Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a sad state of affairs when a thread about racism descends into discussion about left/right wing politics.

Surely everyone from all sides of the political spectrum should be against racism?

Racism shouldn't be a political battleground, it's about calling out racism and trying to change the world and make it a more comfortable place for everyone to live in.

Would you agree that given there was no racist content in the graffiti, this is a MASSIVE overreaction?
No.

I fucking LOVE IT!!!!!

E6KdIngXMAAzpJW

I can't get enough of this!!!!

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

Great post. Sorry you've had to have lived experiences of racism. It's not pleasant at all (to put it very mildly!).

I experiences racist abuse throughout my school years, which culminated in massive weight loss and many trips for counselling - experienced things from playground insults to physical violence, and even in adult years, experienced episodes such as a car driving past, some cunt yelling 'fucking paki' and lobbing a beer can at my head.

Racism is abhorrent, and must be stamped upon the moment it rears its ugly head, not brushed under the carpet or swept aside via mental gymnastics etc.
What concerns me is the argument that it is a very small minority saying this , which it undoubtedly is. However the minority grows in size pretty quickly if you include , those that think that way but don’t vocalise it , those that try to defend people being racist with a bullshit arguments of freedom of speech, those that try and encompass other issues to deflect, finally those that are apathetic and are not really bothered by racism
if you are not repulsed and disgusted by the treatment of these young men [ who are just a more public manifestation of many people’s daily experiences] then you are racist, it is an argument about how racist, not whether you are racist

i am a 60 year old reasonably comfortably off white man , I can only imagine how racism hurts and damages people , My kids are extremely fortunate and i have made damn sure they know it, it is everyone’s job to fight this evil

It saddens me but doesn’t surprise me that some people will go to any lengths to deny racism. Absolutely pathetic, the mental gymnastics involved in doing this. Some people are so full of hate, it’s unreal.

Fuck this thread. The attitudes of some are starting to get really upsetting, so I’m just going to start foul voting from now on. You people (you know who you are) are a big part of the problem.

I hope none of you purport to supporting ‘kick it out’ or any other anti racist movement, because if you do, that makes you the worlds biggest hypocrites.

Racism is very real, and is absolutely abundant in the UK. I know. I have experienced it, so don’t fucking DARE try telling me otherwise.

Last edited:
Yeah I am done with this forum.

I am all for free speech but there is a line and people in this thread that are denying objective proof of racism and not only denying it but seem to be making a mockery of it are crossing that line.

Cunt offs are one thing but I draw the line at giving people with racist intent a platform and I believe that's what I am seeing here sadly.

I have been on this forum for years and have never been more upset than I am now, not made, just genuinely upset.

Denying that "Black bastard" is a racist term and being allowed to have that opinion on here is where I say goodbye.

I think the flair up earlier in this thread is due to a lot of crossed wires.

Yes there's a very small element that seem to be racist, and a small element that are hyper sensitive to any debate either way, but for the most part I'd say the majority agree that racism is a terrible thing.

The issue seems to be about the extent of the issue and what sporting protests represent.

For some it inflames the issues or dilutes the cause. Personally I can't see anything wrong with drawing attention to the issue when it remains such a negative feature of society.

I doubt it will ever go, but solidarity isn't the same as a cure. It's exactly what it is, a show of rejecting prejudice and sending a message that people from all walks of life can stand together to respect differences such as race, gender, and sexual preference.

Pretending to disassociate taking the knee and the BLM organisation is disingenuous and an outright lie, no matter how much you try to spin it. Now you want to move the goal posts and say it’s simply about some vague message about inequality. Do me a fucking favour.

Players began taking the knee in June 2020 specifically in response to BLM and literally wore Black Lives Matter on their shirts all season. The PL still shows BLM on their screen to this day, and every stadium has had BLM banners. Now moving the goalposts, booing this political act is your big “gotcha” moment. “It has nothing to do with BLM!!” Doesn’t fucking wash with me. Your hand wringing attempts to look virtuous are pathetic at best. By your own admission you refuse to take the knee, which in the eyes of BLM, makes YOU a racist and just as culpable as someone that doesn’t agree with their twisted ideology.

If players want to support the violent far left wing political group BLM fair enough. That’s them inacting their right to free speech. Guess what, fans (who spend large amounts of their income to fund these players lifestyles) can also have their right to free speech to disagree with this horrid group.

the fans do not want to bow down to your sanctimonious woke bullshit. Is Zaha a racist? Is Les Ferdinand a racist? You couldn’t give a shit about actual racism and your only motive is to create further division.

Again, your attempts to move the goalposts and pretend this isn’t an overtly political statement is an insult to everyone’s intelligence

These silly cunts would probably goosestep and heil Hitler if Gareth Southgate told them it was to support children in need

Now is the time to tell you my position on this. Ready?

I am really embarrassed for my country that the world is hearing members of our football crowds booing when players take the knee in our country.

Everyone knows that all the players are doing is making a gesture to show their hatred of racism. Everyone knows that.

People hearing this booing, whether they are right or wrong, will see it as racist booing. (I am willing to accept that some people on this forum who defend the booing are not racist, and are supporting the booing for other reasons, by the way). However, the perception is highly important - and the perception is that the Booers are racists (and some of them most definitely are).

Booing is not only embarrassing, it is also counter-productive. All it does is engender dislike, probably hatred. If taking the knee is a questionable gesture, booing is a far, far more questionable gesture.

I said some time ago that it would be a good idea to defuse things by adopting a different gesture, but it's too late now. The racist booers and their associates would have 'won' and that cannot be seen to happen in England.

I am deeply saddened by this embarrassing, ill-considered and often moronic booing (often moronic, because some of the people who do it are absolute morons, without a brain cell to share between them).

Another thing that sits heavily with me, is I wonder how it must feel to be a black England team member, making an anti-racism gesture just before kick off, hearing my own fans booing me and my gesture. It would make me feel sick. It would sap my enthusiasm. I would think, 'Sod 'em. I can't be bothered.'

Thank goodness I'm not in the England squad.

The left hates poor white people. Fine. That’s okay. We deal with that on a daily basis. But what left-wingers hate even MORE is a person of colour that holds conservative views. They fooking HATE that. That’s why Priti Patel gets more hate than anyone else in the Conservative party. Because it completely destroys their narrative.

Most ironic considering his username is an ethnic slur
Another TFC virtue signalling fantasist that embellishes his pitiful life on the internet, there will be 1000s of Indian migrants working construction in the desert heat without any safety gear or measures all across the arab world who can't leave because their slave master took their passport only be returned on completion if they are lucky enough to survive that is along with about £200 and no means of getting home without walking and this fat egocentric fantasist cunt thinks he's winning racism from his keyboard because he honks like a fucking seal in front of the tv in his cum stained knickers and tweets and is pro whatever's trending on here, the fat mecentric wanker.

Amazes me that the ones that aren't would want to be associated with those that are.
One of the down sides of holding any sort of right wing view is adjacency to the crazies and racists on the fringe.

I think 5+5=10, some loon thinks 3*Z=10, obviously we didn't journey to the answer together.

Such is life, a moron standing next to you doesn't mean you hold the same views. It's an important subtlety but one that's missed (usually) on purpose to undermine a particular viewpoint. The irony of course, is that if you look at the manifestos of the BNP, EDL etc, you'll actually find they're often very left wing in nature.

Another reason why people like myself stick at points like these, is that this recent phenomenon of conformity and agree with me or else attitude, particularly prevalent amongst younger demographics is the absolute fucking worst. It's the opposite of critical thinking and where I want our society to go. Many of our forbearers died so we wouldn't have to endure this shit, yet here it is anyway.

639e600d639ff828646b04cfbb43409ff67e3499.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom