Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 8 May | 12.30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leeds the better side, fully deserving of their win.

We competed better in 2nd half.

Leeds simply the better coached side, no shock in that observation at all. Quite noticeable how much fitter, sharper and more aggressive than us. Again, not a major shock given how we've been asked to play and train for the two seasons.
Or that our players are shit and dont care possibly

As bad as we were, you really have to question the agenda of these clowns on VAR. That third goal was barely looked at.
The standard of refereeing is absolute dogshit.
The commentary didn't even expect their 3rd goal to go to VARce cos it was so OBVIOUSLY offside..... apparently not.

Kane's chin however seems to have flagged up VAR warming signs everywhere!

Fucking joke!
....anyways, we were already beaten, 2-2 woulda been short-lived, as they'd have been gifted a 3rd....

We're our own worst enemy!

This right here is the product of not knowing how to run a successful football club and the slowly decline since 2018...Rome wasn’t built in a day and the effects of poor decision making when your within touching distance 3 years ago is starting to bare fruit.....
Likewise Liverpool started making good decisions years before they became dominant.

I've been trying to put my finger on it but the best comparison I could make is that as far as the 'big boys' go (Woolwich-aside) we run our club comparably like West Ham. And now this season's table is ruining that particular analogy.
:mourpoint:

Reading some crazy comments before the game on here.
People thinking Leeds will just roll over for us.
People thinking they will run out of steam.

Who looked the more energised today? Who looked like they were fighting for a CL place?

We turned up thinking it'll be easy. No such thing in the PL. They have a good record against the top teams at home why didn't we show any urgency or bravery to win the game cowardly performance. Epitomised by a lack of footballing ability in midfield.

Skipp and Bissouma midfield is what I want to see there next season. Fucking Hojbjerg isn't someone we need to have in midfield if we want to play possession style. The forward players don't get the ball because the 2 DMs arent able to progress the ball to them from the defence. It's just lump it from the back.

Levy can get fucked if he thinks I'm paying £60 for the Villa game.

Both VAR decisions were a joke! Paul Tierney is one of the worst of a bad bunch and we barely got a second to see his VAR decision of the 3rd goal.

Eric Dier cost Spurs all three goals and he cannot wear the shirt again. That said, Spurs were lethargic and not even running sometimes. They hardly put two passes together in the Leeds half and were off target with most of their shots. Mason will regret this show as it probably has cost him the chance of getting the job permanently.

No energy, no fight, and a cheating VAR.

Back
Top Bottom