Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No because scoring goals isn't everything. The club are (hopefully) viewing Richarlison as a whole package. Someone who can dribble, presses well, can physically compete, is a threat on the break, can assist teammates & scores goals. His competitive nature fits well with what Conte likes.

DCL might have more goals but Richarlison is the one who stands out on that team as being too good a footballer for them.
You're killing me, Deuterz. KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy got you out here taking all kinds of sides. I'm just leaving thyis here for posterity.

Very interesting!

I admire his determination to succeed.

Every time I hear a story like this, or Salah devoting two rooms in his house to fitness and recovery, I can’t help but think of that fat, unprofessional oaf Rooney… complete opposite of such modern thinking

Doubt it, Newcastle would easily ask £35-40m for ASM (contract until 2026)
Newvastle wouldn't sell him at any price unless they got a better winger next season. He's their second best player.

You're killing me, Deuterz. KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy got you out here taking all kinds of sides. I'm just leaving thyis here for posterity.

That's cool. Pretty certain I've never stated that goals are everything in a footballer before, just that they're important for a striker. And they still are. Luckily a certain someone scores a bunch and is also a brilliant team player.

Since when did Levy ever strike a deal when the price is unrealistic? Ok, apart from Ndombele.
"Three of four others, some known, and a couple not." He contradicts and confuses himself in this sentence. If "a couple" of them are not known then there is only 1 known (the mentioned Richarlison) and not "some".
Besides, I can't imagine quality targets that are "not known" being targeted.
Every day I read about this & taht player being "admired" by Partici and "loved" by Conte, as it's they want to date the concerning player.

Hercules (SC)
We are talking to a few striker options aside from Richarlison. If we can deal at realistic price we would firm up. Three or four others, some known, and a couple not. Conte loves Richarlison though.

Last edited:
That's cool. Pretty certain I've never stated that goals are everything in a footballer before, just that they're important for a striker. And they still are. Luckily a certain someone scores a bunch and is also a brilliant team player.
...all about service oh wise one...just like DCL...pretty much the crux of my position, Deuterz, which you found convenient to dismiss DCL.

CB: will monitor Bastoni, Gvardiol is a backup option, as is Pau Torres (which we may be able to work Lo Celso into a deal with). Zabarnyi is considered a possible opportunistic purchase with the Ukraine situation.

Keeper: Austin 3rd choice, need to find a long-term successor for Hugo soon

FBs: Watch for Spence movement this week, Conte and Paritici like him as a HG option. If it happens watch for Royal to return to La Liga. Reguilon is free to leave. Singo and Hakimi (long shot) also being monitored.

MF: Winks likely to move, Everton possibly. We may look back to McKennie

Forwards
: Paritici likes Richarlison and Spurs have a good relationship with his new agency. Everton’s evaluation is currently too high, may be one for later in the window. Lucas may move if we bring someone in, Gil likely to go out on loan. He talks about a few other options, states Bale is not an option.

We don't need to spend 50-60 million for a 4th choice attacker though.
Why not look for an experienced albeit older alternative (like a Perisic) that we could get on a free or cheap transfer? There are plenty of older attackers that still have got quality.
It's not just for now though. Kane and Son aren't going to play forever. At some point we'll need a successor to them. Rich as a start is as good as anyone to pick up where they leave off while we blood in new players.

So with Richarlison, Spence almost done and Eriksen likely to come, does Paratici and Conte focus on sorting another CM out or do they focus on a LCB?

Back
Top Bottom