Have we signed Diaz yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Diaz is not a center forward.

Sonny can be, and I can see Diaz Son Lucas as a front 3.

But partnering either Kane or Son in a 3-5-2 is a different role than what he seems to be doing at Porto.

How much do you trust our recruitment setup to have thought through this?
I'm torn, from the few games I watched him play during Copa he seems to be a really dogged and skilful attacking player, coming into his prime years, I don't really have many doubts about the player. I don't have an issue with him not being a centre forward, more that LW is probably out position of greatest depth. I get the feeling that maybe Diaz is the best attacking player we can sign and that's why they're seemingly looking to sign him.

Having the money to sign the top players and actually convincing them to sign are different things, I don't think we'd have a shot at Nkunku or Raphina who are probably a better fit.

Good highlight video as these things go.

He's very one-footed, but not like Lamela bad.

It could just be the video, but I'm encouraged to see this style of player not just going to ground all the time. He could, lesser defenders are just kicking at air with this guy.

The quickness of his feet is honestly Salah-ian. But he's quite a loose player.

I dunno. Tremendous talent. Is this a Premier League player though?

The lack of any significant injury history is positive for a player of his slight frame.

And we'd have to move Sonny. This guy is born to operate on that left flank.

I think that's the kind of reverse psychology scouting that has gone into identifying Amrabat. Hitchen has decided that he thought all his previous signings looked good and turned out shite, so now he's found someone that looks dogshit in the hope he will actually do well.
That's actually genius. No wonder Levy can't get rid of the guy, he's constantly adapting and thriving. He's clearly elite level

Is Diaz actually any good though? We all love an expensive player but his stats have that whiff of a player that might come to spurs and end up shite. If we spending 60M then Id rather get a raphinha.

Is Diaz legit? Who else is after him? Or is he somewhat fringe obscure like a 40M lo celso or a 50M ndombele?
Not sure we are even genuinely after this guy.
We have at least a couple of Portugeezers on TFC? No word from them that we should buy him.
Ever heard of Darwin Nunez? He has better stats.

Is Diaz actually any good though? We all love an expensive player but his stats have that whiff of a player that might come to spurs and end up shite. If we spending 60M then Id rather get a raphinha.

Is Diaz legit? Who else is after him? Or is he somewhat fringe obscure like a 40M lo celso or a 50M ndombele?

Definitely talented. But whether he has the mentality for the Premier League remains to be seen. But the fact that Liverpool have also been strongly linked with him is a good thing, as long as they don't actually bite the bullet and go in for him.

This windows Dybala hillarous similarities
Absolutely bang on the money.

I think there will be uproar if we fail to sign anyone of note this month.
Dybala your money!!
9921.jpg

It was hiding in plain sight...
You're welcome!!!!!

Not sure we are even genuinely after this guy.
We have at least a couple of Portugeezers on TFC? No word from them that we should buy him.
Ever heard of Darwin Nunez? He has better stats.

What? Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb has been talking this guy up all year.

I believe his biggest issue with the player was he would go to a bigger club than us.

Last edited:
This is just Levy’s latest version of Moutinho, Bruno and Dybala. Wait until there are just a few days left, make an low offer for a good player that you know won’t be accepted just to make it look like you are doing something. Then when nothing happens he can say “we tried but it wasn’t possible”. Rinse and repeat.

I will eat my own head if Levy spends the money it would take to sign this player. He will never do it. It would be like Elton John becoming heterosexual.

Sky Sports on Monday at 10pm after finally running the arse out of this story: “From what I’m hearing there will be no incomings for Tottenham this window, but it’s not all bad news for Tottenham fans as it looks as though Dele Alli and Matt Doherty will be staying at the club”
This statement is called 'taking the piss'!

Back
Top Bottom