Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You really think hearing the fans' discontent week after week did nothing to hasten his change in direction? Come on.

I don't think he did that because of the fans, no, the wheels were set in motion way before the fan discontent last season.

He's not on a sabotage mission - people carry on as if he wants to destroy the club. Levy cares about his club but like I always say his execution and priorities are shocking.

Because there's absolutely nothing the fans can do to force him out. But the relentless criticism that gets publicised in the media is bound to have an impact on his decision making with regards to the football club, as it would in any other business or corporation.

The fans are passive now because there has been an upturn in form compared to last season and a popular new manager has breathed some fresh air into the club.
But if the fans were as passive as you and others would like, even through the horrific slump and countless debacles we've seen in recent years, there would be absolutely zero pressure on him to make any positive change.

You probably think that individual players or managers shouldn't be above criticism, but you seem to think the chairman / Owners should be simply on the basis that they can't be removed.

I just find that a bizarre position to take.

Our fans are always passive, they've been passive during our perceived bad moments. The amount of times I hear that this is ENIC's last chance and then BOOM....absolutely nothing happens, wasn't Conte meant to be the time where if ENIC failed him we were supposed to riot, what happened to that then? The height of our protests co-incided with about 3000 fans bored and desperate for a day out during COVID for Levy trying to put us in the ESL.

I've still not seen a proper protest by our fans and by that I mean a significant amount of people turning up and all pulling in the same direction, I've not seen fans even organise anything consistent or coordinated. The trust were meant to have a protest earlier in the season but ended up going to the pub with their mates instead.

You say that criticism is relentless, I mean it's not though is it, the board aren't going to feel a few tweets from angry fans during the transfer window or when we lose, they're not goin go to care about that and as much as you think those Levy out chants affected him to the point where he looked at himself in the mirror, the chances are that he realised he fucked up himself and made a decision to do something about the situation.

The perception from the outside by the way is that Spurs fans are very happy with ENIC and those who want them out is just a loud minority and that's because of how the fans react when things are going well compared to when things are going badly. The stadium is getting filled week in week out, fans are buying merchandise, tickets are being sold, that all points to a load of happy fans.

Even when you look at the coverage we are getting this season from the media, you would never think we have a significant section of our fans who want the owners out, all we see from the media's eyes are happy punters and that's mainly due to the fact that we are playing well and are all behind the club and pulling in the same direction and that means from their eyes the vast vast majority of fans are behind the board, like it or not.

Not sure what the bolded parts are about...?

The fact that our squad is so shallow is a disgrace imo.

Our squad is shallow due to years of shoddy players mismanagement, that's where the anger should lie.

Our squad is light but it's in healthy condition and compared to where we were last May came out of this transfer window pretty positively, aside from the backup CB issue we're in a good place.

The fact that we have recruited well has played a big part as to why Ange has hit the ground running.

I don't think he did that because of the fans, no, the wheels were set in motion way before the fan discontent last season.
“I want to win as much as everybody else, but the frustration of not winning and the pressure from, maybe some players and from a large element of the fanbase that we need to win, we need to spend money, we need to have a big manager, we need to have a big name – it affected me,”

“I want to win as much as everybody else, but the frustration of not winning and the pressure from, maybe some players and from a large element of the fanbase that we need to win, we need to spend money, we need to have a big manager, we need to have a big name – it affected me,”

Who said that?

. The stadium is getting filled week in week out, fans are buying merchandise, tickets are being sold, that all points to a load of happy fans.
You could say exactly the same for Old Trafford, Anfield under the Gilette / Hicks era and for St James's Park throughout the Mike Ashley years.

So that argument doesn't even get off the ground I'm afraid.

Lifelong fans rarely turn their back on their club. In fact, the fans ARE the club

In an earlier post you said Levy isn't going anywhere, so there's no point moaning/complaining on the internet etc...
That seems to suggest you think he's above criticism based purely on the fact he has a job for life.

Where have I said that?

1) I said that you maybe you should accept the fact that they're not going anywhere, I didn't say there wasn't any point moaning on the Internet.

2) That doesn't mean I think he's above criticism especially when I criticise him myself?

You could say exactly the same for Old Trafford, Anfield under the Gilette / Hicks era and for St James's Park throughout the Mike Ashley years.

So that argument doesn't even get off the ground I'm afraid.

Lifelong fans rarely turn their back on their club. In fact, the fans ARE the club

You should stop picking random bits out of my posts and trying to change the context. :)

From the board's perspective if the stadium is being filled that means the fans are happy, those silly Levy out tweets and the fake outrage fans won't affect them, it's only when people stop turning up to matches they will see that as a problem because it affects their bottom line.

Back
Top Bottom