Prison FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You mean in 'non legal' language ?

Its a pattern of behaviour to 'belittle' (eg humiliate, intimidate etc) and will depend on the facts of the circumstances but for example might be that you (as an adult) have to ask for permission to leave the house to go to the shops, someone bugs your car/mobile etc so they track your every move, refuse to allow you to visit friends and/or family etc. Loads of possibilities of 'control' over a period of time.

Yeah, I’m just wondering where the legal line is. Is this a type of add-on charge that usually gets associated with other charges as in Greenwood’s case or do people often get charged with this as a stand-alone?
Seems somewhat subjective. Presumably, a judge would give a jury some pretty comprehensive instructions before they deliberate.

They might if the replies might influence a jury.

So caution is the better option whether you think he should get a lengthy jail term or if you believe he's innocent !
How would comments on here influence a jury? If that's the case, we shouldn't discuss that alleged rapist at Woolwich either? I can't see any of this lot on here getting picked for that case....besides, it's all over papers and we've seen the footage she released so it's a big stretch to say that the likes of you and I would.influence any jury

Last edited:
Yeah, I’m just wondering where the legal line is. Is this a type of add-on charge that usually gets associated with other charges as in Greenwood’s case or do people often get charged with this as a stand-alone?
Seems somewhat subjective. Presumably, a judge would give a jury some pretty comprehensive instructions before they deliberate.

Its a standalone offence, so one could be tried for that by itself

I don't think its that subjective, as its clear that its a series of behaviours which totally undermine, humiliate or intimidate etc another person - and there are numerous ways in which that can be done from isolating the person (eg refusing to allow them to meet friends and family), through not allowing them to manage themselves etc There's an unending list of what someone could do.

It might be argued there is a fine line between being guilty or not, but I suspect its pretty clear that if over a period of time (maybe a couple of months) that day after day the person is not allowed to do things they might ordinarily be expected to do but are perpetually frightened by another person into doing what that person wants.

His girlfriend had a recorder in the bedroom, the rape was recorded then played on the internet.
Showed how manipulative he is as well. He tried to make her feel like it was her fault for being raped because she said no.

Absolute cretin

How would comments on here influence a jury? If that's the case, we shouldn't discuss that alleged rapist at Woolwich either? I can't see any of this lot on here getting picked for that case....besides, it's all over papers and we've seen the footage she released so it's a big stretch to say that the likes of you and I would.influence any jury

Juries get picked 'out of a hat'

What happens if a TFC member happens to be picked for the jury and after the trial, a losing person says ' July member A saw a lot of posts on TFC discussing the case, lots of evidence but also a lot of untrue things presented as fact which totally misled Jury Member A'

I fully understand its long odds ..... but it could happen. And that's why the warning is out there

Its tricky given how widespread social media is these days, but do you want him acquitted through that technicality ?

Juries get picked 'out of a hat'

What happens if a TFC member happens to be picked for the jury and after the trial, a losing person says ' July member A saw a lot of posts on TFC discussing the case, lots of evidence but also a lot of untrue things presented as fact which totally misled Jury Member A'

I fully understand its long odds ..... but it could happen. And that's why the warning is out there
Yeah I understand the mechanics. But how are we any more influenced by some.of the comments here than what those redtops print or even the stuff posted bu the lady herself...
I mean you'd have to recuse yourself from any jury based on these things rather than posting here. Tl;Dr what's already been published and released has a larger impact on our predetermination than some.cunt on here 😂

Yeah I understand the mechanics. But how are we any more influenced by some.of the comments here than what those redtops print or even the stuff posted bu the lady herself...
I mean you'd have to recuse yourself from any jury based on these things rather than posting here. Tl;Dr what's already been published and released has a larger impact on our predetermination than some.cunt on here 😂

Fully understand your points.

But prefer not to run the risk of some people being found not guilty on a technicality.

So 2 days after being charged with attempted rape and domestic violence against his partner and being recalled to prison by breaching bail conditions by contacting said ex.... he has been granted bail again.

Justice system is fucked isn't it?

He is a textbook abuser, he will undoubtedly think that he can continue to break his bail conditions without any consequences.

Usually I’d think he might get off but he is so fucking stupid that he might end up actually serving time

Back
Top Bottom