Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't change your argument now. You said no one ever said that the budget will be affected. Admit you were wrong please.

My overall argument hasn't changed. I've made a number of comments to refute the notion of "utter neglect".

The comment you refer to (verbatum) was incorrect..... Sure, I'll concede that.

... However, I don't think we have significantly contradicted Levy's pledge as the belt tightening was already in action and we continued to wheel and deal and 'look for value' in a manner we had before. Sure, Neymar, Coutinho and 1 or 2 other deals hugely inflated the market, but we weren't splashing big money prior to 2016.

Any dip in spending spending felt negligible.... Especially as the whole 5 years of low net spend meme would effectively date between 14-19.

...So what really changed during that time frame?

If you honestly believe a football club can invest over £1bn in infrastructure, and it'll be funded by the magical money tree with no impact on their other spending, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Who else is sick to death of being laughed at all the time ? The but of all football jokes somewhere along the line involves Spurs. Until we start winning trophies, we will forever be labelled as ultimate losers and to right, it’s bordering on pathetic now. Really pisses me off seeing all those Woolwich fans celebrating and it’s their right. I’m not complaining about them as such, but more to the fact that a shit Woolwich team can win 4 Fa cups in 6 years, yet one of the best Spurs sides in donkeys years can’t achieve or win a single dime. Infuriating supporting Spurs it really is.

Agree, criminal that our 2016-18 team didn't win anything, and watching average teams pick up silverware rubs salt into the wound.

The only good thing about Woolwich winning yesterday is it did spare us the site of the greedy, aggressive, sore loser, badge-kissing Tory twat Lampard lifting the trophy.

That’s exactly it mate, lack of bottle and a losers mentality this club have adopted. This is why it pisses me off when Spurs fans put down the league cup. What right does any Spurs fan have to put down any cup competition, considering we win so little. If we would of won a league cup, I’m pretty sure with the team we had, we would of gone onto bigger success as the club would of got the monkey off their back and acquired an actual trophy. I am fed up of it.
Apart from using 'of' when you should have used 'have', I agree with every word!
😉

It was worse, we were at our best and we were the better team for most of the game and even the players thought we were on the way to the final. Everyone was devastated with the result.
I still can't get my head around how we lost
Although Poch playing Son at left back against a peak Eden Hazard probably didn't help...

Yep. That decision fucked it for us. Nobody understood it and it was the first moment where my doubts over Poch’s management in big games crept in. Utterly bizarre and probably lost us the game.
Also people crying about Jose playing Vorm in the first round v relegation fodder but have no problem with Poch playing Vorm in a semi final against Man U...

Serious question. What season would you prefer ?

Spurs - we finished 6th - got Europa cup place but have to play and win in the long winded qualifying stages before we enter it proper

Woolwich - finished 10th, but won the Fa cup meaning they get a Europa cup spot proper and a trophy to their name

Give me Arsenals season any day of the week. Only person it benefits is Daniel Levy. 6th means jack shit now. Would much rather of finished 10th and won the FA cup
Obviously finishing 8th & winning Fa cup is better than coming 6th I doubt anyone would say different tbh

Serious question. What season would you prefer ?

Spurs - we finished 6th - got Europa cup place but have to play and win in the long winded qualifying stages before we enter it proper

Woolwich - finished 8th, but won the Fa cup meaning they get a Europa cup spot proper and a trophy to their name

Give me Arsenals season any day of the week. Only person it benefits is Daniel Levy. 6th means jack shit now. Would much rather of finished 10th and won the FA cup

Look at it from a player point of view rather than a fan point of view.
Do you think winning the FA Cup is going to make PEA turn down an offer from an Elite club in Europe?
Do you think high class players abroad will look at Woolwich as an attractive proposition to go to? Lets mirror it in another league, if you're a hot prospect, would you join Getafe on the basis they won the Copa Del Rey? (they're 8th in La Liga)

Since football became such a global business, domestic cups have become less and less recognized around the world.
Years ago, no one gave a shit about the World Club Cup or the Super Cup final. Now they're becoming more important than domestic cups.

Honestly watching the game and the amount of emotion makes you realize how much actually winning a title matters to a player. The same I felt when Lucas scored that last minute goal against Ajax... the glory, the winning, makes a huge difference to players and the team spirit.

What really matters though is being able to offer Europe and not - same for us. The money, and the exposure.

And then he got benched for a crocked Kane because Poch wasn't brave enough to start Harry on the bench for the biggest game in our history.

Newcastle????? ....FFS!!! :mourcheeks:

We have been for the last decade or more..... Because we mattered and were resented for being in the mix and got constantly undermined by the media trying to sell off all our best assets.

We've had a shit season and still finished 6th. Get some perspective.

We do though.

Yep this is not it, we've returned to our pre-poch days as a potential banana skin for better teams rather than actually being one of those better teams.

Eh? Feels like an entirely hollow retort to me.... This is not what?

Perhaps revisit and review this premature sentiment at the end of next season.

We got 7/9 points from teams above us in the last couple of months.

I repeat:

We've had a shit season and [yet] still finished 6th [enough points under Jose to equate to 4th IIRC]. Get some perspective.

Sorry I'm not excited or satisfied about finishing 6th like you.

We spent 160m on players in the year after the CL final in an attempt to improve (and entirley revamp our midfield!)... More than we've ever spent in a single year..... You're rambling, man.
Mm....in an ATTEMPT to improve..... :thumbup: worked a treat eh.

Back
Top Bottom