Levy / ENIC OUT? New Poll 2020

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ENIC / Levy Out?

• Total voters
200.gif

I picked "IN" as I don't want an oligarch to come in here and just make us like the rest of the big clubs.

They fucked us due to some years of stagnancy, but I believe they have also done a lot for the club. I want us to become a BD type of club and think we can get there with these owners. They just have to buy into that model, which seems right up the alley of these investment type of fucks running the club.

If this season does go tits up then it could be a monumental implosion for the club. I can see Jose being sacked, Kane, Son and a couple of others handing in transfer requests, fans in revolt and the pressure reaching cracking point for Levy and his motley crew.
20/21 could turn out to be a pivotal year in the future of this wonderful football club. I'd hate to see us go down in flames but then again as I know only too well

(I come in right at the end of this clip :thumbup:)

Maybe it will all turn out for the best.

Liverpool haven't been cash cows in many respects.

Liverpool have spent exactly "Whatever It Takes Pounds"

They had it, they knew they had it, and they spent more than Spurs' record transfer fee on a goalkeeper, and a net spend of almost 150 million in one window because that's what was necessary to kick on.

We were in that position once. But no longer. It's a MUCH more expensive rebuild now if we're ever to sniff the PL title, which is transparently not the intention of our ownership so it's not even really worth talking about.

But even a real cup threat looks a nine figure sum that doesn't start with a 1 away on today's evidence.

Again that is just the financial reality of the Premier League in 2020. Put up or shut up, the Business Fairy isn't coming to console you.

Why do this? Its a futile question whether ENIC should be in or not. They are, end of discussion.

Last I saw we are valued at 1.6 billion, up significantly from years ago. Profits are up. But Levy and Lewis should go because TFC has a poll. This is Spammer level stuff.

Does anyone seriously think they can force owners out by an online poll, a march of 9 people, or fans protesting? How has it worked against the Glazers? GSB?
It is all a pointless question.

I can't help but think this season if it fails then the whole structure collapses. ENIC will see it as financially prudent to get out before the squad stars demand transfers and the fans revolt.
Now I know we've joked about Jeff Bezos but after his company's recent documentary he will have a good insight about the workings of a Premier club. I'm sure he will have had the chance to see every bit of film, not just the edits that we watch.
Maybe, just maybe (let me dream here) he will decide to try his hand at owning a club. The ground is not a concern so it's basically the right manager and players to complement it. That requires good advice and loads of cash. He has access to both.
Just a thought to cheer myself up after a weekend that sees Woolwich go top and Spurs make 17th spot.
Yes nurse, I'll go back to my ward now.

They have done some things ok but 20 years is a long time and they've gone massively stale. We still operate in the market like its 2004 and we can go and nab Defoe, Robinson, Carrick etc on the cheap from cash strapped clubs. There seems little or no planning and not backing Poch properly in 2016/ 2017 was unforgiveable. The same problems have been with us for years, dont move players on quickly enough, late panic buys, lack of ambition and vision. The amazon doc just highlights the whole ramshackle, amarteurish looking set up on the football side in these days of clubs operating like the slick, billionaire businessess that they are. Its time for change.

ENIC should have got out when the stock of the team was high. They have no funds to do a rebuild that's why we got Gedson for a 2 million loan and are looking to buy Sloth from crystal palace, who can't even get into their team. Loss revenue from coronavirus and no champions league revenue, can't raise funds from player sales because nobody wants them, we are in big trouble.
Spot on, this has got all the hallmarks of what has happened at United. Leveraged the club with huge amounts of debt to generate record profits that go straight to the shareholders. The stadium now looks like a horrendous investment (unless a vaccine is found ASAP) and it is telling that we still cannot find a sponsor for "The best football stadium in the world".

The other problem I see is ENIC demanding a sale price that is unachievable (I would guess £1.5bn or above) and with outstanding loans at £800m who has the appetite to buy? This year is going to be huge for the club off the pitch and it is clearly going to need ENIC to put money into the club at some stage.

The no trophy thing hurts a lot, of course, but lets look at it a bit more rationally. We've chucked domestic cups and Europa League games with half arsed effort ever since Harry Redknapp. It continued through Sherwood and it's a stain on Pochettinos otherwise excellent record. So we weren't interested. But some people seem to think that winning a Carling Cup would be a bigger deal than reaching a Champions League final. It's not. We were targeting the biggest trophies of all in an era where City have unlimited spending power on the back of Chelsea having the same.

We punched massively above our weight under Poch, a bit more investment might have got us a title and that's devastating. What hurts for me is that we gave up on that. Levy has invested in Mourinho and we're fucked until this is over in my opinion. No amount of edited Amazon footage is going to change my mind.

Gonna guess the fans at the ground today with the Levy out banner aren’t members of this forum......

An empty stadium post covid restrictions could force any owners out....Man Utd fans are addicted to castle grey skull they couldn’t stay away....truth be told they hadn't the stomach for it and just dined on success for the past 20 years, give Utd fans 10 years of flirting with the top 4 instead of challenging for silver and the Glaziers may be gone before we know it...
They still have won trophies under the glaziers & got big exciting signings & now CL football & look on the rise. Unlikely not to get top 4 again.

ENIC/Levy were an improvement on Sugar which isn't saying much. They've obviously improved the infrastructure to a massive degree which is a good legacy. They also took us to the Champions League - more by luck than judgement, but they still did it.

In the shit collumn, they have under-invested in the squad in multiple windows. Fucked up major transfers (Eden Hazard, Luis Suarez, Grealish, Bruno Fernandes, Dybala to name a few). Fucked over our best manager since Burkinshaw by not cutting our losses (rose, eriksen et al) and not backing him in two windows.

Additionally, the way they do business towards the end of a window to save money has ruined our season starting several times. Also, not remunerating players properly like Luka Modric who was desperate to go to Chelsea in 2010/11 for an ability appropriate contract. If he had been on a proper contract it may have stopped him going to Madrid when he did.

Overall, I want ENIC gone because we have won nothing in 2 decades. They continue to be difficult to negotiate with and cheap/weak in the market failing to provide their managers the tools they need; Redknapp and Pochettino being the worst cases. They've sacked lots of managers, directors of football, coaches, trainers etc, with no success, so it should be them who leave as it is clear they have run their course.

Nevertheless, and regardless of the majority of fans' views, I don't see how we can get them to go because they own the club. I don't see a line of willing buyers who would invest massively in the squad and who would want to negotiate with Daniel Levy and Joe Lewis. Levy will obviously want far over the market value for the club and assets, like he does with any player he sells.

Newcastle fans have wanted Mike Ashley out for years and years, he is still there. We've sadly got the same problem.

Unfortunately we don't have unlimited money. A lot is made out of the tranferless windows - yes we didn't buy, but we also didn't sell when we could have. Those assets have now depreciated and/or gone. That "lost" value is an expense.

Should we have bought players then? Yes. But you have to be realistic in knowing that doing so would have meant selling as well. Would we have ended up in the CL final had we done that? Perhaps...but perhaps not.

Expecting Uncle Joe to just liquidate his estate to buy footballers, however, is stupid and its not going to happen. So feeling hard done by ENIC because they force Spurs to live within our means is pretty foolish. Our next owners won't be any different.

We came close and fell short. It hurts. But its not Levy's fault that football has become such a reprehensible money laundering scheme.

Absolute shit 💩💩💩

Back
Top Bottom