Messi - The greatest player ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How people debate Ronaldo v Messi is beyond me. Guy is on another level to all his contemporaries and arguably all before him. Was too young to see Pele, Cruyff, Maradona, etc, - privilleged to see this guy.

I caught the tail end of Maradona’s career and he was clearly also a very special player. Watched lots of archive footage of him and in his prime he was absolutely incredible.

The key phrase there is ‘in his prime’. Messi has been in his prime from being a teenager to being in his 30s. He’s never not been in his prime.

as3.jpg

Every time you post something from AS they always have that erectile dysfunction ad in the bottom right corner.

Are you trying to tell us something fogueres fogueres ?

He'll just threaten to sit on his arse and do fuck all which would be a very sad way for him to try and force his way out of the team he has worshipped all his life. Whatever lies behind this situation, apart from the decline of the team, must be of such proportions that he knows it cannot be quickly or effectively resolved.
I would love to be able to watch him in the Premier League but just cannot see him have the same hunger and passion for the game without the blue and garnet shirt on his back.
I actually think the club owes it to him to let him go, would be really unfair in the current circumstances to try and force the price of the release clause on a technicality and price him out of a move when he has given 15 years of service as the best of all time. I think the right thing to do would say look you can go but because of this clause we will demand a fee of 100m, which they would certainly get.

Yeah, because thoose teams, United, Madrid and Juventus weren't favourites every season in their league 😂

Messi is on another level to Ronaldo when it comes to playmaking ability. We have seen that since Xavi retired.

I cannot believe some people. When you se him play, it's just fucking different than nay other player. The best ever

That why I think the debate on the greatest is between Maradonna and Messi. Both could be wingers and strikers but both could also be the playmaker, they could do everything, that’s not something that can be applied to any other player.

As ever, there has only ever been one player that was deemed the best player in the world from the age of 17-33.

Who still has a claim for it at 34.

Longevity outweighs everything imo, otherwise one could claim Ronaldinho is the GOAT, as his peak was higher than everyone in terms of outrageous ability.

The idea international football determines anything is nonsense. The Champions League is the pinnacle of football and Lionel Messi has owned it since he was 17.

He's still the best finisher in the world, he's still a top 10 passer, he's still a top 10 dribbler. Unlike Ronaldo, who has become a poacher, Messi still plays the beautiful game the beautiful way.

Jiventus fans moaning aboutmorality and illegal stuff in football, give me a break.
Messi is going to PSG because of his good friends amd because that is the only club that can match his ambition.

You can also criticize Juventus (and I hate the idea of the Super League) but you can't tell me that Ceferin and PSG are the good of football. Where are the laws on financial fairplay? Why do teams with Arabs behind them have freedom to spend while others don't?

Back
Top Bottom