Players worth keeping an eye on playing for other clubs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched The Atletico Madrid/Savilla game the other night and I still can’t understand how Manchester City balked at paying the asking price for Jules Koundé, I know everybody thinks that Diaz is having a good season but I really think that when City are playing well their CB’s don’t get exposed so much, Stones is also looking pretty great again this year.

I think Kounde’s ceiling is higher and has more to his all round game. Quicker, lighter on his feet, more comfortable on the ball.

Really liking Kounde a lot.

Last edited:

9th goal for Karlsson in his maiden Eredivisie season. Reporting to his first call up with the Swedish national team this break.

Only 21. Kid has a bright future ahead of him.

EDIT: Got himself an assist as well.

9 goals and 8 assists in his first season in Holland.

Last edited:
Ismael Kone who plays for CF Montreal in MLS is worth keeping an eye on. He's a good midfielder and was capped for Canada as well. He's just 19, so he's got some development to go, but that's the point of this thread!
Actually, the main point of this thread, though, is for us to do such a good scouting job that it will render the present scouts redundant since Levy, after going through our scouting reports, will fire most of Spurs' present scouts because all Paratici has to do is to have a look at the names in this thread and then call their concerning clubs and agents.
And Levy will be a very happy man since he'll be saving a lots of money 😁

Last edited:
Mathys Tel for Bayern. 17 year old French player and starting at RW for them today, and scored. Came from Rennes at a pretty good cost.
If he’s starting there at that age, that’s certainly one to watch

Stephen King Desperation.

Tak is an extradimensional demonic entity called a waisin existing within the Stephen King Universe and the main antagonist in novels Desperation and The Regulators, which can be considered "Twinner-novels," as they are set in parallel worlds.
Lol I had no idea, I don't mind being an extradimensional demonic entity though

Watched a bit of Serbia v France Under-19 and a midfielder just stood out as being an absolute class act. Reminded me a bit of Luka the way he plays.

Tottenham should send scouts immediately to watch, Mihajlo Petkovic (18) at Partizan Belgrade, who looks to be an incredibly talented player with huge potential.

Micky van de Ven​

STRENGTHS​

• Dynamic, big-bodied athlete
  • Extraordinary ball-carrier from deep
  • Elements of dominance as defender

WEAKNESSES​

• Technique in one-v-one situations
  • Lacks focus in defensive situations

Background​

Micky van de Ven broke into the FC Volendam first-team two months into the 2019/20 season, and he has not looked back. Since making his senior debut in the Eerste Divisie, Van de Ven has started almost every game he has been available. He impressed last season but has improved again this, and has recently assumed the role of captain of the club he joined at 12 years old.

This summer, Van de Ven was mired in controversy as his agent, Mino Raiola, tried to engineer a deserved move away from Volendam. After threats of legal action and a later retraction, he eventually got his move, joining Bundesliga club Vfl Wolfsburg.

STYLE OF PLAY​

Van de Ven played as the left-sided centre-back in a 4-3-3 shape for FC Volendam. He possesses a tall, lean but athletic build with very long limbs. He uses his size to overwhelm opponents in contact in defensive situations and when protecting/carrying the ball. The Dutchman has a good burst of speed off the mark and an excellent change of speed over longer distances which he uses to maintain/increase separations created by initial accelerations.
He plays with an aggressive style which has its positives and negatives, but certainlt has elements of dominance in his skillset. His athleticism enables him to cover big spaces behind defence and in wider areas, while he utilises his large frame in contact; good at sealing/levering against the ball to disrupt opponents cleanly and recover possession effectively. His timing in challenges is average though, and he can lack composure when diving in too aggressively. He possesses poor technique in one-on-one duels, often standing too upright and unbalanced in his posture – he needs to be lower to match opponents and shift direction.
Crucially, his focus can slip at times, and he can be beaten too easily by simple changes of tempo. Conversely, he is solid in aerial duels; again, he uses his frame well to give himself decent reach and conviction in headers. He is not dominant in the air, but there is clear potential.

On the ball, he has good technical ability in general, with strong fundamental skills and unique nuances in build-up. Clean, consistent first touches help him to set up positive actions. He is not a standout passer but has adequate technique, especially with switches to wider areas. Composed and confident under pressure, he commits players to dribble out of small spaces and drive forward while manipulating the ball with neat close control. He is then able to burst out of pressure and drive forward with great athleticism.
He is excellent at carrying into midfield and beyond from the back, blowing past defenders on the outside with long strides and withstanding challenges at full speed. From there, he executes good passes/crosses inside while on the move. He is extremely disruptive and difficult to stop as he carries the ball forwards.

Bumped for Micky van de Ven, left-footed CB. 👍

Kadan Young at Aston Villa turns 17 in January and is currently around the first team squad for friendlies. Strong as a bull, exciting player, plays like a Ribery.

Rory Wilson who recently moved from Rangers shortly after Gerrard arrived at Villa is also worth keeping an eye on. Reminds me of Harry a bit. Has been banging the goals in and also turns 17 in January.

I found our Ben Davies/Lenglet upgrade. David Hancko from Feyenoord.

Just turned 25 years old. Can play CB and LB. Wouldn't cost too much, and has been Feyenoord's best defender this season. Slovakia international. His passing and dribbling are very good, and he is confident going forward. He could be a good alternative to Bastoni/Hincapie.

Back
Top Bottom