Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh do fuck off with the “calm down” nonsense. I’m calm as you like. Just think it’s a bit stupid telling people when it’s ok for them to have an opinion and then defend it by saying it’s your opinion.

Your opinion is fine. And you’re welcome to disagree with mine. Just don’t tell me when I’m allowed to give it.

Fact is he played well but despite that the biggest taliking point of his game was a one on one that he very poorly fucked up.

You quite sure you're calm? :llorishuh:

You're taking the disposition of my original comment way too literally.

As already explained, IMO your post came accross as a back-handed compliment.

...I wasn't questioning your right to an opinion, FFS!!!!!

You quite sure you're calm? :llorishuh:

You're taking the disposition of my original comment way too literally.

As already explained, IMO your post came accross as a back-handed compliment.

...I wasn't questioning your right to an opinion, FFS!!!!!
Only one not calm is u apparently.

And I’m not sure how else I was supposed to take “Save the critique for a more appropriate occasion.” Either think about the way you word things or don’t be surprised when people take exception to it.

You can give your opinion without addressing other posters to say that theirs isn’t appropriate you know.

Only one not calm is u apparently.

:llorisunsure:

And I’m not sure how else I was supposed to take “Save the critique for a more appropriate occasion.”

As an expression of my OPINION rather than a declaration of 'law' perhaps?

Either think about the way you word things or don’t be surprised when people take exception to it.

You can give your opinion without addressing other posters to say that theirs isn’t appropriate you know.

...So i'm not allowed (lol) to dissagree with nor debate the sentiment of another's post?

Bit rich, innit?

I'll leave it there... I'm 'sure' you'll catch on eventually.

:llorisunsure:

As an expression of my OPINION rather than a declaration of 'law' perhaps?

...So i'm not allowed (lol) to dissagree with nor debate the sentiment of another's post?

Bit rich, innit?

I'll leave it there... I'm 'sure' you'll catch on eventually.
The only funny thing (lol) is that you actually think any of what u just said makes sense let alone proves your point.

Sissoko is what he is, his touch is not as bad as is made out.
Yes - not a 30m player

Piss off with this selective bashing you utter mug. Defending Sissoko for a shit show game after the other while bashing Dele for not scoring 2 goals a game. Deluded fool

Right now I feel most comfortable with him at CM. Quite dire our situation there. Dembele is not the one we saw up until half a year ago and Winks right now does not do a lot. At least Sissoko has some drive and presence.

I hate to admit it but my second least favourite player at the moment. I thought that he would fit in better this season but apart from giving every effort, don't think he adds much to the team, a useful squad player but not much more than that. He wouldn't get into my first team if everyone is available.

It's a strange mentality that some fans have when they constantly bash certain players and want rid of them from the club when they haven't done anything wrong or bashed the club in public.
You’re the too thick to see the irony here, surely?

Was good today, but the wide open game suited him. Hasn't changed my opinion that he is an ok squad player who has a shocker every now and then. Should primarily be playing in counter attacking games.

People keep banging on, and on, and on about this as if anyone ever suggested he should be a fixture in the lineup. No one pops into the Vorm thread to say "he's an ok backup keeper" twice a week. Forget about the price tag, he's a squad player, and a pretty good one at that.
It’s open for debate because he gets regular minutes in the first team. Vorm doesn’t.

And his price tag and wages could have gone on a better player, or on higher wages for other squad members, so to disregard this isn’t that possible.

Sissoko gets a lot of minutes because other parts of our central midfield have either been out longterm with injuries, fighting minor injuries that refuse to go away or forced into playing as defenders because one of our centerbacks is also out injured. He is literally doing what you sign a squad player to do. Plug the gaps.
I agree with that, you are correct. He’s a decent squad player, which is what most people on here are saying. I was just pointing out that you don’t see that written about Vorm because he doesn’t play.

I agree with that, you are correct. He’s a decent squad player, which is what most people on here are saying. I was just pointing out that you don’t see that written about Vorm because he doesn’t play.
I can acknowledge that, but were Hugo to be out injuries for an extended time it wouldn't be logical to slate Vorm for not being a #1 caliber keeper - that isn't his role.

As far as the price tag and wages on Sissoko, that's something that's in the past. We wanted more from him when we signed him - but now we're making the best of what we got. I'm a fan of Sissoko, and I would trade him for Isco in a heartbeat. But until we spend the money on a player at that level, Sissoko is as good a squad player for that role as we're going to get.

Last edited:
Hugo's made about 15 mistakes this season alone.
I can't remember Sissoko making any
Lets not pretend that Sissoko is an infallible player that doesn't make mistakes. Thing is he rectifies them 8 times out of 10 by either regaining the ball or by doing something to disrupt play for the opposition. Hugo plays in a role were mistakes are much more costly.

It's apples and oranges

Back
Top Bottom