Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This feels like more of a truce than a real repair of the relationship. Tanguy is an awkward fit for Mourinho, both in playing style and temperament. His football is free, improvisational (reminds me a bit of Riquelme) and Mourinho teams usually have limited space for players like that. His temperament seems shy, laid back, inscrutable, a bit stubborn even. I suspect Mourinho can not get in his head the way he wants. If Tanguy starts to really try, it's because he wants it, in spite of Mourinho, not because of him. And for a control freak like Mourinho, that's annoying.

All this means the relationship is fragile, and I fear any little thing could see it break. But Mourinho is vastly experienced, he isn't stupid and if he believes he needs Ndombele there's at least hope he will do some of what it takes to get the best from Tanguy.

A display of both why Mourinho is skeptical of him and why he absolutely has to be on the field.

He just kinda ambles around, with effort, but no great deal of structure or discipline. But then the course of play arrives at him, and he just conjures danger at will.

He was a positive in the shit half of the game. I suspect the sub at half was more or less planned as they work him into fitness (still think it’s ridiculous I even have to say that).

Was smarter to play him further forward today.

It's a shame he played in the half that saw us play with a high line and the instruction to knock it long - wasn't surprised that pretty much our only bit of football of the half saw Ndombele involved and us score a goal - he'd have loved the space we got in the second half - but that also shows the importance of also having Lo Celso available if Ndombele isn't fit enough or injured etc.

Interesting to see Joses comments in his presser.

Was smarter to play him further forward today.

It's a shame he played in the half that saw us play with a high line and the instruction to knock it long - wasn't surprised that pretty much our only bit of football of the half saw Ndombele involved and us score a goal - he'd have loved the space we got in the second half - but that also shows the importance of also having Lo Celso available if Ndombele isn't fit enough or injured etc.

Interesting to see Joses comments in his presser.
Definitely a fitness sub.

A display of both why Mourinho is skeptical of him and why he absolutely has to be on the field.

He just kinda ambles around, with effort, but no great deal of structure or discipline. But then the course of play arrives at him, and he just conjures danger at will.
The boy's an enigma.

You never know what he's gonna do, but he cooks up some magic when he has the ball.

Has a face on him like he's constatly smelling someone's fart and is disgusted.

Has the strangest gait I've ever seen.

It's almost as if his body works against itself when in motion.

All very odd, but we've seen many oddball geniuses in the game and Tango is likely to be one of them.

Yeah he had COVID like, 3 weeks ago and missed a lot of training.

It's an extremely promising sign he was started today. Jose wouldn't have done that if he didn't like what he was seeing in training.

I was impressed with him today. Thought the move for the goal was exceptional. Agree with some of the comments that he ambles around a lot. Trying to incorporate him and Lo Celso into the same team will be very tough, but enjoyed watching Ndombele today. Turned out to be a good sub in the end so credit to Mourinho.

Thought he did well and the booking he got was harsh and you could actually see the ref react to the Soton players shouting, great turn and pass for the first goal. I think he should be given a free role behind the front 3 purely to create

Back
Top Bottom