Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mentioned him months ago.

Got laughed at because it was the MLS.

WHO THE FUCKS LAUGHING NOW.
giphy.gif

Declan Rice could be worth a punt in Jan. Get over the fact he was on the books at Chelsea and currently plays for West Ham. I think he's a very talented player and only 19.

I wonder who's going to take a gamble on Everton Soares over at Gremio.

I don't really know much about him but something popped up on my Twitter timeline about how he completes 3.4 dribbles per game. He looks to be a winger/forward with rapid pace, good close control and ability to score. Here's a comparison with how does with the top 7 dribblers in Europe.

Attacking players: Top dribblers in Europe:
Allan Saint-Maximin - 4.2
Neymar - 4
Hatem Ben Arfa - 3.7
Lionel Messi - 3.6
Marcus Thuram - 3.4
Sofiane Boufal - 3.1
Marcus Edwards - 2.9

Not surprised to see some of those names in there (Neymar, Messi, Ben Arfa). Also not surprised to see that the top 3 are from Ligue 1. I didn't even know Thuram had a son but impressive numbers. Know all about Boufal and his attitude. Big up Marcus Edwards for completing more dribbles per game than anyone in the Dutch league too and making that list.

Saint-Maximin though? Jesus christ, that's impressive. Only 21 years old. Not really seen much of him, checking out some of his other stats and they don't seem too impressive. So maybe he's just a very good dribbler with very little output.

I'll definitely look to keep an eye out for him in future though. For example, Ousmane Dembele scored more goals in his one year in Ligue 1 (at the age of 19) than Saint-Maximin has scored in his whole career, though Dembele is a pretty special case and a unique talent.

Like the look of this guy though and statistically he looks to be improving year on year goal and assist wise. So will look out for how he does

This.

He'll either flourish and be a world star or he won't make it and we can just sell him.

I always think of Verratti in this instance. Never played a single minute of top flight football before PSG gambled on him. Now look. One of the best midfielders in world football.

Tonali is even higher rated as well.

I completely agree. We need to believe in our scouting network, work well under the radar and focus on the next Veratti, Ndombele, Dele Alli, the next Mbappe or Milinkovic-Savic, Kante & Mahrez etc. Whilst all of the players I've highlighted, bar Veratti, Kanye, Mahrez and of course Del all these players could be on our radar as they play for lesser clubs but the money they will cost is just too far out of reach for a club in our position with the build etc.

Not being funny but if clubs like Monaco, Genk, Amiens & Caen have an eye for these players there's no reason why our scouts shouldn't be well enough informed by contacts all over the globe as to the ones we should be looking at. Nothing pleases me more than a top class youngster bursting onto the scene wearing our colours and I'd hate to see us lose that element of our club, if anything it's the part we need to be working on the most moving forward

Here's a new one to add to the mix. Top 5 prospects in each position that you know of at lesser clubs than ours. Good to keep an eye on how these boys work out with a lot of ins possibly needed in the not too distant (trying to keep them all relatively young)

GK:
Alban Lafont (Fiorentena)
Andre Onana (Ajax)
Alex Meret (Napoli)
Thomas Strakosha (Lazio)
Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan- the kids 19! Incredible really)

LB
Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
Arthur Zagre (PSG)
Ferland Mendy (Lyon)
Luca Pelligrini (Roma)
Jose Gaya (Valencia)

RB
Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace)
Benjamin Henrichs (Monaco)
Noussa Mazraoui (Ajax)
Achraf Hakimi (Dortmund on loan from Real Madrid)
Pedro Porro (Girona)

CB
Boubacar Kamara (Marseille)
Malang Sarr (Nice)
Eder Militao (Porto)
Evan N'Dicka (Frankfurt)
Dayot Upamecano (RB Leipzig)

DM
Sander Berge (Genk)
Amadou Diawara (Napoli)
Sandro Tonali (Brescia)
Arne Maier (Hertha Berlin)
Lucas Tousart (Lyon)

CM
Frankie De Jong (Ajax)
Riqui Puig (Barcelona)
Yacine Adli (PSG)
Fran Beltran (Celta Vigo)
Florian Neuhaus (Monchengladbach)

AM
Kai Haivertz (Leverkusen)
Brahim Diaz (Real Madrid)
David Brooks (Bournemouth)
Nicolas Pepe (Lille)
Giorgi Chakvetadze (Gent)

FWD
Moise Kean (Juventus)
Moussa Sylla (Monaco)
Luka Jovic (Frankfurt)
Matheus Cunha (RB Leipzig)
Patrick Cutrone (AC Milan)

The ones I'd absolutely love to see us go for are Berge, Tonali, Puig & Chakvetadze from what I've seen. I'd also be keeping tabs on Dani Ceballos over in Madrid for the rest of the year as I think he has bags of potential.

Haven't seen odegaard play for ages and caught a part of the Heerenveen game tonight, looks to have matured a lot. Works hard, no primadonna stuff ...

Great goal by Edwards who was quite good too.

We should keep an eye on Yari Verschaeren from Anderlecht. Only 17 but what a gem!

He is the next big offensive talent coming through from Belgium.

Another gem is Zinho Vanheusden, central defender.

Young kid from Marseille- Boubacar Kamara - 19yo started tonight’s game as a CB, then pushed up as a CM second half when Strootman got injured. Haven’t seen much of him, but worth keeping an eye on. Technically good, not sure how good at reading etc as this was a pretty one sided game.

Back
Top Bottom