Kane Is Going Nowhere This Summer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally I think any prospect of player exchange should increase the asking price.

E.G. 150m cash / 200m part.ex
Or he could tell Harry that he wants another season out of him but from that interview with Neville the cunt didn’t he imply that he’s already done that

Levy has the whip hand though imv

Or he could tell Harry that he wants another season out of him but from that interview with Neville the cunt didn’t he imply that he’s already done that

Levy has the whip hand though imv

Didn't watch it tbh.... What will be will be; but yeh, would assume Levy will be looking to get another year out of him.....

Whether he likes it or not Harry has kinda become our 'Zaha' (minus the annoying cry-face of course!).

Didn't watch it tbh.... What will be will be; but yeh, would assume Levy will be looking to get another year out of him.....

Whether he likes it or not Harry has kinda become our 'Zaha' (minus the annoying cry-face of course!).
He doesn’t go down as much either
Just the odd strategic foul!

I don't get all of the fuzz around Harry.

He absolutely is world class striker. And best player we have. Clearly best striker I have witnessed playing for Spurs and could very well hold this title for long time.

But don't pretend like world would collapse if he'd leave this summer. Club is always bigger than the player and maybe at times it is needed to sell stars to shake things up. Liverpool won nothing with Suarez and Coutinho at their ranks, but became dominant side in Europe after both had been sold for heavy money.

I admit - our recruiting department has been poor of late. And it includes buying strikers.

But if Harry wants to leave and there is someone who is willing to cough up serious money (150m plus), then let's part ways in friendly fashion. Otherwise we will have the same situation we had with Alli or Eriksen - players who could have been sold for 100 mEUR when they still had fire in them. One left for 20 mil and other ain't worth much more now.

Can't cling on to specific players. That is desperate and mentality of inferiority. Chelsea sold Hazard, ManU sold Ronaldo, Pool sold Coutinho and Suarez...etc. All of them have been successful after that. But for some reason we need to cling to our players like extremely desperate 18yo girls who believe that "If he leaves me, I will never find new BF again". FFS, get over it.

I don't get all of the fuzz around Harry.

He absolutely is world class striker. And best player we have. Clearly best striker I have witnessed playing for Spurs and could very well hold this title for long time.

But don't pretend like world would collapse if he'd leave this summer. Club is always bigger than the player and maybe at times it is needed to sell stars to shake things up. Liverpool won nothing with Suarez and Coutinho at their ranks, but became dominant side in Europe after both had been sold for heavy money.

I admit - our recruiting department has been poor of late. And it includes buying strikers.

But if Harry wants to leave and there is someone who is willing to cough up serious money (150m plus), then let's part ways in friendly fashion. Otherwise we will have the same situation we had with Alli or Eriksen - players who could have been sold for 100 mEUR when they still had fire in them. One left for 20 mil and other ain't worth much more now.

Can't cling on to specific players. That is desperate and mentality of inferiority. Chelsea sold Hazard, ManU sold Ronaldo, Pool sold Coutinho and Suarez...etc. All of them have been successful after that. But for some reason we need to cling to our players like extremely desperate 18yo girls who believe that "If he leaves me, I will never find new BF again". FFS, get over it.

Generally I agree.... Fair to say Harry is a bit of a special case though (sentimentality speaking)..

I think Kane was at least as important to our rise from 5th/6th team to title contenders and CL finalists as Poch was.

Poch has gone.

Kane is going.

Be afraid.

Who Harry?
B9TdcTiCQAAXjC1.jpg

Last edited:
If he does go for £120m, we should replace him with Vlahovic and Isak who will be £90m combined. Both superb prospects. Re-sign Bale on loan, and our attack would still be world class.

£30m spare can be spent on Locatelli. Midfield sorted.

Revenue from Aurier, Edwards, Sanchez, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Lucas will be £80m.
Spend £100m on 3 world class defenders; 2 CBs and a RB.

PL title should be sealed by April. Let first team squad get extended holiday from April, youngsters can win Europa Conference League.
Spurs Splash £220M; Dinosaur Alien Lair Discovered in Kent

:levylol:

I think he'll go sadly. Pragmatism will win out and we'll cash in. I can see us taking it to the brink and it screwing up all other recruitment.

While watching the Euro's I realised no one is going to pay 100M+ for Kane a player turning 28 with two dodgy ankles. As great as a player Kane the only two clubs that can afford what we want for Kane and that is Chelsea and Man City. Man City already have an age problem with a few members of their squad and they are not going to take a risk when they have to offload Gundogan and Mahrez before their value drops.

Kane isn't leaving this summer but he should.

I fell sorry for Kane having to put up with Levy's bullshit for another year when he should succeeding and winning trophies.

He couldn't have given us anymore under the circumstances.

I wouldn't be so confident. Levy usually shits himself. See Bale, Modric, Berbatov etc. He gets alot of credit for being hard nosed but he's actually a big bald wet wipe who collapses under pressure.

Is anyone looking at the club this evening and thinking Kane is wrong for wanting to escape?
:kanehand:

Kane has already left in his mind.

Levy will keep him here but if you think Harry will return Harry you are gravely mistaken.

Imagine being in the top ten players of the world and told Gattuso is now your manager.

I will start a leaflet campaign to free him.

Back
Top Bottom