Is the club/board ok?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh fuck off mate - can't you see that they are taking "actual" money out of the club? And you are a proper cunt for suggesting that I want a sugar daddy. I'll be straight with you - you've popped up out of nowhere with your bullshit, enic, Levy cock sucking agenda, and you think you have the right to take the piss out of people that can see this? I despair that Spurs have "fans" like you - you defend the owners against the interests of the team, you have an infant's grasp of what it is to be a supporter, and you must wank yourself to sleep at night over pictures of Levy. Can you just fuck off you pathetic, annoying little FM creep? I support Tottenham, not Levy. Where the fuck do you creeps get off?

love your passion Clash
The team should always come first end of story
Business men invest for profits not for love or passion of the club.

But if people feel strongly about something that they feel affects the club as a footballing experience then surely they are entitled to air their views. U can always skip posts that get your goat. It's a forum , full of insight, shit , frustration, joy & silliness. That's what forums are all about. It's not worth getting wound up about really.
No i get that, but what i don't get, is the insane paranoia and conspiracy theories. Every time we lose a game its Enics fault for some reason, like everyone at the club just doesnt want to win every game.
It make absolutely no sense really. All this talk about ENIC in it for the money. Well, yeah they are really, because if they were to invest and then lose money, they'd have done an awful and pointless job. Give me an owner trying to balance the books any day. Its had us playing in europe consistently for how long now?

The fact is, every team loses games. Its unavoidable, its sport. What is the point in jumping to conclusions and pointing fingers at the people that would benefit most from us winning? People going on about "We're starting the season with signings still to be made, Enic fuck us over again". I mean, you don't have to have many braincells to see thats a bollocks opinion to have.

Basically, i think theres just too many cunts that think real life works exactly like a playstation game.

No i get that, but what i don't get, is the insane paranoia and conspiracy theories. Every time we lose a game its Enics fault for some reason, like everyone at the club just doesnt want to win every game.
It make absolutely no sense really. All this talk about ENIC in it for the money. Well, yeah they are really, because if they were to invest and then lose money, they'd have done an awful and pointless job. Give me an owner trying to balance the books any day. Its had us playing in europe consistently for how long now?

The fact is, every team loses games. Its unavoidable, its sport. What is the point in jumping to conclusions and pointing fingers at the people that would benefit most from us winning? People going on about "We're starting the season with signings still to be made, Enic fuck us over again". I mean, you don't have to have many braincells to see thats a bollocks opinion to have.

Basically, i think theres just too many cunts that think real life works exactly like a playstation game.
It's not a conspiracy theory - that's just daft. Some think Enic/Levy make life more difficult for the manager and team with their parsimony, that's all - but you're right - it is boring.

I dont understand why people don't just wanna watch and enjoy a bit of football anymore. Now we have to have mass debates and fucking youtube channels and all this bullshit.
I know. I have an opinion on this as you've probably noticed, but thinking back it is ridiculous going on about chairmen and the like. I think it's the silly amount of money in the game that causes it - we all want Tottenham to have their share of the big fat pie - and when we think we're not getting it we look at who's holding the purse strings.

I'm so disgusted with myself at the amount of cliches in that post, I'm going to take myself out to be shot.

Fucking ENIC and their stupid fucking transfer policy. They are destroying the team completely. There is no passion in the team. No excitement among the supporters. One major signing will lift the entire club and they are doing nothing. The morale of the club support has never been this bad in the last 17 years I have supported Spurs. Even if the club was not doing well on the field, there was always something to make the fans excited. The match days were fun and now I can sense it is just a "going through the emotions" feel in the fans. The club has not prepared for the season and it is telling.

And despite liking Poch for his youth policy, I fear this team is going in a very bad direction. Whether that is due to the transfers not backing him I am not sure. More than the individual players, what is important is to have an identity as a team. A particular style that is drilled into the players so that they can play to their strengths. There is absolutely no identity about the team. Slow passing, Kane stranded alone with no support, no pace, etc. Kane is arguably one of the best strikers in the league and how many times did he get the ball in the attacking third so far this season? Absolutely nobody is able to get him involved on a consistent basis.

I think Poch will be sacked in a few months for not getting the results. Why do we even pretend that we are going to challenge for the top 4 spot? The board can have some self respect and just come out and say that they are not interested in the football results as they just want to make money from all the real estate business that they are doing with Spurs.

I kinda left myself open to that one didn't I? Some questions raised immediately after our first loss. While the timing may seem a little off, this is a genuine question that has been on my mind for a while and even if we had won the game against United, I would have raised this. This is irrespective of the result and I wanted to ask this last week.

Sure you can focus on one statement in the entire post which I solely use to emphasize how ridiculous some of the decisions made by the board look and not to create a conspiracy theory or you can grab this chance to call this a melt/kneejerk reaction thinking you have made some really funny quirky reply in an anonymous board on the internet and feel good about yourself at my expense for which you are welcome.

But I was genuinely wondering, where is the accountability at Spurs? The decisions seem very bad business wise again and again and is there anyway supporters can get some sort of reasoning behind these? If an organization board keeps making the wrong decisions again and again while clearly stating a goal and failing to achieve that because of said decisions, I am sure questions will be raised. Why isn't that the case at Spurs?

They were there for the taking and if I was a ManUre fan I'd be calling for David Moyes!

They were shit and we still couldn't score!

Still angry after watching that!

:wansum:

This entire line of thinking is based solely on needing someone to blame.

What would you do if you found out that Pochettino told Levy that he didn't want to bring in a striker unless it was the correct player for his system? Levy said about two months back that most singings weren't going to even come in until the end of the summer, SO you knew this was going to happen and had plenty of time to prep for it. If the window closes and we don't bring anyone else in you'll have a very real reason to get angry. Otherwise, it's literally panning out the exact way that management announced that it would.

We are at a point that the only option other than ENIC is going to be a hell of a lot worse than what we have now, but I guess the grass is always greener...

But I was genuinely wondering, where is the accountability at Spurs? The decisions seem very bad business wise

Ironically that "business wise" we are one of the best run clubs in the PL...or is financial stability not as interesting as a new striker? Maybe we need to define "business wise". Do we define good business as paying the asking price for a top striker to get the deal done, or is it defined as getting the right striker at a price the club can afford? Is it considered good business practice to get a 4th striker for our one striker system which will also then put us in a weaker negotiating position when selling the others, or is it better to ensure the departure of one of our high cost players first so we don't end up overspending in wages for the season?

...again and again and is there anyway supporters can get some sort of reasoning behind these? If an organization board keeps making the wrong decisions again and again while clearly stating a goal and failing to achieve that because of said decisions, I am sure questions will be raised. Why isn't that the case at Spurs?

Again, you say "the wrong decisions" but what is right and what is wrong is subjective depending on your view of the situation. From a strictly football perspective, maybe it is right to just splash the cash on the players we need, but from a business perspective, maybe it is better not be running on debt...especially if you were to want to secure financial assistance to say, build a new stadium.

Finally I'll ask you, do we really fail in our goal because of Levy's decisions or are there other external factors involved? As I remember it we actually managed to prove ourselves as the 4th best team in England under Levy a few seasons ago and had every chance of maintaining our place in the absence of Liverpool...well, until Sheikh Mansour poured a ridiculous amount of cash in to a mid-table side from the North-West essentially rigging the game in their favour and denying us our rightful place in the top 4.

If your theory/ hypothetical is true, then Poch would have been irresponsible and negligent in not incorporating Soldado and/ or Adebayor into the squad over the summer so that we would have attacking options for the start of the season. Whoever made the decision to go into the season with one striker fucked up massively.

Soldado played in our closed door friendlies, didn't he?

The announcement of his back being hurt came pretty late, but I imagine an injury played a part too.

I hate this kind of stuff. Until the game ended today we'd won 2 out of our last 3 games at OT. Why say 25 years? Agenda driven horseshit.
What is the agenda I am supposed to be driving? I would like us to have bought a striker by now, I have said that plenty of times. If we had done it and had, for example, Berahino in the side then maybe we would have won today, maybe we wouldn't. We could have won today, we certainly weren't outplayed.

I just made the point that we have been to Old Trafford many times -- with very good teams, good teams and bad teams -- and hardly ever won. So how do you stand up the statement we would "probably" have got 3 points if not for Levy? Seems to me if any statement has an agenda behind it then it is that one.

What is the agenda I am supposed to be driving? I would like us to have bought a striker by now, I have said that plenty of times. If we had done it and had, for example, Berahino in the side then maybe we would have won today, maybe we wouldn't. We could have won today, we certainly weren't outplayed.

I just made the point that we have been to Old Trafford many times -- with very good teams, good teams and bad teams -- and hardly ever won. So how do you stand up the statement we would "probably" have got 3 points if not for Levy? Seems to me if any statement has an agenda behind it then it is that one.

You say that we've won twice in 25 years. I took that to mean that a win at OT is an unlikely outcome, and our expectations are unreasonable. If you didn't mean that I apologise.

I pointed out that until today we had won 2 out of our last 3 fixtures there. I think that recent history is more relevant. Both our statements are true, but the inference is quite different.

I'm not looking for an argument either - I didn't know this was about Levy ha. I've obviously barged in to the middle of something - sorry. All I was trying to say was that we had an excellent chance of a win there today, but now you mention Levy, it was a bloody silly idea to play in the Audi thing.
Probably. Bentaleb and Chadli both played a lot in Germany, and maybe it showed a bit today.

is the club /board okay? My answer is no.
But lets get behind them and let them no we slog our backsides of to pay their wages..1882 still about

Agree - Alderweireld in particular played a fair bit of the match as right back.

Dier wasn't the problem yesterday... Bentaleb thinking he can pass like Hoddle was!!

Agree - if you give the ball away when your full backs are charging over the halfway line and your centre backs have big gaps between them then suddenly everyone is scrambling like mad.

I am 100 per cent certain Nabil will work it out though, he is going to be an important player for us for at least 5 years IMO.

Back
Top Bottom