Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m assuming he must be fit, or nearly ready for competitive matches?
I’m going to leave it here. It’s a mistake selling him in this window for £11m.
I’d rather keep him until the end of the season if he is available to play. He knows the club, the players, the manager & the system.
We are very light in his position.
If we bring someone in immediately, which is not a given, it’s not a signing for the “run in” & more long term.

£11m is fuck all. Losing out on possible trophies and/or league placing because we don’t have the personnel to cover any further injuries in that position, would be a disaster.

There will be games, big games, that cry out for the Moose.

I for one will be gutted if/when he goes. I will be baffled and gutted if we sell him while we are still in 4 competitions, without any/adequate cover for one of the most crucial positions in Poch’s system.

> This thread might get moved to 'general football' in the next couple of days.

Fuck, guys.

giphy.gif

Am I the only one who is concerned about dembele's form recently. At the beginning of last season he dominated the midfield, breaking up play and gliding past pressing midfielders so as to transition us from defence to attack. But at the end of last season and the beginning of this one, I've found him to be really passive in games, as though he's going through the motions. Yesterday he even seemed to be pulling out of tackles as opposed to the excellent (grudgingly) Aaron Ramsey. Does anyone else think he might lose his place to Eriksen/holtby? And this is coming from someone who worshipped dembele last season....

What has been our best wins with season? Scum and Chavs. Dembele played a big role in both those games.

What else was one of the most important results? Away at Sheffield semi-finals of FA Cup. Dembele was a candidate for MOTM after Eriksen and we almost capitulated when he came off injured.

Who put in a great performance at Anfield and got a goal? The Moose.

Who got 2 assists away at W Brom which helped wrap up the game in the first half? Dembele.

Gotta say it's laughable when people suggest our best XI atm is without him.

Here's a question for everyone, who's more important to Spurs these days, Dembele or Sissoko? Sissoko's galloping emergence as well as Skipps few cameos gives us two players we never knew would be playing as big a part for us at the beginning of the season and as the journalist quoted in a couple of posts earlier says, Dembele has had 50 injuries major & minor over the last 8 seasons. Let him go, earn some wedge and thanks for the memories

Is that a question for between now and the end of the season?

Sissoko every single time.

He's fitter, quicker and can be relied upon for a start. Is he a better footballer than Dembele? Absolutely not. But we cannot keep hoping we get Dembele from 2015/16 back. He isn't coming back. He's probably capable of having a Juventus away in him from last season, but he's also capable of having a Watford away from this season in him too is such his bad hip and glass ankle.

Dembele has a had a good 6 years here. One REALLY great season (15/16), a great one (16/17), half a great one (12/13) and then others marred with bouts of injury and being unfit. I'll miss him in the sense that I'd pay my admission fee alone to watch him at his best but I doubt we'll miss him as a team. We've moved on. Points prove that.

Utter madness...getting tired of Pochs “I didn’t zeee it” impersonation every time he’s asked about one of our players too.

Just be honest..”we’re selling Dembele and won’t be replacing him”
There is no bigger fan of Dembele than me, waxing lyrical at the majesty of brilliance whilst many on this forum didn't get him at all, "he doesn't score goals" etc...... and as much I would love for him to be here, this is absolutely the right move for him and the club. Right move for him as he can glide around the oppo whilst filing his nails, no pressing, tracking back and high-intensity training, whilst on massive wages to see out his last playing days. For us, we get £11m for a player plagued with injuries, who can't play 90mins anymore and more than a game per week (whilst we play 3 per week).

I'm upset I'll not get to see him play football, one of the most beautiful footballers I have ever watched play the game. He is why I pay money to watch football. I genuinely wish him all the best.

Back
Top Bottom