Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

effxywg0rsb71.jpg

Boy went and got married.

Congratulations to Pierre and his wife.

lmfao @ the clowns in this thread disagreeing with people suggesting PEH had a good game today, which he did. Seems their irrational hatred for him still can't be quelled even when he helps us beat the best team in England. Sad fuckers :contelol:

I was told to not listen to Saints fans by people on here so even though I agree with you, I can’t apparently /s
The reason I registered onto this site was to respond to accusations that most Saints fans started slagging PEH because he wanted to leave. Up until then “we thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread“. Sure, it’s always dissapointing when someone wants to leave but I’m sure that most fans would agree that it’s not a player leaving that causes offence it ‘how‘ they leave. Don’t disrespect us and to be fair to PEH he’s done nothing wrong. He’s highly professional. He leaves the management and most of the fans of SFC with goodwill. Wait till you hear him speak. He’s wise beyond his years. We’ll miss his character more than his ball playing skills to be honest. No doubt Mourinho will look to PEH to help protect your back 4. He’ll stiffen you up for sure but for us anything over £20m is good business because we’re in need of a more creative midfielder to play alongside JWP.

Hojbjerg has played every single minute of league play available since he joined last year with a rotating cast of miscreants, maligners, malcontents including Gedson, Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Lo Celso, and Dele and all the sudden last week people were suggesting he was the problem!

He’s obviously not Modric, Carrick, Dembele level, but my god where would our midfield be the last two seasons without his steadiness? Put some more talented and reliable players around him and let him focus on the hard work that he’s good at. He’s not even a top 15 problem with our squad at the moment.

Is he a world-beater ? No

But he plays in a position where we need someone just like him. He'll need to be a bit more disciplined then at Southampton but it'll finally allow us to play 4-3-3 and hopefully if we ship Aurier out , it'll be the end of Winks and Sissoko as our first choice Midfield.

Wanyama was pretty average until he came to Spurs , Hojbjerg we're getting for a decent price and a decent age. Solid signing.

Saints Fan here in peace.

I wanted to wait until it officially happened before commenting.

In Hojbjerg you're getting a player who will leave everything on the pitch, he will put in a proper shift.

But if you found Mourinho's football frustrating, you wait till he starts playing Hojbjerg.

Hojbjerg's passing stats are off the charts, but they deceive.

Most of his completed passes are lobs straight back to the keeper or sideways.

He's a battler and he will fight for your shirt but I can't help but feel he's going to frustrate a lot of spurs fans because his decision making is abysmal.

You're going to be in a position poised for an attack and he'll turn round and pass it straight backwards, for possesion type football mourinho plays, he's perfect.

Our form after the restart was largely without PEH and we played a lot more attacking football.

Hojbjerg is loyal and he gave us 4 solid years. (I think it's 4).

But imo, Wanyama is a MUCH better player when you had him of us than where Hojbjerg is now, by MILES.

For all Hoj's faults, he'll be spurs to the core for you.

On Kyle Walker-Peters, I'm chuffed to get him and you're absolutely nuts to let him go. but I don't think he suits Mourinho's style.

Your team is shit though so he’ll do alright here

AVERAGE PLODDER SIGNED BY SPURS GIVES IMPRESSIVE INTERVIEW AFTER UNVEILING AT HOTSPUR WAY☆

☆ fans convinced he's a worldbeater. Sucking off the chairman ensue's ☆
Or alternatively.
Capable player in position we need signs and genuinely sounds pleased to be here and speaks well of club and where he sees it and him going in the future.

Give the bloke a chance.

I'm not sure I get this attitude that we should be signing players from better clubs than Southampton. I don't recall Liverpool fans kicking up such a fuss that they signed a defender from Southampton; or indeed a winger.

I can't give too many examples of players who have improved after taking a 'step down'; but can think of plenty that improved after taking a 'step up'.

Playing with the guys over at Saints is going to be a different kettle of fish to Spurs. He will now have Ndombele, Lo Celso, Alli, Son and Kane to play with.

He seems intelligent enough to do the job that the coach asks him to do which; similar to Winks will probably not be too flashy; but enough to create the space for our flair players to shine.

At his dial in, Matt Le Tissier said that he thought he was a good player for Southampton, but didn't think he was the one to take us to the next level. He quantified that by saying that he might raise his game being in a better team.
I wasn't convinced with his first few showings, but happy to reserve judgment, as it takes time for players to settle. He has definitely improved and has shown he is a warrior. He doesn't have to wear the captain's armband to be a captain on the pitch.
So glad he is in our team, he has filled a huge gap in our midfield and has quickly become one of the first names on the team sheet.

Back
Top Bottom