Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s possible that he’s reaching his physical peak years and his injuries are behind him.

Kane was 28 when his injuries stopped being so regular

Kane had some unfortunate turns of the ankle and one bad hamstring. He generally plays an extremely high number of games in a season, never starting on the bench. Injury free for 2 years.

Lo Celso picks up all sorts of random injuries and doesn’t even play that much. Kane played 4300 minutes for us last season. Lo Celso managed 1400 for Villarreal. Even in his worst injury seasons Kane played over 3000 minutes. There’s no comparison.

I don’t think he will ever do well in the PL because of his frail body, but I’d be happy to take £20m from Villa if they’d like to try and prove otherwise.
Frail body . It's just fans and paper talk .. ANYONE with any level of skill that comes through the ranks in south America will have had the absolute shit kicked out of them I've watched loads of Brazilian and Argentinian footie, you will NOT SURVIVE with a frail body, Athletes have spells of injuries and once injured it's very easy to pick up another during rehab and the domino effect carries on, some don't, have injury spells ...it's more a luck thing than anything else .. and when he joined us His performances convinced Jose and consequently levy to pay bundles.. he's a top draw footballer.. whose been unfortunate with injuries.. i'de be hapi to see out new manager give him a decent run... But wouldn't want him in the prem and certainly not with villa... Who I see as a direct rival for a top ish spot.. flog him to Barca or Seville but NOT one of our rivals..

Kane had some unfortunate turns of the ankle and one bad hamstring. He generally plays an extremely high number of games in a season, never starting on the bench. Injury free for 2 years.

Lo Celso picks up all sorts of random injuries and doesn’t even play that much. Kane played 4300 minutes for us last season. Lo Celso managed 1400 for Villarreal. Even in his worst injury seasons Kane played over 3000 minutes. There’s no comparison.
And Kane playing through his injuries have prematurely cost him a yard of pace.

Which had zero effect on his goal scoring output so who really gives a toss? He was hardly explosive to begin with.

Lo Celso can barely kick the ball, one of the most feeble shot takers I’ve ever seen at this club.
Agreed Kane wasn't ever explosive.. but could always hold his own with defenders now he can't... And yeah thankfully it hasn't effected his goals to games for us but it's certainly effected where hes played.. as for what you say about lo celso.. yep 45 caps for Argentina and he can't kick a ball .. 😂

Which had zero effect on his goal scoring output so who really gives a toss? He was hardly explosive to begin with.

Lo Celso can barely kick the ball, one of the most feeble shot takers I’ve ever seen at this club.
It's like he's kicking one of those water logged balls. I've seen tiny little kids kick the ball harder ffs.

Agreed Kane wasn't ever explosive.. but could always hold his own with defenders now he can't... And yeah thankfully it hasn't effected his goals to games for us but it's certainly effected where hes played.. as for what you say about lo celso.. yep 45 caps for Argentina and he can't kick a ball .. 😂

Lo Celso has scored 4 league goals in the last 4 seasons. He has scored 2 goals in his Argentina career.

As an attacking midfielder he is utter cack.

Yeah utter cack.. just so bad !!!
YET

Messi said of him when he was out through injury
'He is one of the most important players on the squad and it was also a hard blow that he was out,"

I don’t give a toss what Messi says. I give a toss about what Lo Celso has done in our shirt, which after four years is the square root of fuck all.

Last edited:

There was a brief spell in his first season where be looked like he had all the potential in the world. His numbers weren't there in terms of goals and assists but he was making things happen.

It was as if he lost all of his confidence overnight. Then over the next year and a half he was riddled by injuries and amongst a negative system that was never intended to get the best out of anyone.

I think his time is likely up but I don't believe in the lightweight nonsense that gets banded about. In the right system, he could provide an option certainly. He's got a good pass on him, he can beat a man with a burst and has good work rate. Those are boxes ticked in an Ange system.

And tbh, if it was between him and Ndombele, I'd much rather keep him as a squad option.

I can't remember a single time in Lo Celso's Spurs career where I'd describe him as 'amazing'

He's always been a very ordinary but serviceable player.

I can't remember a single time in Lo Celso's Spurs career where I'd describe him as 'amazing'

He's always been a very ordinary but serviceable player.
Think the post your replying to is about right
And the video is pretty much how I remember his first season...picking the ball up in our half and running at defences .. and there was a nice free kick he at the end and surprised they didn't pic more corners he delivered a decent set piece..

Back
Top Bottom