Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This thread reflects the mentality of the club overall. We think we’ve made it when we haven’t and we celebrate before we’ve won anything. We should have completely overtaken Woolwich but keep stuttering and forgetting our lines. Now they’re still very close behind. It’s pathetic. We’re shit right now. And our trophy record in the PL era shows something too.

post of the year (!)

you’re right - it’s fucking embarrassing. I thought the CL win would be the moment we were able to ‘start’ lording it over them...

for now, we need to wind our necks in

12 years ago we won a trophy......the last manager created a culture in the dressing room that the domestics aren’t worth a wank.
Probably take time to get that out of their heads.

Did Levy get us to two finals and three semis or was it Poch? Okay well the I guess it was Poch that list them all too.
Levy has made no secret of top 4 being the priority over the years. He dressed down Jol when he said we would struggle to do better than 5th, was the beginning if the end for him. Its getting boring talking about Poch. He was sacked.

You keep ignoring the facts and spewing the mantra.
I’ll make it simple.
We beat Chelsea three times on the spin.
Can you explain why on the 4th occasion we didn’t have the squad?

Of course he can't but neither were our losses due to Pochettino thinking nothing of the domestic competitions.

It's part quirks, mostly an inherent mentality weakness and then something quite inexplicable.

What I do know is that having a maverick, a player who absolutely stands above others and who turns up on that day is something that we last had with Bale. Before him Berbatov.

We lack too much on the biggest biggest moments, players and managers alike.

There is no doubt

Last edited:
Huh? Poch was only here a few years. Many other managers failed under ENIC. Why do you always make it about poch's tenure.
Also if poch is as bad as you say then its another poor managerial appointment from levy & enic. You can keep blaming the managers especially poch. But the constant is enic & levy. & they pick these so called awful managers.
Fact is in nearly 20 years we have a league cup which is poor. Make it about 1 manager who was here for probably just a quarter of it all you like. The facts speak for themselves. 1 trophy in all these years. Your argument is crap.
Poch was only here for a few years how long has arteta been there? Already proved that he is better then poch by you know what winning something

Are you admitting poch wasn't good enough? Because if you are then you are right it is on Enic but i know you think poch is a god

For me it aint just about 1 manager other managers have also made big tactical mistakes but to try to blame Enic for a lack of silverware with the teams we've had especially poch when David luiz just won the f.a cup is mental

Is poch not good enough as a top level manager?

I knew you'd pipe up. Please explain to me why the man that put the cones out for guardiola can win a cup but your god poch could not tactically win when it mattered? How much money was needed for poch to not play vorm or son left wing back
Jesus look at that team today and they won and you think poch needed another 500 million from Enic to win a trophy
We will see how Poch does with some crazy money, “apparently” Newcastle’s man if they get bought out...he will be well received in Newcastle for sure with his kind of football....But Christ another team with massive spending power is all this league fucking needs🤦🏻🤦🏻

We will never agree. You have just blamed all the managers & will do so with jose too. I blame our owners. Fact is only 1 trophy under them. Make all the excuses you like. But there's no denying it. Can't be bothered to go around in circles with you when we both will never agree. No matter how many times you message me first again (notice how I never reply to one of your posts first. Its always you relying to 1 of my posts not aimed at you directly). So I am sorry but you won't change my mind on this one. Trophy wise Enic have been crap. & the facts tell you that without me & you having an opinion on it. By your logic if an owner chooses the rock to manage them & they get relegated. Then its all the managers fault.
Anyway. Let's agree to disagree. Goodnight
They are quite clearly both at fault. Ownership prioritising top 4 for financial reasons while Poch was also guilty of mental weakness in cup finals and semi finals.

They are quite clearly both at fault. Ownership prioritising top 4 for financial reasons while Poch was also guilty of mental weakness in cup finals and semi finals.
Yep but one was only here a few years. The other about 20 years. So its weird to fixate on 1 quarter & pretend ther other 3 didn't happen. Not sure how we can blame poch for before he joined us.

Culture, luck, belief, desire. Something somewhere is missing. I hope José finds it.

Look at the team that lost to Portsmouth at Wembley, a relegated club in administration.

What a shit show that day was.

Spurs Fan
England Fan

Life's a bitch. :(

#GoldenGenerations.

No secret pot of money i'm not 'that sort of guy' whatever that implies. Its just spend what we earn from transfers, 1 in 1 out. There is no real investment other than that. We ask top dollar for outgoings which holds up our transfers every summer.

Being self sufficient whilst bringing in 100m worth of players and funding a new stadium isn't "utter neglect"....

You're changing your argument and avoiding the question.

If there is no secret pot of money; then what money should we have been spending?

....Ought to be pretty visible in the company accounts yet not one person who shares your outlook is prepared to quantify their claims from our publicity available accounts. Can't imagine why, can you?

Back
Top Bottom