Martin Jol

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just seen Meulensteen saying that Fulham have to spend in January to beat the drop.

My feeling when I was watching their match on MOTD this weekend was that they were a bunch of old men (in footballing terms) who are quite comfortable earning a Premier League wage and just trotting out each week to make up the numbers. So I was wondering why neither them nor Big Fat Sam thought to play some youngsters to either get a reaction out of the more experienced players or to provide a youthful spark and some more energy. Apparently West Ham have been playing without a striker for a couple of weeks. Surely they have someone in their U21s who could step up for a match and would give it a go.

Yet they've scored more than us and have a better goal difference:chadliblow:
wdoXT69.gif

I think ultimately Jol just isnt very good. Their squad has weakened for sure, but when you look at his career post-Spurs its the same again and again.

His teams lack balance, are too timid and invite pressure onto the defence which invariably goes wrong.

Hughes did very well there but did have Dempsey and Dembele, Fulham weakened significantly under Jol who IMO didnt spend well.

Love the bloke, love that he got the ball rolling with us and will always look out for him, but in all honesty I just think he has been found out.

Love Martin Jol. He was the start of our progression and the club treated him badly. Glad he was invited to the farewell day and also that he agreed to come. I'm grateful for his part in our progression.

Yeah, BMJ got the ball rolling. Always remember seeing him and Wenger on the sidelines and the commentator saying it looked like BMJ could snap Wenger in two. :dembelelol:

Yeah, BMJ got the ball rolling. Always remember seeing him and Wenger on the sidelines and the commentator saying it looked like BMJ could snap Wenger in two. :dembelelol:

But he didnt..

We really did take it up a level on the "Bottling scale" under him. The highlight of his tenure was beating a shit west ham.

Back
Top Bottom