Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who said that?
Sir Daniel of Levy. Straight from the horses mouth. Irrefutable proof that fans have an impact on his decision making.

It got very noisy at the start of the year (Villa game?) and almost three months later, Conte's sacked. Of course fan discontent wasn't the only factor. The fear of losing out on his beloved CL income tipped him over the edge: "We have 10 Premier League games remaining and we have a fight on our hands for a Champions League place." But trying to discount fan discontent from the equation is somewhat inane.

For the record, I give the man full credit for turning the ship around. I'm loving the football and expect his new band of merry men to bring in some decent recruits this coming year. There's a clear path ahead and I'm enjoying the journey.

But if he fucks up - and he's the chief of the tribe - we know what song to expect ...

As well as job shaming, you're now adding lying to your repertoire :gallashmm:

That's a bit scummy don't you think?
Job shaming...
Issa Rae Lol GIF by MGM Studios

Soft cunt, fuck me you wouldn't have lasted five minutes back in the 80's you melt.

But you respond like that?

Bit needless isn't it?

Why are you so aggressive, we have opposing views on our owners on the internet mate, it's not that deep.
You want to play nice, I can play nice.

You'll have to stop the trolling and baiting of people when they are frustrated by the clubs lack of ambition though, and have some understanding when people are angry.

It's called passion.

The fact of the matter is, if Levy had shown a little bit more ambition and bought in another Centre back in the Summer instead of going into a season with only 2 recognised CB's. (to be fair Davies has done a decent job but we did have to resort to Dier and Emerson which cost us crucial points)

We could very easily have another 6 points under our belts, which suddenly puts us in the top 3.

We shoot ourselves in the foot.

We also need another CF, Son is fucking off to the Asia cup soon, we've been lucky he hasn't been injured. We could just be down Richy which would be disastrous.

He had a decent game the other night and maybe just maybe he's turned a corner. But I think it would be folly to be in a position where we are relying on him for the best part of a month during Asia Cup with no other options.

Let's see if Levy shows a bit of ambition in January because the noises I've heard so far are not promising.

You want to play nice, I can play nice.

You'll have to stop the trolling and baiting of people when they are frustrated by the clubs lack of ambition though, and have some understanding when people are angry.

That's fine but you need to stop getting personal and throwing around the sexual references, it's just really weird behavior and unnecessary.

It's called passion.

Passion?

thick cunt

Go and have a wannk about Rice scoring the winner.

How many wanks have you had over the Rice goal so far this week?

you absolute fucking tool

the sort of geezer who likes watching his wife get serviced.

you are a fucking idiot.

You are a sad little man

Soft cunt

And this is from the last two weeks, there's plenty more...I don't think you need me to go back and get those quotes either.

If you're up for a proper debate I'll probably take your arguments seriously if you cut down on the personal/weird shit. :thumbup:

The fact of the matter is, if Levy had shown a little bit more ambition and bought in another Centre back in the Summer instead of going into a season with only 2 recognised CB's. (to be fair Davies has done a decent job but we did have to resort to Dier and Emerson which cost us crucial points)

We could very easily have another 6 points under our belts, which suddenly puts us in the top 3.

That's not a fact, that's just pure speculation, you're speculating that we would be automatically better and would be 6 poitns better off, you don't know that.

I'm all for pointing fingers at ENIC for not bringing another CB in by the way and happy to accept that as criticism but you have to keep the same energy across the board. If your logic is that we would have been better off with proper CB cover then you should accept that it's a collective failure that Ange wanted Sanchez out and was happy to sanction the transfer, it's also on Romero for acting rash and getting himself sent off leaving us short in that area.

This is the problem with your argument it's incredibly myopic, you can't just blame one party and ignore the other factors, as I've always said everything this club comes down to is the collective, so the successes and the wins are down to everyone including the players/manager/board and its the same for when we lose or mess up.

Also ambition isn't just spending money for the sake of it IMO, it's such a subjective and mis-used term. Ambition for me is also backing the manager's vision and by all accounts he is incredibly happy with the state of the squad and has gone on record and said himself that you just simply can't do everything in one window, it's just not realistic.

We shoot ourselves in the foot.

We also need another CF, Son is fucking off to the Asia cup soon, we've been lucky he hasn't been injured. We could just be down Richy which would be disastrous.

He had a decent game the other night and maybe just maybe he's turned a corner. But I think it would be folly to be in a position where we are relying on him for the best part of a month during Asia Cup with no other options.

Let's see if Levy shows a bit of ambition in January because the noises I've heard so far are not promising.

You wanted another striker to come in, the manager wanted Johnson to cover the forward areas, we just have to accept that. What the board actually did was back the manager, something you guys have been asking them to do so what's the problem?

The striker we were heavily linked to is Orban who had a hot streak but he's been found out in the Belgian league, did you want us to buy him? Would you be happy for us to take a punt on a player who was a risk and then suddenly turned out to be crap?

If find the energy of Spurs fans who are so vehemently Levy out now a bit misplaced and a kinda forced, if you look at the state of our club currently we are back on the up, everything we have asked him to do he's done, he's put barriers in place between himself and the football side, he's improved the recruitment so that we have a strategy, he's put the focus back in the youth teams, he's hired a manager who plays on the front foot and has managed to get the fans back onside, we are a club on the up and that should be enough for people to accept that he's trying to change the outlook for this club.

But what I find a bit strange with you is that you predicted that we'd finish bottom half this season, we are actually over achieving massively according to your prediction so I don't see why you get so angry when we have set backs, you should in fact be satisfied because we are exceeding your expectations, you should be happy at our progress shouldn't you?

Last edited:
That's fine but you need to stop getting personal and throwing around the sexual references, it's just really weird behavior and unnecessary.

Passion?

And this is from the last two weeks, there's plenty more...I don't think you need me to go back and get those quotes either.

If you're up for a proper debate I'll probably take your arguments seriously if you cut down on the personal/weird shit. :thumbup:

That's not a fact, that's just pure speculation, you're speculating that we would be automatically better and would be 6 poitns better off, you don't know that.

I'm all for pointing fingers at ENIC for not bringing another CB in by the way and happy to accept that as criticism but you have to keep the same energy across the board. If your logic is that we would have been better off with proper CB cover then you should accept that it's a collective failure that Ange wanted Sanchez out and was happy to sanction the transfer, it's also on Romero for acting rash and getting himself sent off leaving us short in that area.

This is the problem with your argument it's incredibly myopic, you can't just blame one party and ignore the other factors, as I've always said everything this club comes down to is the collective, so the successes and the wins are down to everyone including the players/manager/board and its the same for when we lose or mess up.

Also ambition isn't just spending money for the sake of it IMO, it's such a subjective and mis-used term. Ambition for me is also backing the manager's vision and by all accounts he is incredibly happy with the state of the squad and has gone on record and said himself that you just simply can't do everything in one window, it's just not realistic.

You wanted another striker to come in, the manager wanted Johnson to cover the forward areas, we just have to accept that. What the board actually did was back the manager, something you guys have been asking them to do so what's the problem?

The striker we were heavily linked to is Orban who had a hot streak but he's been found out in the Belgian league, did you want us to buy him? Would you be happy for us to take a punt on a player who was a risk and then suddenly turned out to be crap?

If find the energy of Spurs fans who are so vehemently Levy out now a bit misplaced and a kinda forced, if you look at the state of our club currently we are back on the up, everything we have asked him to do he's done, he's put barriers in place between himself and the football side, he's improved the recruitment so that we have a strategy, he's put the focus back in the youth teams, he's hired a manager who plays on the front foot and has managed to get the fans back onside, we are a club on the up and that should be enough for people to accept that he's trying to change the outlook for this club.

But what I find a bit strange with you is that you predicted that we'd finish bottom half this season, we are actually over achieving massively according to your prediction so I don't see why you get so angry when we have set backs, you should in fact be satisfied because we are exceeding your expectations, you should be happy at our progress shouldn't you?

I did criticize Romero for getting sent off, I was very scathing about him. And as for selling Sanchez I wasn't particularly happy about it at the time because time was running out in the window and I was sceptical that we would sign another CB after VDV.

Sanchez was often an accident waiting to happen but I'd still prefer him to Dier any day of the week and twice on Sundays. He also would have fitted the high line a lot better as he's quicker, more physical and generally better in 1v1's. He also had a good pre-season in Ange's system. If it was really Ange's decision to offload Sanchez then yeah it was a dumb move without getting in another backup and he takes as much criticism as Levy for that.

So I'm not sure where you get the impression that I don't criticise others around the club. It's all there in black and white.

Having said that reading between the lines the reason Ange was happy to sanction the selling of Sanchez is he's been told as he mentioned in his presser during the summer and re-iterated recently. that we need to trim a lot of chaff from the squad before we look at incomings.
He was probably thinking if we get Sanchez off the books that could lead to a better CB coming in. And that's what should have happened and you don't seem to be disagreeing with me on that score.

I didn't want Orban, never said I wanted him. Not sure why you are referencing him. There is a big wide world of strikers we could have gone for. But that's not for us fans that's for the scouting team isn't it?
Use all the wondrous technology and find somebody who fits Ange's system.

Johnson scored what about 6 goals last year for Forest? As I've said before I like the lad - I think he has potential and I acnowledge that Ange wanted him, but he wanted him on the wings providing assists and chipping in with hopefully 10 or so goals. He is not going to slot into CF and do the same job as a Son, so that just leaves us with Richarlison when Son is away. That could be a disastrous month for us. That isn't a big logical leap.

When we sold Kane I was kind of resigned to it and I said at the time that it was fine providing we could make his goals up in the round. We were never going to attract a player as good as Kane to do the same job that was obvious. So what you do instead is you pick up another solid striker worth 10-15 consistent PL goals, between him, Son and Richarlison you have a little bit of cover. And you have the goals coming in from the wide areas from the likes of Kulu and BJ.

Ange's system also means you are getting goals from your full backs and its all adding up to replacing the 25 goals you've lost from Kane. But you still need Son chipping in with his share and if he's injured we are basically fucked.

We are in short at CF, I don't think that's even seriously debatable. Hell, people were crying out for a backup to Kane and Son for window after window before we even lost Kane. So we are in an even worse place in that particular position in the side now. Why?

I think you have to look at the chairman.

Ambition doesn't neccessarily need to be about spending £100m on a Rice... although by your own statement that's probably going to be a difference maker for that lot up the road
:sonhmm:

You are right it means getting the players that the manager wants that fit his system.
These players could be £20m pound "cheap" players if they are the right fit. But they have to be the right fit for the here and now, and not just cheap because Levy loves the bargain bucket.
Let's not pretend he doesn't, he has a looooong track record of this.

I can guarantee if you gave Ange a quality backup CB and CF tomorrow he would be delighted with that.

He's not "happy" with the squad he's just playing the hand he has been dealt as part of what was agreed between him and Levy at his job interview.

He's not got the currency in the bank to start making demands, he keeps re-iterating the same point that we need players to go out and we need to work with what he have and develop young players.

This is the mission statement as laid out by Levy. Because Levy doesn't want to spend money. He wants to do the bare minimum. He wants another Poch that will squeeze 110% out of every player and get us back into the top 4 which will keep the wolf from his door and keep the stadium packed with tourists.

That's the reality.

If you can't see that then we are never going to agree. But it's just so in your face that this is the way the club is being run. I can't help you if you can't see it.

As for my prediction, I simply had no idea just how good Ange and some of the new aquisitions would be. Nobody could honestly claim they could see the 360 degree turnaround from the dour football of the last season to this. I'm still dissappointed though. It's just a real shame that we didn't supplement the squad a little more, you never know what we may have achieved.

That last sentence is the story of ENIC through most of their tenure.

Last edited:
I did criticize Romero for getting sent off, I was very scathing about him. And as for selling Sanchez I wasn't particularly happy about it at the time because time was running out in the window and I was sceptical that we would sign another CB after VDV.

Sanchez was often an accident waiting to happen but I'd still prefer him to Dier any day of the week and twice on Sundays. He also would have fitted the high line a lot better as he's quicker, more physical and generally better in 1v1's. He also had a good pre-season in Ange's system. If it was really Ange's decision to offload Sanchez then yeah it was a dumb move without getting in another backup and he takes as much criticism as Levy for that.

So I'm not sure where you get the impression that I don't criticise others around the club. It's all there in black and white.

You don't know where I got the impression, you literally said this mate, "fact of the matter"

Thus putting the blame solely on Levy, but it's fine you have now relented in your position and accepted that it's more of a collective reason as to why we found ourselves in this position as opposed to possibly picking up more points so fair play.

Having said that reading between the lines the reason Ange was happy to sanction the selling of Sanchez is he's been told as he mentioned in his presser during the summer and re-iterated recently. that we need to trim a lot of chaff from the squad before we look at incomings.
He was probably thinking if we get Sanchez off the books that could lead to a better CB coming in. And that's what should have happened and you don't seem to be disagreeing with me on that score.

You do realise that we sold Sanchez after the transfer window closed don't you? (The Turkish window was still open) Therefore we wouldn't be able to get a replacement in until January so it wouldn't make a difference anyway - so in that case If you acknowledge that Ange was happy to sanction the Sanchez sale then you ought to read between the lines and accept that he knows that this team is at the beginning of a rebuild and he needs to reshape the squad - Selling Sanchez is apart of the plan that he's on board with.

I didn't want Orban, never said I wanted him. Not sure why you are referencing him. There is a big wide world of strikers we could have gone for. But that's not for us fans that's for the scouting team isn't it?
Use all the wondrous technology and find somebody who fits Ange's system.

He was an example but if I recall he was the only striker we were heavily linked to.

But if you can't think of anyone else that would come in then the chances are that there was no-one obvious on the market that obviously sticks out. Ange was happy to have Son as his striker which made complete sense and why not?, he's one of the best finishers in the league and 2nd best striker behind Haaland in that respect and you can't say he was wrong either.

Johnson scored what about 6 goals last year for Forest? As I've said before I like the lad - I think he has potential and I acnowledge that Ange wanted him, but he wanted him on the wings providing assists and chipping in with hopefully 10 or so goals. He is not going to slot into CF and do the same job as a Son, so that just leaves us with Richarlison when Son is away. That could be a disastrous month for us. That isn't a big logical leap.

Johnson isn't the direct Kane replacement obviously but Johnson was bought because Ange wanted him, again read between the lines. Son as a striker and Johnson for the wing position, you don't need to replace a striker for a striker especially if you have one who is more than capable of doing the job at your disposal, that line of thinking is too simplistic.

When we sold Kane I was kind of resigned to it and I said at the time that it was fine providing we could make his goals up in the round. We were never going to attract a player as good as Kane to do the same job that was obvious. So what you do instead is you pick up another solid striker worth 10-15 consistent PL goals, between him, Son and Richarlison you have a little bit of cover. And you have the goals coming in from the wide areas from the likes of Kulu and BJ.

Yeah but again who?

The problem is that you think everything needs to be done in one window, that's not how it works. Ange isn't Conte or Jose, he's a project manager who accepts that things take time and this is a process. We will get a striker in at some point (rumors are we are looking for one in Jan) but you can't just buy a replacement player just like that especially if there's no replacement of value on the market, that's not how it works.

Teams with vision and a strategy don't panic and accept that it's probably just better to wait until the market picks up, thus giving us time to asses the options and time for our scouts to do research.

Woolwich sold Aubameyang in Jan a couple of seasons ago and left themselves with Lacazette (who had scored 3 goals), they were linked with Vlahovic but instead waited until Summer before they signed Jesus for example, as a result he fit them like a glove and they improved.

City couldn't get Kane and waited a year until Haaland was available for example.

We are in short at CF, I don't think that's even seriously debatable. Hell, people were crying out for a backup to Kane and Son for window after window before we even lost Kane. So we are in an even worse place in that particular position in the side now. Why?

I think you have to look at the chairman.

We have 2 strikers for one position, have a look at all the other teams and our rivals, how many strikers do they have on their books? They are all literally in the same boat as us so how are we short?

Spurs - Son/Richy
City - Haaland/Alvarez
Liverpool - Nunez/Gakpo
Woolwich - Jesus/Nketiah
Utd - Hoyland/Rashford
Chelsea - Jackson/Broja
Newcastle - Isak/Wilson

What am I missing here?

Ambition doesn't neccessarily need to be about spending £100m on a Rice... although by your own statement that's probably going to be a difference maker for that lot up the road
:sonhmm:

You are right it means getting the players that the manager wants that fit his system.
These players could be £20m pound "cheap" players if they are the right fit. But they have to be the right fit for the here and now, and not just cheap because Levy loves the bargain bucket.
Let's not pretend he doesn't, he has a looooong track record of this.

Not sure where you're going with this - buying cheap shouldn't be a criticism - buying cheap enabled us to have arguably the best keeper in the league this season regardless money shouldn't come into it anyway, we have a structure now that can be trusted, we are data recruiting so it shouldn't matter to anyone how much players cost.

I can guarantee if you gave Ange a quality backup CB and CF tomorrow he would be delighted with that.

He's not "happy" with the squad he's just playing the hand he has been dealt as part of what was agreed between him and Levy at his job interview.

OBVIOUSLY he's not going to be happy because the rebuild isn't finished but in context with where we were when he came in to now he's happy at what we've done so far, you can keep denying this but he's stated in numerous times, it seems like fans are the ones who aren't happy because they haven't been placated and their expectations were that they needed to completely rebuild the team in one window.

He's not got the currency in the bank to start making demands, he keeps re-iterating the same point that we need players to go out and we need to work with what he have and develop young players.

This is the mission statement as laid out by Levy. Because Levy doesn't want to spend money. He wants to do the bare minimum. He wants another Poch that will squeeze 110% out of every player and get us back into the top 4 which will keep the wolf from his door and keep the stadium packed with tourists.

That's the reality.

If you can't see that then we are never going to agree. But it's just so in your face that this is the way the club is being run. I can't help you if you can't see it.

But that's not the reality though is it, you've just made that up. It seems like no matter what the manager says you seem to think he's lying to protect the board, maybe just maybe we have a manager who understand what it takes to actually build teams and improve players and understands that it's not just all about spending money and getting a load of players in all in one go.

The reality is though that we have been spending money since the stadium opened, just unfortunately mostly on rubbish, the whole Levy doesn't spend thing is old news, that narrative is dated. Our issue has been recruitment which has seemingly been fixed now.

As for my prediction, I simply had no idea just how good Ange and some of the new aquisitions would be. Nobody could honestly claim they could see the 360 degree turnaround from the dour football of the last season to this. I'm still dissappointed though. It's just a real shame that we didn't supplement the squad a little more, you never know what we may have achieved.

That last sentence is the story of ENIC through most of their tenure.

It wasn't that obvious but I was looking at the players we had bought they were much better than what they were showing last season, the only thing that happened is that most of the squad just downed tools and we had a cunt in charge who refused to coach them last season

People just thought that we'd lose Kane and would automatically drop like a stone, that's not how football works, we just needed a coach to give these players some confidence and direction which is what's happened.

Last edited:
You don't know where I got the impression, you literally said this mate, "fact of the matter"

Thus putting the blame solely on Levy, but it's fine you have now relented in your position and accepted that it's more of a collective reason as to why we found ourselves in this position as opposed to possibly picking up more points so fair play.

You do realise that we sold Sanchez after the transfer window closed don't you? (The Turkish window was still open) Therefore we wouldn't be able to get a replacement in until January so it wouldn't make a difference anyway - so in that case If you acknowledge that Ange was happy to sanction the Sanchez sale then you ought to read between the lines and accept that he knows that this team is at the beginning of a rebuild and he needs to reshape the squad - Selling Sanchez is apart of the plan that he's on board with.

He was an example but if I recall he was the only striker we were heavily linked to.

But if you can't think of anyone else that would come in then the chances are that there was no-one obvious on the market that obviously sticks out. Ange was happy to have Son as his striker which made complete sense and why not?, he's one of the best finishers in the league and 2nd best striker behind Haaland in that respect and you can't say he was wrong either.

Johnson isn't the direct Kane replacement obviously but Johnson was bought because Ange wanted him, again read between the lines. Son as a striker and Johnson for the wing position, you don't need to replace a striker for a striker especially if you have one who is more than capable of doing the job at your disposal, that line of thinking is too simplistic.

Yeah but again who?

The problem is that you think everything needs to be done in one window, that's not how it works. Ange isn't Conte or Jose, he's a project manager who accepts that things take time and this is a process. We will get a striker in at some point (rumors are we are looking for one in Jan) but you can't just buy a replacement player just like that especially if there's no replacement of value on the market, that's not how it works.

Teams with vision and a strategy don't panic and accept that it's probably just better to wait until the market picks up, thus giving us time to asses the options and time for our scouts to do research.

Woolwich sold Aubameyang in Jan a couple of seasons ago and left themselves with Lacazette (who had scored 3 goals), they were linked with Vlahovic but instead waited until Summer before they signed Jesus for example, as a result he fit them like a glove and they improved.

City couldn't get Kane and waited a year until Haaland was available for example.

We have 2 strikers for one position, have a look at all the other teams and our rivals, how many strikers do they have on their books? They are all literally in the same boat as us so how are we short?

Spurs - Son/Richy
City - Haaland/Alvarez
Liverpool - Nunez/Gakpo
Woolwich - Jesus/Nketiah
Utd - Hoyland/Rashford
Chelsea - Jackson/Broja
Newcastle - Isak/Wilson

What am I missing here?

Not sure where you're going with this - buying cheap shouldn't be a criticism - buying cheap enabled us to have arguably the best keeper in the league this season regardless money shouldn't come into it anyway, we have a structure now that can be trusted, we are data recruiting so it shouldn't matter to anyone how much players cost.

OBVIOUSLY he's not going to be happy because the rebuild isn't finished but in context with where we were when he came in to now he's happy at what we've done so far, you can keep denying this but he's stated in numerous times, it seems like fans are the ones who aren't happy because they haven't been placated and their expectations were that they needed to completely rebuild the team in one window.

But that's not the reality though is it, you've just made that up. It seems like no matter what the manager says you seem to think he's lying to protect the board, maybe just maybe we have a manager who understand what it takes to actually build teams and improve players and understands that it's not just all about spending money and getting a load of players in all in one go.

The reality is though that we have been spending money since the stadium opened, just unfortunately mostly on rubbish, the whole Levy doesn't spend thing is old news, that narrative is dated. Our issue has been recruitment which has seemingly been fixed now.

It wasn't that obvious but I was looking at the players we had bought they were much better than what they were showing last season, the only thing that happened is that most of the squad just downed tools and we had a cunt in charge who refused to coach them last season

People just thought that we'd lose Kane and would automatically drop like a stone, that's not how football works, we just needed a coach to give these players some confidence and direction which is what's happened.

Your first point is a nonsense, I've apportioned blame to just about everyone at the club repeatedly over countless posts, you can't take one post that puts some blame on Levy and turn that into a blanket statement that says that I only blame Levy for everything. Sorry but that's just disengenious. Argue in good faith or not at all. I'm not going to qualify every single post by listing off everything its impractical and you should be capable of reading between the lines.

Christ, We could all play that game.

As for the eternal CF question. Yes - we have Son and Richarlison. But Richarlison is not good enough. As I said It's a huge gamble for him to be leading our line for a solid month.

Anyway the proof will be in the pudding come January when Son goes to Asia cup, I will point out your error when we are struggling to score goals in Sons absense.

"its a project" been hearing this for years now. Its old and stale. People have short memories. Everyone thought the Conte "project" was going swimmingly after he took us to fourth. Why did that implode in such spectacular fashion? Conte has given you the answer in his own words, he wasn't backed.

Nor was Poch before him and the infamous two windows of inactivity.

The owner and board can't keep hiding behind the "its a project" line. A lot of people have seen through it.

Its an easy out for the club to continue not to win trophies.

You and I clearly just have different expectations, I see us as a powerhouse club, financially and historically. We should be winning trophies. and you seem to see us as Brighton or something.

I don't have your patience or shared belief that in 2-3 windows we will be magically fixed. I've heard it all before.

Until we actually start winning stuff on the pitch its all corporate brochure shit.

"Sharing with you our amazing vision of the future"

Your first point is a nonsense, I've apportioned blame to just about everyone at the club repeatedly over countless posts, you can't take one post that puts some blame on Levy and turn that into a blanket statement that says that I only blame Levy for everything. Sorry but that's just disengenious. Argue in good faith or not at all. I'm not going to qualify every single post by listing off everything its impractical and you should be capable of reading between the lines.

As for the eternal CF question. Yes - we have Son and Richarlison. But Richarlison is not good enough. As I said It's a huge gamble for him to be leading our line for a solid month.

Anyway the proof will be in the pudding come January when Son goes to Asia cup, I will point out your error when we are struggling to score goals in Sons absense.

"its a project" been hearing this for years now. Its old and stale. People have short memories. Everyone thought the Conte "project" was going swimmingly after he took us to fourth. Why did that implode in such spectacular fashion? Conte has given you the answer in his own words, he wasn't backed.

The owner and board can't keep hiding behind the "its a project" line. A lot of people have seen through it.

You and I clearly just have different expectations, I see us as a powerhouse club, financially and historically. We should be winning trophies. and you seem to see us as Brighton or something.

I don't have your patience or shared belief that in 2-3 windows we will be magically fixed. I've heard it all before.

Until we actually start winning stuff on the pitch its all corporate brochure shit.

Ange has never been at a club for more than three years so he’s a pretty short term / interim project type of guy.

Wait and see how long he lasts with us. More than 3 full seasons : 6 transfer windows?!

I literally acknowledged that you said it's a collective responsibility in my post, why are you still trying to argue lol :confused:

We bought Richarlison in for £60m, we're not going to get another striker in again just because he had a poor season, there were mitigating circumstances as to why he had a bad season last season and he said himself that he was carrying an injury, hilarious timing as well because he looked sharp against Newcastle and much more free than before his surgery.

I'm happy to revisit this in a couple of months, who knows if we buy a striker come January or if Richy hits a rich vein of form, seems like a bt of a pointless argument until either of those things happen.

Conte was a poor hire I agree, it was convenient at the time for both parties to shake hands, we were trying to get over the line and win and also to placate Kane and he wanted to earn some money, was always going to end in tears but the board should be criticised for that because they were thinking short term.

I don't actually blame you in brining the Conte thing up because a lot of us duped into thinking that it would have been a project, that said we did give him a lot of money to spend and since he did well in his first season he didn't keep up his end of the bargain in his 2nd season and became a massive failure.

So if this isn't a project with Ange even though everything is in place which tells you it's a project then what is it? Why do you think it's the board's intentions not to win trophies when we've had squads more than capable of winning trophies in the past?

We have the same expectations mate, you just have less patience which is fine I guess. I expect this club to win trophies but I also look at context as to why we haven't won, it's not all on the board, again collective issues and outside influences are reasons to. Do I think that 1 trophy is good enough no, not at all. Do I think the board could have done more for us to win, yes. Do I think that the board are solely to blame for not picking up more pots, no.

That's cool, and I can see why you're frustrated but I dunno I'm looking at the bigger picture here, I personally think we're onto something here with Ange, we have literally everything in place to succeed now, it took a while to get here but I think we will start to push on as a club now personally.

Ange has never been at a club for more than three years so he’s a pretty short term / interim project type of guy.

Wait and see how long he lasts with us. More than 3 full seasons : 6 transfer windows?!
It's not that just that either, give it another season and Sons legs might go, he's getting on now. That will be our best forward in need of replacement.

I'm a firm believer in going flat out to win in the here and now and taking some risks.

The league is absolutley there for the taking this year City are miles off it and Liverpool and Woolwich aren't better than us player for player they just have better rounded out squads. Nothing we couldn't fix in January if we give it full beans.

We won't though

I literally acknowledged that you said it's a collective responsibility in my post, why are you still trying to argue lol :confused:

We bought Richarlison in for £60m, we're not going to get another striker in again just because he had a poor season, there were mitigating circumstances as to why he had a bad season last season and he said himself that he was carrying an injury, hilarious timing as well because he looked sharp against Newcastle and much more free than before his surgery.

I'm happy to revisit this in a couple of months, who knows if we buy a striker come January or if Richy hits a rich vein of form, seems like a bt of a pointless argument until either of those things happen.

Conte was a poor hire I agree, it was convenient at the time for both parties to shake hands, we were trying to get over the line and win and also to placate Kane and he wanted to earn some money, was always going to end in tears but the board should be criticised for that because they were thinking short term.

I don't actually blame you in brining the Conte thing up because a lot of us duped into thinking that it would have been a project, that said we did give him a lot of money to spend and since he did well in his first season he didn't keep up his end of the bargain in his 2nd season and became a massive failure.

So if this isn't a project with Ange even though everything is in place which tells you it's a project then what is it? Why do you think it's the board's intentions not to win trophies when we've had squads more than capable of winning trophies in the past?

We have the same expectations mate, you just have less patience which is fine I guess. I expect this club to win trophies but I also look at context as to why we haven't won, it's not all on the board, again collective issues and outside influences are reasons to. Do I think that 1 trophy is good enough no, not at all. Do I think the board could have done more for us to win, yes. Do I think that the board are solely to blame for not picking up more pots, no.

That's cool, and I can see why you're frustrated but I dunno I'm looking at the bigger picture here, I personally think we're onto something here with Ange, we have literally everything in place to succeed now, it took a while to get here but I think we will start to push on as a club now personally.
Get a room chaps

Obviously for purely platonic reasons Shady, no sexual inference intended

Well we finally seem to have some sort of an understanding if nothing else. Progress.

The bottom line is we have a manager now who the fanbase have unified behind and plays the football the Spurs way.
And he hasn't come from a hated rival.

when/If Levy fails to back him and it ends up going South then my hope is that Levy will finally have nowhere to hide and no excuses this time and I won't have to hear about patience or projects anymore.

Get a room chaps

Obviously for purely platonic reasons Shady, no sexual inference intended

Said it before with this many members statistically we have to have a few people who are at the least bi or if not a little bit curious about exploring their sexuality.

We should encourage the homoerotic nature of these conversations. Who knows who is sitting at home lubed up in baby oil while typing away?

I’m currently on a cold train platform in a very comfortable pair of cordory trousers if anyone needs a different mental picture.

Said it before with this many members statistically we have to have a few people who are at the least bi or if not a little bit curious about exploring their sexuality.

We should encourage the homoerotic nature of these conversations. Who knows who is sitting at home lubed up in baby oil while typing away?

I’m currently on a cold train platform in a very comfortable pair of cordory trousers if anyone needs a different mental picture.
I'm wearing nothing but a bow tie and some peanut butter spread

Back
Top Bottom