Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought he did well and the booking he got was harsh and you could actually see the ref react to the Soton players shouting, great turn and pass for the first goal. I think he should be given a free role behind the front 3 purely to create
Him as a #10 feeding Kane, Son and Bale would be incredible to watch.

Thought he did well today.

Not sure the high line helps him as it stretches the play when they get in behind us. I think he’d flourish if we’re more compact and he can find a yard of space and feed the front three on a quick counter.

Good to see him involved.

I was impressed with him today. Thought the move for the goal was exceptional. Agree with some of the comments that he ambles around a lot. Trying to incorporate him and Lo Celso into the same team will be very tough, but enjoyed watching Ndombele today. Turned out to be a good sub in the end so credit to Mourinho.

I do wonder with Ndombele if we play him behind a front two of Kane and Son (till Bale arrives), free him a bit from defensive duties and let him be our creative hub with Lo Celso and PEH

He was OK today and provided an exquisite moment for the equaliser but still a long way to go, he doesn’t have much energy still.

The substitution worked well, Gio was much better than him but at least Tanguy showed some promise.

Good 45 mins. Showed a lot more energy of the ball and obvious quality on it.

I think he could do with someone sitting down and showing him where to go on defensive transitions though.

Anyone who was melting during the match about him being subbed have the balls to at least say maybe they were wrong in this case. Tangy is being eased back after Covid, his knee is still heavily strapped, we have a big squad so why not give Tangy all the time to hit peak form

I like Lo Celso playing closer to the front players and think that Ndombele is better at the longer passes through the midfield, but Lo Celso is also good at making those passes and I think his defensive willingness/ability might mean that GLC is a better fit playing deep to allow Ndombele to have less defensive responsibility/area to cover.

I think ideally we are able to play them so that they can switch between the two in terms of who is forward and who is deep because both players are good in each role. Ideally we need them both on the pitch at the same time.

I understand that for both of them their are fitness concerns now but it was clear from both of their play today that with them on the field we are so much more dangerous going forward compared to when we have Winks, Sissoko, Moura or PEH.

Hopefully, Ndombele can take some confidence from today and last week to continue to build on his fitness and commitment to get better overall.

I'm not getting too excited just yet, but to be fair he has much improved and the tackle and pass for the first goal was fantastic.

I still think he's not suited to the premier league compared to maybe Serie A or La Liga, but at least he's showing some promise.

Half time sub was absolutely the right decision. Had a great moment to draw us level but was clearly knackered. If he and Jose are on the same page then both of them should be happy with this.

Anyone who was melting during the match about him being subbed have the balls to at least say maybe they were wrong in this case. Tangy is being eased back after Covid, his knee is still heavily strapped, we have a big squad so why not give Tangy all the time to hit peak form
I'm pleased Mourinho has come out & stated it was a fitness thing, and that he's managing the minutes of our two creative CMs - Tanguy & GLC.

But for a player with a dodgy knee, the strength, desire & skill Ndombele showed in the last minute of the half in turning away from a cluster of Soton players and immediately pinging the ball forward to Kane was a moment of pure footballing joy.

I can't help being old school Spurs. When I see one of our players displaying such scintillating flair & talent, after a largely abject half of football, I want to see more of him.

And yes, GLC is outstanding too.

:kaneear:

I'm pleased Mourinho has come out & stated it was a fitness thing, and that he's managing the minutes of our two creative CMs - Tanguy & GLC.

But for a player with a dodgy knee, the strength, desire & skill Ndombele showed in the last minute of the half in turning away from a cluster of Soton players and immediately pinging the ball forward to Kane was a moment of pure footballing joy.

I can't help being old school Spurs. When I see one of our players displaying such scintillating flair & talent, after a largely abject half of football, I want to see more of him.

And yes, GLC is outstanding too.

:kaneear:
I get you, I love the skill too and from being a big critic of Ndombele last season I really want him to succeed now. I'm glad he came back from the summer break and from all reports he wants to be a success here.

Were people seriously melting when he went off at HT? He was always going to get subbed off at the 60min mark absolute max which he would've been aware of. He's getting back to condition. First start for months and a good sign that the door is open for him in Jose's eyes.

Showed what he can do. No other player in the whole squad would've had the skill and strength to pull off that move for the equaliser. Let's hope he keeps improving, shows the doubters they're wrong, and that said doubters have the good grace to accept they might have written him off prematurely

Last edited:
Were people seriously melting when he went off at HT? He was always going to get subbed off at the 60min mark absolute max which he would've been aware of. He's getting back to condition. First start for months and a good sign that the door is open for him in Jose's eyes.

Showed what he can do. No other player in the whole squad would've had the skill and strength to pull off that move for the equaliser. Let's hope he keeps improving, shows the doubters they're wrong, and that said doubters have the good grace to accept they might be woefully wrong

Nobody was "melting."

I think some people were questioning why in a 1-1 the guy who was integral in our only goal and the only player in midfield making quality forward passes was being taken off instead of other players (Winks, PEH, Moura) who were doing little to nothing out there.

I think fans are totally justified in wanting to see two creative players like Lo Celso and Ndomebele play together, so the reaction was fair at the time.

Nobody was "melting."

I think some people were questioning why in a 1-1 the guy who was integral in our only goal and the only player in midfield making quality forward passes was being taken off instead of other players (Winks, PEH, Moura) who were doing little to nothing out there.

I think fans are totally justified in wanting to see two creative players like Lo Celso and Ndomebele play together, so the reaction was fair at the time.

This is correct, we need to find a way to have these 2 players on the pitch at the same time. That's down to the manager to resolve. We can't keep playing Winks\Sissoko\Hojbjerg as a double-pivot as it's shown not to work. It's like having 2 players doing what 1 good one would do in there.

Back
Top Bottom