticism he gets is ridiculous.

I enjoy watching both Barca and Real. I'm not a fucking Spaniard so why should I buy into the one or t'other bollocks.

I hate West Ham more than any other side but his explanation is honest and understandable.

Give dude a break.

Back
Top Bottom