Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SSN reporting that Mourinho wants him back. Only problem is salary.

Make of it what you will.

I'd have no problem him returning if it's written into his contract that he'll tackle and not take corners/dead balls.
On the documentary Levy is on record saying that the club met Eriksen's wage demands.

"For a long time, we knew," Mourinho began. "We didn’t tell because of a moral agreement with him but from the first day I arrived, he told me he was not going to sign.

"For me, to try to have still a player without great motivations but still a player with a good sense of professionalism and respect for the club to give us what he could."

" Christian told me the decision was made and no way [did I try to persuade him]. From that moment, I was just trying to build the team without him.

"That was the reason why I didn’t play him many, many times. At the same time, Christian being a good professional and having respect for the club and his teammates I knew that with some limitations – there are always limitations with a player in his situation – that until his last day he tried to help the team and be a positive guy in the dressing room, which he was."

"Christian would always give us some of his talent until the end of the season," he added. "He is a good professional, respect to the club, respect to the dressing room, if he stayed here I think he would always give us something."

A good professional tries until he leaves whether he knows he is going or not. Glenn Hoddle knew he was leaving well before the end of 86/87 and he had a fantastic season for us.

He's still one of the best creators in Europe and overall better #10 than Tanguy/Gio

This would be a dream midfield

----Tanguy----PEH
Gio----Eriksen----Sonny
------------Kane

No more Winks and Sissoko, they have tortured us enough for years

He really isn’t.

Some serious revisionism here.

People have forgotten just how good he was for us, there was a period when many said we simply couldn't play without him in the side.

Sure he wasn't great in his last year, but who was ? As much as I like Tunguy, Christian is far more suited to the 10 role...and i'm sorry GLC isn't in the same class. The hype that fella got last season for a few mazy dribbled was way over board. Christian is x10 more effective.

Christian Eriksen: Spurs stats show EPL career was one of domination

Some serious rose tinted spectacleism here

We could sign jim and Ozil ?

200.gif

My issue with him is one of mindset. He said he wanted to leave to move to a big club that would win trophies. The Trophy King came in as manager and yet he still wanted out. Ok, he wanted something new. I get that. But it was clear that he had lost belief that we had it in us to win trophies and, obviously, we still haven't got any in the short period he's been gone. So what would make him suddenly believe in the cause once again? Because that's what we need; Players who 100% believe it will be done. I don't think he's got that in his toolkit.

I loved Eriksen in his heyday. Never injured, so vital and exciting to watch. Offset by shit corner taking and a a bit of a dandy approach to defending but still an important cog. There's been nothing to suggest that that player exists this past couple of years. With so many exciting younger players like Tanguy about, why sign someone who isn't going to sign in?

Its looking more like Eriksen was a fine system player. A cog in a well oiled machine.

And when we started taking those components out and replacing them with parts that weren't as good, he became a lesser component.

You will not get a single Spurs fan disagree that Eriksen in his day was outstanding. One of our key players, created goals, scored goals, ran alot.

But that was years ago. This would be up there with resigning Robbie Keane (or so far Gareth Bale).

Let's remember how he was. Not what he's become.

Very underrated post. When the other cogs were removed he became less effective. We had prime Dembele creating space for Eriksen to operate in and Kane, Son and a peak Ali to finish the chances he created. When Dembele became more injury prone Eriksen’s slow decline began and accelerated when Ali went off the boil and Kane got injured. Eriksen then in the end appeared to give up when we needed him to role his sleeves up

Last edited:
Any professional player should try their best at all times surely. People can lose form and have a bad run but don’t throw in the towel

A fallacy of a comment because players are rarely seen as giving their all and not being as good..

Nearly all players are judged on product more than they are on effort, with someone like Berbatov being an obvious example.

Nope, unless Eriksen kept producing to the level he did for 3 or 4 years then no way he would have been seen to be putting in the effort.

Back
Top Bottom