Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fuckinhg hell mate, please stop lying. Why do you have to ruin every thread with them? Every thread you build strawmen and every thread you act like a tit. Just debate your points, if we disagree then we disagree, I've no issue with this. I've always backed you as a passionate poster but lately, you can't stop making shit up about the person you're in disagreement with. Just stop.
Ruin every thread?
I’m not the one shitting my pants over arsenals “new style” of play because they beat Utd (who are funnily enough the worst Utd team for generations when it comes to a good Jose bashing)

You’ve gone weak at the knees for Arteta because he’s won one game in 4 and couldn’t beat Bournemouth or Brighton and lost a 1-0 lead to 2-1 loss with 7 minutes left. But you are gushing over the “style” they displayed in these games?
Have a rethink buddy.
Do like I did, take two months off and come back with a view untainted by previous mantras

Last edited:
To save a trawl can you point me in the direction of your choices?
Probably easier to scribe them again:
Guardiola
Klopp
Pochettinho

Drop a level
Nagelsmann
Bielsa (with caveats)
Tuchel
Nuno

Then the next level down:
Ten Hag
Leko
Calleja
Kohfeldt
Machin (wouldn't surprise me if City take him after Pep)

Keep an eye out for:
Lampard
Arteta
Howe
Gallardo (probably could go up a peg but need to see him in Europe to make comparisons)
Van Bronckhorst
Wicky

Do like I did, take two months off and come back with a view untainted by previous mantras

You didn't take 2 months off - you took one month - last post on 2 December (here) when you got binned for 2 weeks and the other half you were on here reading but not posting - if you click on a user it shows 'last seen'

Stop lying for once - it's laughable

This place is all you have

Last edited:
Guardiola
Klopp
Pochettinho

Drop a level
Nagelsmann
Bielsa (with caveats)
Tuchel
Nuno

Ten Hag
Leko
Calleja
Kohfeldt

Keep an eye out for:
Lampard
Arteta
Howe
Gallardo (probably could go up a peg but need to see him in Europe to make comparisons)
Van Bronckhorst
Wicky
Poch at the same level at Guardiola and Klopp - you're having a laugh

Guardiola
Klopp
Pochettinho

Drop a level
Nagelsmann
Bielsa (with caveats)
Tuchel
Nuno

Ten Hag
Leko
Calleja
Kohfeldt

Keep an eye out for:
Lampard
Arteta
Howe
Van Bronckhorst
Wicky

Marco Rose at Gladbach is a nice prospect

I sincerely hope and believe that Mourinho Levy was a marriage of convenience. short term, all about getting top four and winning a cup. Have to say now the new manager bounce has flat lined it's starting to look like a classic dead cat bounce. I am scared for spurs because it's very clear to me that the people in charge of the long term direction of football side of our club are clueless. We do need a progressive coach under a D.O.F with a defined plan. Nagelsmann is my dream for the job, with a young core of attacking players. In the short term, I'll reserve my dislike for Jose and his rather dated brand of football simply because he has had little time and no players of his own choosing.

Last edited:
Ruin every thread?
I’m not the one shitting my pants over arsenals “new style” of play because they beat Utd (who are funnily enough the worst Utd team for generations when it comes to a good Jose bashing)

You’ve gone weak at the knees for Arteta because he’s won one game in 4 and couldn’t beat Bournemouth or Brighton and lost a 1-0 lead to 2-1 loss with 7 minutes left. But you are gushing over the “style” they displayed in these games?
Have a rethink buddy.
If you lack the intelligence to understand what is being written, try and read them out loud to a friend first or something, before you comment. Take your time so it can sink in.

It has NOTHING to do with them "winning" against Utd. It's how they played, it was their "performance". How many different ways should this be written before it sinks in? It's about "performance" not "results".

Had we played well, showed passages of play that excite or demonstrated that the boss's influence was getting across on the pitch then there would be a lot to be optimistic about, EVEN IF WE LOST!!

You ruin threads because you lie. Stop the lying and things would be tolerable at least there is a debate to be had. Making stuff up is nothing short of cuntish.

If you lack the intelligence to understand what is being written, try and read them out loud to a friend first or something, before you comment. Take your time so it can sink in.

It has NOTHING to do with them "winning" against Utd. It's how they played, it was their "performance". How many different ways should this be written before it sinks in? It's about "performance" not "results".

Had we played well, showed passages of play that excite or demonstrated that the boss's influence was getting across on the pitch then there would be a lot to be optimistic about, EVEN IF WE LOST!!

You ruin threads because you lie. Stop the lying and things would be tolerable at least there is a debate to be had. Making stuff up is nothing short of cuntish.
So you’ve based your theory on one game and dismissed the other three turgid shit fests under Arteta.
The one game they won.

But it’s not about that though right...

Did you get as excited when they drew at Everton? The rest of the planet fell asleep

So you’ve based your theory on one game and dismissed the other three turgid shit fests under Arteta.
The one game they won.

Did you get as excited when they drew at Everton? The rest of the planet fell asleep
Arteta wasn't in charge when they played at Goodison to be fair.

Guardiola
Klopp
Pochettinho

Drop a level
Nagelsmann
Bielsa (with caveats)
Tuchel
Nuno

Ten Hag
Leko
Calleja
Kohfeldt

Keep an eye out for:
Lampard
Arteta
Howe
Van Bronckhorst
Wicky

Cheers

So perhaps we should have gone for a young upcoming Manager Eddie Howe.
Bournemouth's finishes in the past four seasons, in chronological order, read 16th-9th-12th-14th. That suggests the club have been slowly going backwards for the past two to three years, and it is hard to argue against that.
Bournemouth's net spend since their promotion is greater than that of both Liverpool and Tottenham, with over £200million being spent on players. The tale of Bournemouth as plucky underdogs is a myth.
Perhaps spending is not the only answer if Bournemouth spent more than Liverpool.
Spending is only part of the solution as getting the right players is more important and that simply has not been happening at Spurs recently with most recent buys being unable to cement a regular first team place.
There have been many recent Managerial changes and much too soon to know which were correct. It will be next season before we know if Jose was a wise decision by Levy after the summer transfers, pre season and how results go then.

The one game they won.

He's been in charge for THREE games. (he wasn't in charge at Everton).

First was Bournemouth, which I haven't commented on because I didn't watch it, however, the highlights and match reports and fellow watchers on this forum all confirmed that they "looked better".

The second game was vs the Chavs, they lost but played well in spells, dominating the first half and they went toe-to-toe against a side that ripped us a new arsehole.

The third was against United, where their performance warranted a win and they should have been 3 or 4 up in the first half against another side that comprehensively outplayed us.

Yet again it's about performance, not the result. If you look at this you can see the influence on their game. You can also see a straight line of improvement of performance from his first to most recent match.

I'm talking specifically about the "lack of personnel" available to him that was FIT.

We had NINE players who came back from the Wolrd Cup with no pre-season under their belts!!! Pre-season is the foundation upon which an entire season is built, our BEST players had no preseason. Then either as a direct consequence of or further bad luck we suffered the worst injury fit season in living memory.

Then he identified a "painful rebuild", one that most levelheaded football fan could see that was sorely needed, that in order to play the game that most of us have been thrilled with watching (a high-tempo, high-pressing, energetic aggressive style of football) that was blowing most teams away, we simply needed to refresh with younger players.

What a truly bizarre comment about our youth you make, there is no greater pleasure seeing a lad come through our ranks and making it into the first team, a team made up of entirely from our academy would surely be the greatest thing to witness, but only you could make it into a statement of discontent because you are so obsessed with spending money, that despite teams chucking money at players all around us and finishing below us every season you still have the naivety to look at spending rather than the academy as a solution!

Why are you having a pop at me about Levy?!! I haven't even mentioned his name. I've critiqued what we have, what we are working with. It appears to me that you want to now slag off Levy because you thought Jose is the man, the man that you claimed will take us to the next level because he's a "winner" you pinned your reputation to Jose.

Now that this man, the man that I think is a "has been", looks to be totally lost in the new modern world of football, frozen to the touchline unable to put out a team motivated, unprepared and know what they are supposed to be doing, selecting the wrong personnel (he has a virtually fit squad to select from) for the game, backing the plodders with new contracts, rather than hold your hands up and admit this manager is a spent force you can't bring yourself to critique him. So instead you must find another person to blame. I mean it's not the manager's fault, surely not he's a "winner".

You can't take a swing at Levy if you thought Jose was the greatest manager the club has ever signed, you can only applaud him for appointing him, which is exactly what you and others all did.

Now, I have every right to slag off Levy for sacking Poch and hiring this has been. And I will. I'm fucking fuming that he sacked Poch and brought in this twat. I will no doubt get around to posting my displeasure on this, but this is the Jose thread. And this is where I will talk about his incompetence as a manager unable to manage at the top of the game anymore.

Anyone who backed the hiring of Jose, who was excited by his appointment and then wants to pile into Levy should look at their hypocritical selves first. As it means both you and he were aligned and you both thought it was right, you can't then start pointing the finger.

Take a deep breath and assess this manager carefully. Take off the "winner" specs and assess this manager as if his name is "Mr Smith". Take a look at our performances, take a look at how we were set-up, what we did when we were playing well and what we did when playing poorly and then frame this within the context of who we played. We are STILL shit and we are getting worse.

I honestly can't take you seriously when you're like this, you seem to miss the point entirely.

Let me make this clear, I have every right to criticise Levy because I have been saying for the longest time about our owners penny pinching and how it's stopping us from moving to the next level, I also maintained that Poch needed backing, he didn't get it, then, surprise surprise as per usual, results went to shit and Poch gave up, hence why he needed replacing, there was no way he could have saved things at that point.

I am all for youth coming through as well, again, you're purposefully being obtuse here, I am simply saying that the "Levy vision" is us building a team full of youth from our academy so ENIC can continue to penny pinch, I am saying it's unrealistic to think we can build a team from our youth academy, top talent isn't that common, hence why teams fucking buy players! You have to be utterly delusional if you think we can build a title winning side or even a top four side from our academy and if Levy thinks that he's delusional as well.

I couldn't give a fuck what we spend quite frankly, that's the truth, I just want us to be competitive, if that means breaking the bank then so be it, if we can do it another way like clever scouting with up and coming talent then so be it, the problem with our owners is, they don't want to be competitive when it comes to trophies, they want the bare minimum that keeps us turning over a profit.

There seems to be a huge disconnect in your brain when it comes to our spending and the constant failure cycle we keep going through, how can you defend our spending habits and criticise me because I say we should spend more or make better purchases but then at the same time lament Poch getting sacked when the two are clearly linked? Can you not see that? You can't say you deserve to criticise Levy because he sacked Poch if you aren't willing to criticise our absolutley unambitious way of doing business in the market, our owners are taking the piss out of the supporters, can't you see that?

I don't think Jose is past it, that's why, you do becsuse you refuse to view things objectively when it comes to him as others have noted numerous times to you but you ignore everyone, I think he will win us trophies (if he is backed) and it's too early to judge him, I will say this though, my opinion has changed on one thing, I don't think he will win anything with our current defensive unit, that much has been made very evident since his appointment, I like many others clearly have overrated our squad and that's ok, I don't mind being wrong but I think it's down to our owners to fix that.

However, here is the reality, it doesn't matter how good Jose is because at this point it's clear as daylight that some of these players simply aren't good enough and need replacing, we are getting the same performances as we were under Poch, albeit we have ground out a few results that we likely would not have won under him because Poch had essentially given up but we aren't going to improve unless our owners dip into their pockets and get us some talent.

Levy had to sack Poch because he wasn't going to rebuild the team, that's what it boils down to, I celebrated Jose because he is a winner and was the best replacement available, I don't think another manager would be doing better with this team currently, that's the truth in my eyes (I could be wrong) and the reason they wouldn't is because this team is simply not good enough.

Now if Jose truly believes we don't need signings then I will stand here right beside you and say he has no idea what the fuck he is going on about.

The truth is, at this juncture I want our owners gone, they are repeatedly making poor decisions in regards to the football side of things and their only focus seems to be infrastructure and "building for the future" let me tell you something, if trickle down economics has taught me anything, that future never fucking arrives, ever.

They will keep doing what they are doing until they feel the asset isn't worth it and then they will sell, they will NEVER be the owners we need to move to the next level and anybody believing in the "long game" at this point will believe pigs can fly.

ENIC, imo, have no intention of changing their model, Levy has made that very clear.

Guardiola
Klopp
Pochettinho

Drop a level
Nagelsmann
Bielsa (with caveats)
Tuchel
Nuno

Ten Hag
Leko
Calleja
Kohfeldt

Keep an eye out for:
Lampard
Arteta
Howe
Van Bronckhorst
Wicky

Out of interest, why is Kohfeldt in that list? Not exactly tearing it up with Werder Bremen. There must be more managers out there who would be ahead of him.

Or is this something to do with a certain style of management?

Back
Top Bottom