Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or....

Behind the scenes at Hotspur Way the coaching staff consider him to be poor enough that if we give him another season to 'exhibit' himself then he'll depreciate hugely.

(No idea what the truth is, but not impossible, surely?)

not entirely impossible at all! who really knows! He could be a special project that the club are doing everything in their power to get the best from him, but we wouldnt know...

as my old man used to say...'Were ifs,buts and maybes pots and pans, we'd all be tin merchants'...

It is backing Poch both Levy and Poch can simultaneously make bad decisions.

Two people can be wrong at the same time revolutionary concept I know....
How was Levy wrong by trusting his manager and scouts that this player was exactly the team needed and 60M would be justified?

People want Levy to leave the football to the football men and just splash the cash.
When he does, it’s a mistake because he should have been personally going to watch Ndombele and overruling Poch?

What chairman scouts players?

Maybe Levy did EXACTLY what you are saying g should have done here regarding Zaha, Martial, Wan Bissaka and so on, and thankfully we didn’t spend 190M on them.
But then that was just being a tight cunt right, not good scouting?

Levys mistakes are all his, but Pochs and both of their fault?

How was Levy wrong by trusting his manager and scouts that this player was exactly the team needed and 60M would be justified?

People want Levy to leave the football to the football men and just splash the cash.
When he does, it’s a mistake because he should have been personally going to watch Ndombele and overruling Poch?

What chairman scouts players?

Maybe Levy did EXACTLY what you are saying g should have done here regarding Zaha, Martial, Wan Bissaka and so on, and thankfully we didn’t spend 190M on them.
But then that was just being a tight cunt right, not good scouting?

Levys mistakes are all his, but Pochs and both of their fault?
If the money is left to the football men that being scouts/the manager and they continue to make poor decisions then it is the responsibility, no duty of the CEO to step in.

If a company had an employee who continues to fuck up and allows him to then that's the fault of the company in the end, even though both are fundamentally at fault.

The thing about Levy is that he's wanted a DOF forever, and I guarantee you he looks at the City structure as an ideal and a goal. The guy is a au courant forward-thinker of the football business above all else, and always has been. It's just that he can't bring himself to relinquish the control necessary for a DOF to do their job, and every time a structure like that has been set up at ENIC's Spurs (Levy-Arnesen-Santini, Levy-Comolli-Ramos, Levy-Baldini-AVB) it has been an unstable disaster.

And to be more direct about my comment of Levy's role in our scouting, we only target players Levy likes. His analysis of the marketplace drives our player targeting process.

His view of the marketplace is very good! But it's as incomplete as a single person with a very demanding other full-time job will necessarily be. It's too big of a job now, you're competing against teams with too much scouting resources and too much analytics resources, let alone money.

Hiring Mourinho (and maybe even more than that the goofball Gedson Fernandes transfer) reflects a change of heart on Levy's part about playing the Jorge Mendes-type game. We'll see where that's headed. But I'm suspicious that where once Levy viewed people like Mendes as interloping parasites on the game, he's come to see networks like that as a last bastion of a world in which global football brands do their business in high-wire personal negotiations between swinging dick alpha males on Deadline Day.

He's gotta let it go and build a technical department worthy of the stadium he built.

I think we are aligned in terms of what we want but with regard to Levy's willingness and the success of our spells under a DOF.....

Personally, i think all signs point to Levy wanting one and our past spells with one (besides Baldini) wete pretty fruitful (Modric & Bale + the BMJ era).... Both times we've abandoned the DOF has coincided with managers desiring more control over that side of things..... Which was arguably against DLs better judgement.

Let's give im another season in front of Hojbjerg.

Modric was called the worst signing in Madrid history by MARCA, so... Just wait.

Think there's a much higher upside in trying to make Ndombele work than bringing in Skriniar/Brozovic/Coutinho in a swap deal.

All comes down to how much the player and manager are willing to invest in making it work. If he doesn't communicate a willingness to succeed at the club then it's better to get in somebody else.

Can't understand people who don't see what he could bring to our team though. A uniquely talented footballer.

If the money is left to the football men that being scouts/the manager and they continue to make poor decisions then it is the responsibility, no duty of the CEO to step in.

If a company had an employee who continues to fuck up and allows him to then that's the fault of the company in the end, even though both are fundamentally at fault.

And as I said, when Levy has “stepped in” in the past, would it be fair to say that he has then been accused of not backing the manager?

If he didn’t sign Ndombele and we were as shit as we have been, would people be saying that not backing Poch eventually cost Poch his job and that Levy is holding back the club etc etc etc

I don’t think you’d be sitting here saying “yeah well Ndombele was known to be lazy so Levy was right to block the signing”.

Let's give im another season in front of Hojbjerg.

Modric was called the worst signing in Madrid history by MARCA, so... Just wait.

I have to laugh at this mantra coming from people who don’t think he’s been crap, and has been excellent when he’s played and done nothing wrong and isn’t lazy and isn’t fat and improves us.......

What should we “just wait” for then....if he’s already good?
How can someone who thinks he’s not shite want to give him time to not be shite?

Hojberg means the end of Ndombele thankfully, it’s not even the managers signing, I doubt he gives a toss about making it work.

I have to laugh at this mantra coming from people who don’t think he’s been crap, and has been excellent when he’s played and done nothing wrong and isn’t lazy and isn’t fat and improves us.......

What should we “just wait” for then....if he’s already good?
How can someone who thinks he’s not shite want to give him time to not be shite?

Hojberg means the end of Ndombele thankfully, it’s not even the managers signing, I doubt he gives a toss about making it work.
He's 22-23 years old. Jesus Christ, you are one boring af, you know.

He wasn't brilliant, he had flashes of brilliance, we've seen what he can become. Of course, he had nightmare games, but that doesn't mean he can't be too player in 2 or e years.

Hojbjerg is nowhere near Ndombele and Mourinho knows it. Hopefully Sissoko/Winks will be past and we'll enjoy in Hojbjerg, Ndombele and Lo Celso as oue midfielders.

He has his flaws, but of we sell him under the price of only swap him for Skriniar it would be disaster.

He's 22-23 years old. Jesus Christ, you are one boring af, you know.

He wasn't brilliant, he had flashes of brilliance, we've seen what he can become. Of course, he had nightmare games, but that doesn't mean he can't be too player in 2 or e years.

Hojbjerg is nowhere near Ndombele and Mourinho knows it. Hopefully Sissoko/Winks will be past and we'll enjoy in Hojbjerg, Ndombele and Lo Celso as oue midfielders.

He has his flaws, but of we sell him under the price of only swap him for Skriniar it would be disaster.
He’s been shit and if he cost 8M and was this shit you’d want Levys head in a stick

He’s been shit and if he cost 8M and was this shit you’d want Levys head in a stick
No, he wasn't.

It's quite obvious you have favourites in Spurs shirt. Never seen you throwing shit on Eric Dier, and he's been average for most of last two years. But well... Or Winks.. or whoever.

Your knowlegde of football is poor to say at least. So I don't know why am Ibothering to have conversation with you.

I think we are aligned in terms of what we want but with regard to Levy's willingness and the success of our spells under a DOF.....

Personally, i think all signs point to Levy wanting one and our past spells with one (besides Baldini) wete pretty fruitful (Modric & Bale + the BMJ era).... Both times we've abandoned the DOF has coincided with managers desiring more control over that side of things..... Which was arguably against DLs better judgement.

Yeah, I think a DOF would be best, and Levy has made his desire to have that kind of model clear for years, but it is going to require Levy to change the way he does business to work.

(It also requires the manager's cooperation, but really only 'Arry type dinosaurs expect to quarterback the transfer dealings anymore. Mourinho has been at big professionalized continental clubs, he gets it)

I hope Tanguy comes good he would benefit largely if we had Ndidi or kante style player behind him. I unfortunately do not think Jose will give him a chance and Levy will not pay to big money to get that type of player

No, he wasn't.

It's quite obvious you have favourites in Spurs shirt. Never seen you throwing shit on Eric Dier, and he's been average for most of last two years. But well... Or Winks.. or whoever.

Your knowlegde of football is poor to say at least. So I don't know why am Ibothering to have conversation with you.

Anyone claiming Ndombele has looked good for us need not question anyone else’s football knowledge.
He’s been a total flop.

Lucky for you your standards are so low that this window shouldn’t be too big a disappointment for you

Guy has a stone instead of a brain, it’s a waste of time.

Let’s see your brain capacity shall we....

Yeah Dele can fuck off and he'll end in a couple of years back at some shit club like MK Dons cause he won't hack it at Real/Barcelona, the fucking little prick.

I understand he may think that Dele is shit but that’s not how you support the club.

If I think someone is shit, I can stand for it when they come good and hold my hands up if they play well.

What I don’t do is pretend I’m a good little fan when I’m as big a cunt as the next moron

Back
Top Bottom