Joe Hart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just watching soccer aid, think we would have been better off signing David James! Can't believe he's 50, looks exactly the same as when he played, minus the crazy haircuts.

All 3 GK's we had last season had shocking lapses. Lloris was awful before his injury but played well since the league resumption. Gazza was making loads of mistakes whilst deputising for Lloris which is why I think Vorm played in the cup match which he played badly rather than Mourinho disrespecting the FA cup. Now clearly Hart has been poor for some time and it will take time to restore his confidence but the coaches will assess Gazza and Hart in training and decide which of them has the most ability and with cup games coming up they both should get a chance. We will have a better idea by Xmas whether Hart can be a good deputy or not and I for one will not judge him on one incident. If he continues to make mistakes then he will not be seen unless Gazza and Lloris are injured.

Personally I don't care what Hart has won in the past...sorry, what City have won in the past with Hart in goal.
He's not in decline either, he was never very good, and Guardiola was quick to realise that Hart is a limited keeper. His positioning is poor, his distribution awful, his handling poor, decision making poor, command of his area is poor despite being very shouty. His shot stopping is ok but he has no real talent for being a keeper other than being 6' 3" and professionally coached. Generally a good keeper looks even better in a poor team with so much to do, he couldn't make it at Wet Spam or Burnley and Spam had no-one of any quality to push for the No.1 spot.
As I said previously, he's a waste of wages. And what pisses me off all the more is people saying he will only play in the league cup or some shit, whilst we are apparently clamouring for a trophy!

Personally I don't care what Hart has won in the past...sorry, what City have won in the past with Hart in goal.
He's not in decline either, he was never very good, and Guardiola was quick to realise that Hart is a limited keeper. His positioning is poor, his distribution awful, his handling poor, decision making poor, command of his area is poor despite being very shouty. His shot stopping is ok but he has no real talent for being a keeper other than being 6' 3" and professionally coached. Generally a good keeper looks even better in a poor team with so much to do, he couldn't make it at Wet Spam or Burnley and Spam had no-one of any quality to push for the No.1 spot.
As I said previously, he's a waste of wages. And what pisses me off all the more is people saying he will only play in the league cup or some shit, whilst we are apparently clamouring for a trophy!

Your point about it being the past is noted, but to say he was a passenger within their early success is way off... He was a fucking wall at times.

Your point about it being the past is noted, but to say he was a passenger within their early success is way off... He was a fucking wall at times.
Yeah, he made the PFA Team of the Year a couple of times and nobody found it strange at the time as he was the best goalkeeper in the league or at least on the best goalkeepers.

He was once good, but, seriously, The Dude could have moved quicker than him the other day. He's done. Send him out to do some photo shoots with the till workers at the local supermarket but for god's sake don't let him anywhere near our goal.

I'm not convinced that Lloris is fully back to his best or that he ever will be

But so help me god please makesure he doesnt get injured this season

source.gif

Did we watch the same games? Since the return of the premier league after lockdown, Lloris has been immense.

I’ve been a big Lloris critic and feel that we should be looking to the future now, but he was incredible in the end of the season.

Did we watch the same games? Since the return of the premier league after lockdown, Lloris has been immense.

I’ve been a big Lloris critic and feel that we should be looking to the future now, but he was incredible in the end of the season.

Heard a stat that based on expected goals saved, Hugo was the best in the league since he returned.

We lost just 3 games Lloris started and completed over the course of the whole league season. And very likely would have finished in the top 3 had he not got injured.

Back
Top Bottom