Kion Etete

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems to be going well for him at Cheltenham, hopefully impresses in the summer and either stays at the club or a championship loan.
A Championship loan sounds nice. If he is is able to fight it out with rough defenders in the Championship for a season he'll do well as a backup in the PL later.

Hopefully we already have some feelers out at various clubs. If Brereton leaves Blackburn in the summer that could be a good loan destination. They seem to be really good at developing strikers.

A Championship loan sounds nice. If he is is able to fight it out with rough defenders in the Championship for a season he'll do well as a backup in the PL later.

Hopefully we already have some feelers out at various clubs. If Brereton leaves Blackburn in the summer that could be a good loan destination. They seem to be really good at developing strikers.
Even Norwich might be a good move

I think this is underrated in the lower divisions. He's already up against defenders for whom relegation is an absolutely disaster.

These aren't PL guys on £3m a year. Relegation? Pfft. Just get the agent to move me to another PL team. What's the problem?

In the division he's in these guys will have mortgages ex-wives school fees etc that a drop in wages will greatly affect.

What's the situation with Kion Etete now and have Spurs given him the all-clear yet?

Still waiting. We don't know if he'll be available and it's out of our hands at the minute. He is Tottenham's player and they'll decide when he can return or not return. At the minute, I don't know, which is frustrating. Kion has been excellent since he came in and he and Alfie have struck up a relationship.

So you have had Kion Etete scanned, Spurs have had him scanned and you are now waiting for the green light for his return to action?

Yes, their radiologist's report is slightly different to what ours is so they want to go and have a look at him, so he's been back there. They've decided he needs an injection, but it's when that injection happens and that will dictate when he can play because there are protocols to jump through. I genuinely am in the dark over it, but we'll probably find out more on Thursday afternoon. He's a good player and he's been excellent for us. We've been good for him as well. He's definitely a really good foil for Alfie because he holds the ball up, he can run in behind and he can threaten a goal. I'd imagine he's been involved in three or four of Alfie's goals at least, with Kion putting them on a plate for him.

What's the situation with Kion Etete now and have Spurs given him the all-clear yet?

Still waiting. We don't know if he'll be available and it's out of our hands at the minute. He is Tottenham's player and they'll decide when he can return or not return. At the minute, I don't know, which is frustrating. Kion has been excellent since he came in and he and Alfie have struck up a relationship.

So you have had Kion Etete scanned, Spurs have had him scanned and you are now waiting for the green light for his return to action?

Yes, their radiologist's report is slightly different to what ours is so they want to go and have a look at him, so he's been back there. They've decided he needs an injection, but it's when that injection happens and that will dictate when he can play because there are protocols to jump through. I genuinely am in the dark over it, but we'll probably find out more on Thursday afternoon. He's a good player and he's been excellent for us. We've been good for him as well. He's definitely a really good foil for Alfie because he holds the ball up, he can run in behind and he can threaten a goal. I'd imagine he's been involved in three or four of Alfie's goals at least, with Kion putting them on a plate for him.

Is it bad that this (edit: I've put it in blue in the quote) fills me with dread and that I have more faith in Cheltenham Town's medical department than our own

Latest ahead of Cheltenham's next game tomorrow (22nd)

Is Kion Etete's situation any closer to being resolved?

No. It's a strange one and we are still in Tottenham's hands. It's been a breakdown in communication over the weekend. I have no idea where we are with it, which is frustrating. He won't be available on Tuesday, but hopefully he will be for Sheffield Wednesday, but it depends when they release him back to us. The focus is Tuesday and he won't be a part of it, so we'll pick it up later in the week.

Is our medical department just weird...??

There's often an additional 'mystery' or something unexplained with many of our injuries...

Yes, players get injured at every club on the planet, but ours always seem to experience some extra unessesary drama...

Rip up the entire medical department and start anew.

Usually I’m all in in that. However, he’s first full season, playing a target man/tough as fuck, position, for a body still developing tweak stengths.

2x his calcium, magnesium, MSM on point with fats/diet recovery, no problem.

Might just be body signalling more recovery time, hopefully.

Full circle though, yeah can see Conte being pretty irate behind scenes.

Is our medical department just weird...??

There's often an additional 'mystery' or something unexplained with many of our injuries...

Yes, players get injured at every club on the planet, but ours always seem to experience some extra unessesary drama...

Said it, about 100,000 times. Think they are fine “Medically” but in peripheral fine margin support, chronic lacking…

No chance, before Conte, did we have elite nutrition and recovery… rumours summer was him wanting to bring his was why Levy stalled and talks failed (plus he couldn’t come up with the £150m he was likely demanding on transfers, of course).

Usually I’m all in in that. However, he’s first full season, playing a target man/tough as fuck, position, for a body still developing tweak stengths.

2x his calcium, magnesium, MSM on point with fats/diet recovery, no problem.

Might just be body signalling more recovery time, hopefully.

Full circle though, yeah can see Conte being pretty irate behind scenes.
Another relevant quote from the Cheltenhams manager's prematch press conference today:

Is it a risk with younger players that he might be just coming out of growing pains almost?

I don't think so because you don't worry that Kion has just had his growth spurt. He is 19 years old, he has a better beard than I have and he's been 6ft 5in for about five years, so I don't think it's anything like that! Sometimes it's luck, sometimes it's them learning how to be a pro and about their body. It's all sorts of different factors and that's not age dependent. It's just frustrating because the physical presence we've look for in Dan [Nlundulu] and Kion, they've both proved they can do it and they both got injured. You could play them both up top, Charlie [Brown] or Alfie [May] in behind, you could play one off the other and those sort of variations and options we've had have been taken away from us, so that is frustrating but there is nothing you can do about it and you crack on as we have done.

Forgot he was soo young… had him 20 going on 21. Played a lot of games…

They better not push him too much, know your body lad and don’t play with pain!!!

Forgot he was soo young… had him 20 going on 21. Played a lot of games…

They better not push him too much, know your body lad and don’t play with pain!!!
Etete dob 28/11/2001 Age: 20
Parrott dob 4/2/2002 Age: 20
Scarlett dob 24/3/2004 Age: 18
Donley dob 3/1/2005 Age: 17

Etete dob 28/11/2001 Age: 20
Parrott dob 4/2/2002 Age: 20
Scarlett dob 24/3/2004 Age: 18
Donley dob 3/1/2005 Age: 17
Stacked, if one can stake a claim next season, might not need to spend much up too for 5-8years (even if only one makes squad for 2-3years, they all look Prem quality if lifestyle variables go their way, should generate good £ if not room for them here).

Just need the same in MF and Defence now…

Back
Top Bottom