Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No shade on Gio from me. I just think that it is wild how dedicated the Argentines are towards this world cup. Including willing to risk their long term careers in Gio's case.

He's young. He'll have more chances at the world cup.
I dunno man, as a football fan, even it being based in Qatar, there'd be something special in seeing Messi go out and finally win the WC in his last tournament. I'd imagine it's that ×1000 for anybody who goes out and plays with him. Feel bad for Lo Celso, even though he never managed to do much for us. Special buzz and pride around that Argentine side the last few years, personally think it's pretty cool to see given how commercial the game is now.

I dunno man, as a football fan, even it being based in Qatar, there'd be something special in seeing Messi go out and finally win the WC in his last tournament. I'd imagine it's that ×1000 for anybody who goes out and plays with him. Feel bad for Lo Celso, even though he never managed to do much for us. Special buzz and pride around that Argentine side the last few years, personally think it's pretty cool to see given how commercial the game is now.

I wouldn't bother, he never gave a singular shit about the club or its fans.

He played really well under the first part of Jose’s tenure and I believe Jose wanted to keep him so we paid. It was only after the injury and return that he dropped form badly and started to not give a shit.

Ndombele was in the Champions League team of the season and deservedly so. We bought two players with great talent but cunt attitude, they could have made a success of it had they wanted too. They where not talentless duds they could have been doing what Bentancur and Hojbjerg are doing now but showed no motivation or care after we gave them a big money contract.
I still blame our scouting dept. There were ample reports in France about Ndombele being a real tricky character and a lazy player, despite his moments of brilliance.

Same for Lo Celso when he was at PSG, but it wasn't seen as that big a deal since it's kind of the norm at PSG, where it's player power to the extreme. But then there were also issues at Betis and with Argentina. He's just a total dick.

You have to do your homework on players, Antonio alluded to that in previous press confs. It's clear our scouting team fucked up big time as far as them two twats are concerned. If they'd cost a combined 20 mil, I'd say alright shit happens. But that's not the case is it.

Not the be-all, end-all. He didn't join us with the intention to flop in the PL. Players move about. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

We ended up as a training camp for his Argentina career. Miraculously fit whenever national duty came around, always had a niggle when it was time to play for Spurs. And when he did play for us, most of the time late on it was half arsed.

He was bright & gave it a go for a bit under Jose & Poch but the majority of his time at the club he took us for a ride .. no sympathy whatsoever for him. I feel bad for an Emerson who isn't good enough but you can never question his dedication.

Pretty ironic that he was seemingly always injured for us then was healthy for the national team and now when its time for the world cup he gets injured.

Pretty ironic that he was seemingly always injured for us then was healthy for the national team and now when its time for the world cup he gets injured.

No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

I still blame our scouting dept. There were ample reports in France about Ndombele being a real tricky character and a lazy player, despite his moments of brilliance.

Same for Lo Celso when he was at PSG, but it wasn't seen as that big a deal since it's kind of the norm at PSG, where it's player power to the extreme. But then there were also issues at Betis and with Argentina. He's just a total dick.

You have to do your homework on players, Antonio alluded to that in previous press confs. It's clear our scouting team fucked up big time as far as them two twats are concerned. If they'd cost a combined 20 mil, I'd say alright shit happens. But that's not the case is it.
mXlpH4V.png

This man did untold damage to our club.

No shade on Gio from me. I just think that it is wild how dedicated the Argentines are towards this world cup. Including willing to risk their long term careers in Gio's case.

He's young. He'll have more chances at the world cup.
its all about messi's legacy. they are willing to ruin their careers for this world cup. its now or never.

i bet a lot of it also is that the argentine players dont wanna be seen as the ones that let messi down, they dont want in years to come to be looked at as shit because the best player of this era couldn't win a world cup because they was not good enough.

since pele the best player of the era has won the world cup. pele, maradona, zidane..its messi's turn now and if he cant do it as good as he is then fingers will be pointed at the rest of the team.

this is a better chance than when they actually got to the final. theres no standout national team now it seems. no german machine, an 'average' brazilian side compared to what they are used to. the french dont seem as potent, italy nowhere to be seen. belgium's golden era fizzled out as they lacked quality up top and still do. this is messi's golden chance, and hes in unreal form at the moment.

Last edited:
its all about messi's legacy. they are willing to ruin their careers for this world cup. its now or never.

i bet a lot of it also is that the argentine players dont wanna be seen as the ones that let messi down, they dont want in years to come to be looked at as shit because the best player of this era couldn't win a world cup because they was not good enough.

since pele the best player of the era has won the world cup. pele, maradona, zidane..its messi's turn now and if he cant do it as good as he is then fingers will be pointed at the rest of the team.

this is a better chance than when they actually got to the final. theres no standout national team now it seems. no german machine, an 'average' brazilian side compared to what they are used to. the french dont seem as potent, italy nowhere to be seen. belgium's golden era fizzled out as they lacked quality up top and still do. this is messi's golden chance, and hes in unreal form at the moment.

Solid take. 👍

The craziest part is we never really needed him, already having Dele and Eriksen in the same position (CAM). Maybe he could be a CM in Spain, but never seemed to have the physicality to do it in the Prem. His career would probably would have been better off if he stayed at Betis instead of coming to us. And all we got in return were a few decent games and an albatross contract.

I somehow doubt Villareal will sign him long-term now with Emery having left.
In fairness, we expected to lose Eriksen (and did) and the line about Spurs was that we lacked creativity and Lo Celso (on paper) isn't a mile off the profile we could do with now. However, in 19, we signed him, Ndombele and gave Winks and Sissoko new contracts and signed no DM despite Wanyama's decline. How was that midfield supposed to work?

2019 was a disaster. Every decision was poor.
It somehow adds insult to injury that Sess went on to be the most successful of the lot. It's not that our record signing flopped, it's that he's so bad that he's not even worth keeping around as a backup. Now he's gonna go bag himself a Serie A title on our dime.

I don’t wish ill on anyone, but if GLC ain't at the world cup cause of his latest injury, I sure am not gonna feel sorry for him.

He's an absolute prick who's robbing a wage at Spurs and he's disrespected the club in other ways.

So as far as he's concerned, none of that "good luck to him" stuff. Same goes for Dumb.

I'd actually love it if he couldn't go and Argentina ended up winning it!

The craziest part is we never really needed him, already having Dele and Eriksen in the same position (CAM). Maybe he could be a CM in Spain, but never seemed to have the physicality to do it in the Prem. His career would probably would have been better off if he stayed at Betis instead of coming to us. And all we got in return were a few decent games and an albatross contract.

I somehow doubt Villareal will sign him long-term now with Emery having left.

Eriksen was halfway out the door and Dele was halfway down the karsi by then

It's weird how some of you decide a player's character purely based on your dislike for them.

I'm sure casting dispersion on a person's character because of a distaste for them happens often , yet the personality & character of GLC has been called out many times whilst at Spurs and elsewhere.

Allegedly, constantly rude and ignored the staff at Spurs lodge and around the building, whilst being a bit of a shit to other team mates, notably youngsters.

Decent player in there for sure, but me thinks a touch of Napoleons about him

The guy is clearly talented, otherwise his team wouldn't make a poster about him and state how much they miss him in this WC.

Such a shame that it never clicked for him at Spurs and especially with Conte.

The guy is clearly talented, otherwise his team wouldn't make a poster about him and state how much they miss him in this WC.

Such a shame that it never clicked for him at Spurs and especially with Conte.

He is an utterly mediocre player at club level but seems to care a bit for Argentina. Good for him.

The twat.

Back
Top Bottom