Kane Is Going Nowhere This Summer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane has already left in his mind.

Levy will keep him here but if you think Harry will return Harry you are gravely mistaken.

Imagine being in the top ten players of the world and told Gattuso is now your manager.

I will start a leaflet campaign to free him.
We're all armchair analysts on this one, ultimately, but it's not hard to believe he's mentally checked out. If that's the case then we absolutely need to sell him at peak value before it affects his performances (what kind of Kane would we get if he's terrified of injuries) and before he's down to 2 years on the contract.

When our managerial search suddenly included Poch and Conte I thought maybe, maybe Harry would be willing to give us another season.

Even though I want Ten Hag, I felt like he wouldn't be enough to make him want to stay.

Gattuso is a fucking farce.

We're all armchair analysts on this one, ultimately, but it's not hard to believe he's mentally checked out. If that's the case then we absolutely need to sell him at peak value before it affects his performances (what kind of Kane would we get if he's terrified of injuries) and before he's down to 2 years on the contract.

When our managerial search suddenly included Poch and Conte I thought maybe, maybe Harry would be willing to give us another season.

Even though I want Ten Hag, I felt like he wouldn't be enough to make him want to stay.

Gattuso is a fucking farce.

truth is mate as an armchair analyst I can see nothing to persuade Kane to stay Under Levy.

I really can’t think of a thing. Conte with a load of dough, or like you say Poch returning and building the team around him. Again. But thats pie in the sky. Under Levy.

My theorem was sell him for 100 to 120m and give potter those funds. See what he could do.

That was the only rational thing I could see that moved us forward after he said he wanted out.

keeping him for another season would be damaging to Harry and to the club imo. Levy doesn’t seem to think more than 24 hours in advance though

I think there is very little left of the club for Kane to associate with or even recognise.

We feel like a bit of a corporate, soulless empty shell of a football team both on the pitch and in the boardroom.

I think even the fans are as checked out as I can ever remember (understandably so, thanks ENIC)

In what way did he shit the bed with Modric?

kept him for one more season. Sure as spurs fans we say he stopped him from going Chelsea but we lost 37m on the deal and had a sad Morris that only played 17 games who wasn’t committed

madrid would have paid double what we got.

kept him for one more season. Sure as spurs fans we say he stopped him from going Chelsea but we lost 37m on the deal and had a sad Morris that only played 17 games who wasn’t committed

I don't understand where you're coming from. He played well for us that season and we sold him for 30m which was a pretty penny at the time.

So RM offered 70m the year before we sold him (news to me, but OK....)?

....And despite this and him saying he wanted the 50m move to Chelski, we kept him because WE wanted to and also shut down any chance of a move to an EPL big-knob.

How on earth is that "shitting the bed" in the manner the other bloke implied?

If anything (unlike the thrust of the blokes post) that scenario would see Kane stay would it not?

(I not sure you have the gist of the posts you've replied to.)

....And despite this and him saying he wanted the 50m move to Chelski, we kept him because WE wanted to and also shut down any chance of a move to an EPL big-knob.

If anything (unlike the thrust of the blokes post) that scenario would see Kane stay would it not?
Chelsea opened at less than 30m and offered 40m on deadline day. We turned them down, got his services for another year, and sold him to Madrid the next summer for 30m.

People just rewriting history over here to drag Levy, when actually the Modric transfer was one of his better moments.

Don't really want to engage your strawman argument mate. I implied that if a player wants out with Levy they get their way. Berbatov did, Modric did and Bale did.

In our current financial situation we are even weaker than we were then.

Don't really want to engage your strawman argument mate. I implied that if a player wants out with Levy they get their way. Berbatov did, Modric did and Bale did.

LoL.... That's not a strawman. If anything you're either a) moving the goalposts or b) have a poor grasp of the thread you're refuting..

Most players get their way eventually..... What Levy did with Modric is about as good as it gets once they're dead set on leaving.

seew......we sold modric. A wantaway player inevitably sold for 30m for a player in a price bid war the season before with Chelsea and Madrid......

we sold him the season he was worth 30m at a time his stock was 75m.

i don’t knowyour point

seew......we sold modric. A wantaway player inevitably sold for 30m for a player in a price bid war the season before with Chelsea and Madrid......

we sold him the season he was worth 30m at a time his stock was 75m.

i don’t knowyour point

75m according to who/what?

Who according to your version bid what in this so called bidding war in the first summer?

Even as excitable fans, we were only valuing him at circa 50m.

75m according to who/what?

Who according to your version bid what in this so called bidding war in the first summer?

Even as excitable fans, we were only valuing him at circa 50m.
Only way Modric would ever be worth 75m is if we opened up a time warp and dragged him here from 2012.

Prices were half what they are today.

Only way Modric would ever be worth 75m is if we opened up a time warp and dragged him here from 2012.

Prices were half what they are today.

Would have likely been 3rd most expensive signing ever behind CR7 and Kaka at that price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom