Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's official now 👍

Ivan Perisic

Ivan Perisic puts pen to paper on a deal that runs until 2024

latest news suggests they are not looking good at raising funds needed.
I really don't understand why they signed Christensen though, and they already had Eric Garcia, Araujo, and Pique (yes, he is 35); and he doesn't strike me as a CB that suits their style (but I may be wrong),
Their priority is to get Gavi to sign (his buy-out clause is "only" €50m)

So according to Ali G the plan is Doherty and Spence.

Probably true given the lack of links to another other RWBs. I'm amazed that this unproven 21 year old from the Championship really seems to be the best wingback we can get in for Conte.

And again, I know Doherty had a good spell before his injury but who knows how he returns? There's no saying whether he can deliver consistent elite performances for a top of the PL/CL team.

On the bright side at least in theory if Doherty is missing we will still retain some attacking threat on the right hand side but Spence's goals/assist numbers are not impressive so it remains to be seen.

It just seems we are looking to pack out the team with real high level quality and RWB is kind of being left behind.
Not that I buy any of these rumours but if spence is the way forward, at least another home grown player on the roster. It is an issue that needs balancing

Back
Top Bottom