Other Stadiums and Training Grounds

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One of the only industries that weren't shut down by the pandemic was the construction industry. I understand that towards the end of the pandemic there were supply issues for materials (steel/concrete etc) but still quite staggering just how long this has taken by comparison to our build.

(I do think it's a fantastic stand and has still preserved the whole feel of this great old stadium, which IMO is one of the best places to watch a football match, not just when in the ground but I just have always loved the whole day out there).

Edit:
Found this and this is what it looks like from the opposite side of the Thames as of just 2 weeks ago

Agree. Got a real soft spot for Craven Cottage. Often used to go up there (I grew up in south London) to watch a game. Even went to a rave in that river side old stand once.

BBC are stating that WHU are to increase the Olympic staduim by 2500 to 62500, which apparently makes it the biggest Premier league ground in London.....
Could at least get their facts right.

Real Madrid are going all in on their new stadium.

They've knicked the retractable pitch idea from us, but with a twist.

I did chuckle at them showing footage of honorary socio, Luka Doncic to hype up having NBA games in the stadium, but not using the colours for his club in the graphics. I guess the Mavericks are not illustrious enough to be associated with Real Madrid.

Quite incredible the amount of shit we took over the time it took the development of our new stadium.

By contrast, Fulham's New Stand is still being built!

This was just 13days ago............

and this from the river as of 3 weeks...........

In the same time it took us to demolish old WHL, move out to Wembley whilst building an entire new 63k stadium they haven't even finished the completion of one stand.

(think the stand is cool though, wouldn't mind one of the flats in it if I'm honest).

As you were.

Yeah been ages, hopefully they get promoted (almost guaranteed)

View: https://youtu.be/s9OfPf6gtAs?si=PoyvJj_xuTFXykQJ

Quite impressive from a Club Bournemouth's size and history.

VS

PL's 7th Richest Club (15th in the World)

4E5A302A00000578-0-image-a-22_1531861914341.jpg

Before their takeover, Wrexham's training ground was a road cone on a school field — and the council wanted the cone put back on the carriageway.

The inside of the Hungarian one looks like something out of the fucking Shire. They get high, watch Lord of the Rings and just say "yup, that's our training ground. Bag End."

New-San-Mames-stadium.jpg
Bilbao's new stadium is pretty slick as well

Bordeaux are also in the final stages

bordeaux-stadium-1.jpg

Dare I say the Etihad Campus?

_55457484_55457481.jpg
The thing I like about what City have done is that the training centre campus and mini stadium are more accessible to the general public than most training centres. I'd love it if we had a proper mini stadium of our own that you could go and watch e.g. the U21s and U18s in.

The Bordeaux one looks interesting. Any further pictures?

This mock-up of the Roma stadium's corporate restaurant really turns my stomach.

Two guys watching the match (in play!) while everyone else is otherwise occupied...
Fucking modern football gobshite.
What's worse is the people in the foreground: none of them want to be there and the girl is on her iPad... in a restaurant... that's just plain rude!

Back
Top Bottom